microwave

Found 19th Jun 2017
Hi All, im after a microwave about £100 budget but its got to be a good sized one. I don't understand how all the litre things work but I need it as big as possible, obviously not industrial but a big one. thanks all
Community Updates
AskMicrowave
18 Comments
Original Poster
no one for the microwave? shocked!
lendu5 m ago

no one for the microwave? shocked!

A litre is a measure of volume.

That's the best help you can get with what you've provided.
The more litres = the larger the capacity...

How don't you understand that?
40l microwave is about as big as it gets in your price range. Sharp and panosonic make a 42.. Google 40l microwave
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Jun 2017
Original Poster
Thank you Ross for clarifying that.
thanks wayners for your answer, any chance you have any certain recommendations please.

thanks appreciate any help.
Are you after microwave or a combi?
what other preferences do u have as it just being the largest u can get may not be te best idea if it's lower powered as most these days are it takes a lot longer than higher powered ones. I think u can get a fairly decent one like a sharp Panasonic one around 950w or 1000w. or a large capacity but lower powered one around 700/800 for about 50/60 quid if u don't mind slower cooking times
Go into a store which stocks them and see what size you actually want.
Go for 800w or more anything less will be really slow.

Any preference on colour or style?
Original Poster
Hi. OK do colour prefer black, and power is a good point dint think about that. Medium size with high power more preferred then. Thanks guys
If you have a family then the size may matter more, but if you live alone then any size will do. You may want to look at combination microwaves, which can also act like an oven and grill. They are brilliant if you don't want to use oven or grill.
Original Poster
Hi mutley. It's for a family so a decent size and decent power better for me. Thanks
my mum had a 32l panasonic combination oven and it is really good. panasonic is very good for combination.
Original Poster
Oh cool. It's for me mum as well. Do you have a link I can look up please? Thanks pal
lendu1 h, 4 m ago

Oh cool. It's for me mum as well. Do you have a link I can look up please? …Oh cool. It's for me mum as well. Do you have a link I can look up please? Thanks pal

google panasonic combination microwave and you will see lots come up for sale. there are microwave with grill or combination microwave, the latter will also have oven as well as grill, but obviously more expensive. the food tastes the same as grilled or oven cooked food but the beauty is that they cook faster as the grill and oven facility are helped along with microwave cooking.

john lewis has lots to choose from but may not be cheapest place to buy, but will give you an idea of what is available and the sizes available. i would say for a family, choose 27L upwards. The bigger they are, the more expensive they become but you want one that will at least allow a whole chicken to fit in there as a minimum if you want to use it as an oven.

you may want to pop into a shop to see what 27L actually mean and would this fit a chicken, and what size chicken? 30L is adequate for a chicken i think. certainly the 32L my mum had could fit a large chicken.

johnlewis.com/bro…d|0
Original Poster
Wow thank you so much for taking all that time time out to write all that. Really do appreciate it. I will go out and see sizes and wat they do etc. Again thank you. I hope I can help you out one day too.
lendu4 h, 32 m ago

Wow thank you so much for taking all that time time out to write all that. …Wow thank you so much for taking all that time time out to write all that. Really do appreciate it. I will go out and see sizes and wat they do etc. Again thank you. I hope I can help you out one day too.

lol. that wouldn't take long as i often ask stupid questions.
Original Poster
But you answered and that I appreciate
lendu44 m ago

But you answered and that I appreciate

No worries mate. I try to be helpful even where i am not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants