Mid price Wireless Earbuds for Gym

Posted 21st Nov
Son wants a pair of these for the gym for Christmas and I genuinely know nothing about them and reluctant to rely on the masses of reviews on the net. He pointed me towards Raycon E100 @ £71 but they are shipped from the USA only and have 19 p&p added and possibly import taxes, so I'm not keen.

So, any suggestions for sub £100 wireless buds which don't fall out easily, gratefully received.Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Is expensive earbuds worth it for gym?

How about cheap £25 one and leave £75 for something else?
I have cheap £15 tecknet ones from amazon, good battery life, sound is decent aswell
I use the Powerbeats Pro 3 Wireless which have just been posted on this site for £99.
I use it for both jogging and gym and the sounds good and they stay in my ears great, I have tried the AirPods, AirPod pros and a few others but stuck with the Powerbeats.
You're probably better off with normal earbuds, just noise cancelling or noise isolating. Ive tried a bunch of wireless earphones but they were always a bit awkward, such as not getting a decent fit/ falling out with little bit of head movement, etc.

i currently use the Bose UltraSound Sport (i thinkt thats what theyre called) and the excellent in-ear fit isolates the crappy gym music
Thanks for the good suggestions, he really wants in in-ear type without the loop that most of the sports orientated (Powerbeats) ones have. I know that that is the point, but was why he went for the Raycons, apparently they stay in well. Also, he is more into the weight training than cardio, so perhaps unrequired. Will investigate the budget ones, which may be a good idea to try the water.
airbus33021/11/2019 18:07

...Will investigate the budget ones, which may be a good idea to try the …...Will investigate the budget ones, which may be a good idea to try the water.

You'll probaby want a set that is water-resistant (or sweat-resistant) with a suitable IPX rating.

Seriously, check this with the intended recipient & also the duration of time they are likely to be worn without needing to be re-charged.

Both these points will influence the model (&, hence, the price) choices.
Anker Bluetooth Headphones, SoundBuds Slim Lightweight Wireless Earphones, IPX5 Sweatproof Sports Headphones with cVc Noise Suppression Mic and 7-Hour Playtime(Renewed) amazon.co.uk/dp/…M2Y

These are excellent and £15
davewave21/11/2019 22:04

Anker Bluetooth Headphones, SoundBuds Slim Lightweight Wireless Earphones, …Anker Bluetooth Headphones, SoundBuds Slim Lightweight Wireless Earphones, IPX5 Sweatproof Sports Headphones with cVc Noise Suppression Mic and 7-Hour Playtime(Renewed) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0753D3372/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QMW1DbV0C7M2YThese are excellent and £15

I do like Anker stuff... however, wearing somebody else's earphones (even with an assertion that the buds are new) would be something I would not be tempted to pursue!
fanpages21/11/2019 22:18

I do like Anker stuff... however, wearing somebody else's earphones … I do like Anker stuff... however, wearing somebody else's earphones (even with an assertion that the buds are new) would be something I would not be tempted to pursue!

OK ok... £20 for brand spanking new...

Anker Wireless Headphones, Upgraded SoundBuds Slim Workout Headphones Magnetic In-Ear Earbuds, Bluetooth 5.0, 10-Hour Playtime, IPX7 Waterproof for Workouts, Running, Swimming, Gym, Work, Home amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y2W1DbAMSE88H
Edited by: "davewave" 21st Nov
davewave21/11/2019 22:21

OK ok... £20 for brand spanking new...Anker Wireless Headphones, Upgraded …OK ok... £20 for brand spanking new...Anker Wireless Headphones, Upgraded SoundBuds Slim Workout Headphones Magnetic In-Ear Earbuds, Bluetooth 5.0, 10-Hour Playtime, IPX7 Waterproof for Workouts, Running, Swimming, Gym, Work, Home amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y2W1DbAMSE88H

If you haven't got an iPhone, then start looking at aptX earphones, aptx HD if you can.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 21st Nov
RiverDragon821/11/2019 23:29

If you haven't got an iPhone, then start looking at aptX earphones, aptx …If you haven't got an iPhone, then start looking at aptX earphones, aptx HD if you can.

What is aptX HD?
Now for aptX HD. Also called aptX Lossless, it is essentially an updated, beefed-up aptX with the ability to transfer music in a way that allows better sound quality.

It was released in reaction to the increasing popularity of hi-res audio and supports audio at 24-bit/48kHz. Compression remains at a ratio of 4:1, with a bitrate of 576kbps.

Whether it is a match for a wired hi-res signal is debatable, and straightforward comparisons are tricky as you can't turn aptX HD on/off on products to discern sound quality differences, but Qualcomm seems to be happy gunning for ‘better-than-CD’ sound quality.

Android smartphones and tablets were some of the first products to implement aptX HD since its launch, with the LG G5 being the very first smartphone to adopt it. Other LG phones quickly followed, including the latest G8 ThinQ smartphone - and support is now fairly common across various recent smartphones from Sony, OnePlus, Huawei and Google.

Notable exceptions include Apple's iPhones – which still don't support the aptX codec – while Samsung's Galaxy S9, Galaxy S10, Note 9 and Note 10 phones support aptX but not aptX HD.
Edited by: "davewave" 22nd Nov
ding22/11/2019 15:12

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8796581 get great reviews

I saw those earlier, very tempted.
ding22/11/2019 15:12

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8796581 get great reviews

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants