Groups

middle / upper class

what kind of things do the middle class spend their money on ?

like hot tubs holidays ect.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

139 Comments

High culture that is considered 'educated', be it opera to exhibit, and ski trips as their vacations. Boating and golf as hobbies are common too

Alethia

High culture that is considered 'educated', be it opera to exhibit, and … High culture that is considered 'educated', be it opera to exhibit, and ski trips as their vacations. Boating and golf as hobbies are common too

Think you're getting confused with "Upper Class". Ones class is defined by how hard you are prepared to work to earn your family the small luxuries like holidays and nice TVs etc . Middle class tends to work hard , Lower class tends not to work and rely on the "State" (in other words Taxpayers -the "State" has no money of its own ) to provide them with booze ,fags, holidays etc. The Upper class also do not work , their luxuries are provided by their inheritance (maybe an ancestor did actually work hard) (_;)

Edited by: "rogparki" 20th Dec 2014

rogparki

Think you're getting confused with "Upper Class". Ones class is defined … Think you're getting confused with "Upper Class". Ones class is defined by how hard you are prepared to work to earn your family the small luxuries like holidays and nice TVs etc . Middle class tends to work hard ,Lower class tends not to work and rely on the "State" (in other words Taxpayers -the "State" has no money of its own ) to provide them with booze ,fags, holidays etc. The Upper class also do not work ,their luxuries are provided by their inheritance (maybe an ancestor did actually work hard (_;)

Troll?

middle class. organic foods, £10+ bottles of wine. country pubs , waitrose, john Lewis for Christmas presents.

craigstephens

Troll?

Please explain your comment . I get really ,really upset being called a Troll - which I perceive as having evil connotations - read about it in the press every day . This ,I presume is a discussion and you've had my opinion , we haven't had yours yet apart from an insulting jibe - Very sad !

As stupid questions go, this one is near the top of the pile. And as for rogparki, well, words fail me. Trolling par excellence indeed.

ceres

As stupid questions go, this one is near the top of the pile. And as for … As stupid questions go, this one is near the top of the pile. And as for rogparki, well, words fail me. Trolling par excellence indeed.

Why seems spot on to me!

fbz1986

what kind of things do the middle class spend their money on ?like hot … what kind of things do the middle class spend their money on ?like hot tubs holidays ect.Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

They spend their money on the same things you do. Keeping a roof over their heads, paying the bills, bringing up their children.

Sad that a few members seem to stereotype anyone on benefits (no matter the reason) as lower class.

I wouldn't want to wish disabilities or illnesses or age+redundancy on anyone except those trolls who stereotype people incorrectly.

Yes there are some scum who will do nothing to better their life and just claim benefit and expect the tax payer to provide for them and their many children without a sincere thought about anyone else. Yes there are some who will try to claim some sort of disability when they are perfectly fit and well but those mentioned are a minority.

Before my illness I was applying for 20 - 30 jobs a week, asking about additional training or re-training. I did more than most to look for work because I wanted to work and earn money. For near on 2 years this was done weekly and in the 2 years I got 2 interviews. One was an agency looking for Christmas parcel sorters and the agency were asking questions they were not supposed to ask and when I questioned why they thought it right to ask those questions - they threw my application form in the bin. The benefits agency were given a full written statement but most likely nothing was done.

How dare some people put me in a low life bracket! As I said I wouldn't wish disabilities or illnesses or age+redundancy on anyone except those trolls who stereotype people incorrectly and if it does happen I hope you suffer it worse than me.

Edited by: "philphil61" 20th Dec 2014

philphil61

Sad that a few members seem to stereotype anyone on benefits (no matter … Sad that a few members seem to stereotype anyone on benefits (no matter the reason) as lower class. I wouldn't want to wish disabilities or illnesses or age+redundancy on anyone except those trolls who stereotype people incorrectly.Yes there are some scum who will do nothing to better their life and just claim benefit and expect the tax payer to provide for them and their many children without a sincere thought about anyone else. Yes there are some who will try to claim some sort of disability when they are perfectly fit and well but those mentioned are a minority.Before my illness I was applying for 20 - 30 jobs a week, asking about additional training or re-training. I did more than most to look for work because I wanted to work and earn money. For near on 2 years this was done weekly and in the 2 years I got 2 interviews. One was an agency looking for Christmas parcel sorters and the agency were asking questions they were not supposed to ask and when I questioned why they thought it right to ask those questions - they threw my application form in the bin. The benefits agency were given a full written statement but most likely nothing was done.How dare some people put me in a low life bracket! As I said I wouldn't wish disabilities or illnesses or age+redundancy on anyone except those trolls who stereotype people incorrectly and if it does happen I hope you suffer it worse than me.

Ironically, It's actually because those who are quick to stereotype others are lazy and feckless, in this case the very criticism they level at the objects of their irrational hate. Rather than arriving at their opinions by expending any mental effort or using reasoning, they are instead spoon fed their opinions by ideologically driven media outlets that are heavily bias. As these people by nature are not rational, independent thinking individuals they have an innate inability to perceive things that more rational, mentally able people would find obvious, things like blatant media bias, obviously this is why they are so prone to such conditioning. These people lack any initiative in forming their own opinions, their opinions are just parroted and their characters are nothing more than a poor amalgamation of the conditioning they've undergone throughout their lives.

In terms of basic human decency, independence and strength of character, they are an underclass.

Having spent 7 months on benefits last year after about 19 years in continuous, tax paying employment I was completely unprepared for how I was treated, like a lazy, work shy sponger. Not just in real life at the job center and by a few by people I knew in my personal life, but also in the media, you begin to feel like there is a whole country against you just because you had some bad luck. It's testament to the dribbling moronic stupidity of people that they make assumptions about you on the basis of whether you happen to be on benefits at a given point in time, when you're looking for work that can get really demoralising.... It's an attitude that needs to end because it helps nobody.
    Edited by: "spaceinvader" 20th Dec 2014

spaceinvader

Ironically, It's actually because those who are quick to stereotype … Ironically, It's actually because those who are quick to stereotype others are lazy and feckless, in this case the very criticism they level at the objects of their irrational hate. Rather than arriving at their opinions by expending any mental effort or using reasoning, they are instead spoon fed their opinions by ideologically driven media outlets that are heavily bias. As these people by nature are not rational, independent thinking individuals they have an innate inability to perceive things that more rational, mentally able people would find obvious, things like blatant media bias, obviously this is why they are so prone to this conditioning. These people lack any initiative in forming their own opinions, their opinions are just parroted and their characters are nothing more than a poor amalgamation of the conditioning they've undergone throughout their lives.In terms of basic human decency, independence and strength of character, they are an underclass.Having spent 7 months on benefits last year after about 19 years in continuous, tax paying employment I was completely unprepared for how I was treated, like a lazy, work shy sponger. Not just in real life at the job center and by a few by people I knew in my personal life, but also in the media, you begin to feel like there is a whole country against you just because you had some bad luck. It's testament to the dribbling moronic stupidity of people that they make assumptions about you on the basis of whether you happen to be on benefits at a given point in time, when you're looking for work that can get really demoralising.... It's an attitude that needs to end because it helps nobody.

UK unemployment: Plan to help over-50s keep working - yet I was told time and time again there is no issue with age and job vacancies by the benefit staff. True there should be no age discrimination but then there is a difference between reality/fact and government information/reports.

adamsxi

Why seems spot on to me!

Agreed. It's an opinion, whether other not people agree with it is down to their perspective.

davewave

Agreed. It's an opinion, whether other not people agree with it is down … Agreed. It's an opinion, whether other not people agree with it is down to their perspective.

Rogparki didn't express an opinion. He made a statement of fact that should be refuted because it is not correct:

"Lower class tends not to work and rely on the "State""

EOSTFU

philphil61

UK unemployment: Plan to help over-50s keep working - yet I was told … UK unemployment: Plan to help over-50s keep working - yet I was told time and time again there is no issue with age and job vacancies by the benefit staff. True there should be no age discrimination but then there is a difference between reality/fact and government information/reports.

I wonder if they actually believe what they are telling you, my work takes people on regularly as they are transitioning to from a full time to a part time workforce, never known them to take on anyone older than mid 40s. A friend of mine works in a shop in town, they regularly (unofficially) reject people for being too old, they simply won't entertain the Idea of employing anyone beyond the mid 30s. Discrimination is rife, and it's blatant because it's usually impossible to prove.

spaceinvader

I wonder if they actually believe what they are telling you, my work … I wonder if they actually believe what they are telling you, my work takes people on regularly as they are transitioning to from a full time to a part time workforce, never known them to take on anyone older than mid 40s. A friend of mine works in a shop in town, they regularly (unofficially) reject people for being too old, they simply won't entertain the Idea of employing anyone beyond the mid 30s. Discrimination is rife, and it's blatant because it's usually impossible to prove.

I know the benefit staff knew what I was saying was correct but of course they couldn't agree officially. I've experienced the mire that the benefit agency and ATOS and the current government has done to some benefit claimants but I have also seen the scum that should only be targetted.

Yes, as I said before, there is a minority of scum who claim because they can but the governments reaction is to target everyone claiming - it seems the unemployed figures are going down because real benefit claimants are being struck off or forced into zero hour contracts etc and having to claim tax top ups whilst the scum who never intend to work still get their benefits.

Edited by: "philphil61" 20th Dec 2014

philphil61

Sad that a few members seem to stereotype anyone on benefits (no matter … Sad that a few members seem to stereotype anyone on benefits (no matter the reason) as lower class. I wouldn't want to wish disabilities or illnesses or age+redundancy on anyone except those trolls who stereotype people incorrectly.Yes there are some scum who will do nothing to better their life and just claim benefit and expect the tax payer to provide for them and their many children without a sincere thought about anyone else. Yes there are some who will try to claim some sort of disability when they are perfectly fit and well but those mentioned are a minority.Before my illness I was applying for 20 - 30 jobs a week, asking about additional training or re-training. I did more than most to look for work because I wanted to work and earn money. For near on 2 years this was done weekly and in the 2 years I got 2 interviews. One was an agency looking for Christmas parcel sorters and the agency were asking questions they were not supposed to ask and when I questioned why they thought it right to ask those questions - they threw my application form in the bin. The benefits agency were given a full written statement but most likely nothing was done.How dare some people put me in a low life bracket! As I said I wouldn't wish disabilities or illnesses or age+redundancy on anyone except those trolls who stereotype people incorrectly and if it does happen I hope you suffer it worse than me.

Well said Philip xx

Angel_Of_The_North

Well said Philip xx

Thanks - I know sometimes I'm misunderstood but receiving a response like yours does mean a lot to me. Very much appreciated.

ceres

Rogparki didn't express an opinion. He made a statement of fact that … Rogparki didn't express an opinion. He made a statement of fact that should be refuted because it is not correct:"Lower class tends not to work and rely on the "State""EOSTFU

It is correct though, that's what they "tend" to do. I haven't looked, but I bet the % of people on benefits are not the disabled (I'm not going to include pensioners).

People read far too much into peoples opinions - if it's a statement of fact then people should disprove him, not call him a "troll"... That's irony

rogparki

Think you're getting confused with "Upper Class". Ones class is defined … Think you're getting confused with "Upper Class". Ones class is defined by how hard you are prepared to work to earn your family the small luxuries like holidays and nice TVs etc . Middle class tends to work hard , Lower class tends not to work and rely on the "State" (in other words Taxpayers -the "State" has no money of its own ) to provide them with booze ,fags, holidays etc. The Upper class also do not work , their luxuries are provided by their inheritance (maybe an ancestor did actually work hard) (_;)

Just Wow !! A Budding Politician in our midst oO [img]scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hph…jpg?oh=a1ac7bbed4d04e369423c0cfb0eaa033&oe=550C3701[/img]

kjcoolcat

It is correct though, that's what they "tend" to do. I haven't looked, … It is correct though, that's what they "tend" to do. I haven't looked, but I bet the % of people on benefits are not the disabled (I'm not going to include pensioners). People read far too much into peoples opinions - if it's a statement of fact then people should disprove him, not call him a "troll"... That's irony

I didnt call him a troll, i was asking him if he was trolling, hence the question mark. I honestly couldn't tell from his post if he really meant what he was typing. But from his second post, it seems he does so i'll go from 'troll?' to 'bigot?'

Alethia

High culture that is considered 'educated', be it opera to exhibit, and … High culture that is considered 'educated', be it opera to exhibit, and ski trips as their vacations. Boating and golf as hobbies are common too

my aunt was a yachts woman, my mum used to play golf, so does that make me upper class oO we are poor and you are silly, you can get on a golf course for under a tenner and pick up a set of clubs for a hundred, the theatre is no more expensive then cinema,you can go to a classical concert at the royal albert hall or barbican for less then a popular music gig at Wembley or something.
    Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 20th Dec 2014

philphil61

Yes and some of these same people who deem themselves better than the unemployed etc probably get child benefit and tax credits etc whilst working which all form part of the UK benefits system. It isn't just composed of Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) but also Income Support, Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Child Benefit, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit, Attendance Allowance, Carer's Allowance, plus Pensions which probably constitute a larger percentage of the UK benefits cost than JSA alone.

The media have generated a stereotyping of people on benefits as all being scroungers and layabouts by focusing on the worst elements of our society via programmes such as Benefits Britain etc. This creates a false sense of reality as not everyone on benefits can get as much as some people in these programmes do. They only achieve the amount of benefits they do through manipulation of the system.

If rogparki actually looked up the definition of lower class they would find that it actually refers to "a class of people below the middle class, having the lowest social rank or standing due to low income, lack of skills or education, and the like." Nowhere does that say that all lower class rely on the "State". Most of my family would not class themselves as middle class and have worked hard all their lives often in lower paid occupations.

People need to stop listening to the rubbish that they're fed by the media and UK government (who don't do so bad themselves at the taxpayers expense) and think about how they'd feel if they were on the other side of the fence. An average unemployed person just about manages to survive on the benefits they receive and cannot afford the luxuries that an employed person can and many do not end up in such a position by choice.

I'm sure that this sort of debate about employed vs unemployed was not the the intention of the OP but threads like this always seem to create it.

craigstephens

I didnt call him a troll, i was asking him if he was trolling, hence the … I didnt call him a troll, i was asking him if he was trolling, hence the question mark. I honestly couldn't tell from his post if he really meant what he was typing. But from his second post, it seems he does so i'll go from 'troll?' to 'bigot?'

That's too funny to be true...If you didn't know what he meant from a pretty comprehensive post, then how on earth did you expect anyone to know that "troll?" Was asking him if he was trolling....

You wasn't the only one, but the point is he didn't state any facts, so who exactly is the bigot here?

kjcoolcat

It is correct though, that's what they "tend" to do. I haven't looked, … It is correct though, that's what they "tend" to do. I haven't looked, but I bet the % of people on benefits are not the disabled (I'm not going to include pensioners). People read far too much into peoples opinions - if it's a statement of fact then people should disprove him, not call him a "troll"... That's irony

Working class, middle class, upper class. Those are the three classes in our society. The lower class is the working class. Making ridiculous statements such as the working class tend not to work is simply untrue.

Edited by: "RossD89" 20th Dec 2014

RossD89

Working class, middle class, upper class. Those are the three classes in … Working class, middle class, upper class. Those are the three classes in our society. The lower class is the working class. Making ridiculous statements such as the working class tend not to work is simply untrue.

Did he say working class? If so I take it back - thought he said lower class

Edit, sorry, see what you mean. Maybe he is counting working and lower classes as seperate, which is what I would do too
    Edited by: "kjcoolcat" 20th Dec 2014

kjcoolcat

People read far too much into peoples opinions - if it's a statement of … People read far too much into peoples opinions - if it's a statement of fact then people should disprove him, not call him a "troll"... That's irony

That's not how it works. You make a statement of fact, you back it up with evidence. EOSTFU.

I wonder where in Rogparki's great scheme of things the bus drivers, nurses, bin men, shop assistants etc fit? I doubt they see themselves as middle class but they sure as hell don't fit his despicable classification as non-working, sponging off the State 'lower class'.

I doubt I've ever come across such a seething, foaming at the mouth, Daily Fail reading, messed-up bundle of predjudice. Shame on you.

philphil61

Have you ever considered writing for a living phil?

kjcoolcat

That's too funny to be true...If you didn't know what he meant from a … That's too funny to be true...If you didn't know what he meant from a pretty comprehensive post, then how on earth did you expect anyone to know that "troll?" Was asking him if he was trolling....You wasn't the only one, but the point is he didn't state any facts, so who exactly is the bigot here?

You've automatically gone down a class
    Edited by: "fungimala" 20th Dec 2014

ceres

That's not how it works. You make a statement of fact, you back it up … That's not how it works. You make a statement of fact, you back it up with evidence. EOSTFU.I wonder where in Rogparki's great scheme of things the bus drivers, nurses, bin men, shop assistants etc fit? I doubt they see themselves as middle class but they sure as hell don't fit his despicable classification as non-working, sponging off the State 'lower class'.I doubt I've ever come across such a seething, foaming at the mouth, Daily Fail reading, messed-up bundle of predjudice. Shame on you.

Where was the fact? I read it as an opinion, which people are allowed everywhere except hukd....

He's probably (I don't know) separating the lower classes to working or not... It's not difficult to work out what he's trying to say though

Coming out with things like "Eostfu" shows that nobody can have an opinion, unless it's yours... Grow up

kjcoolcat

You wasn't the only one, but the point is he didn't state any facts, so … You wasn't the only one, but the point is he didn't state any facts, so who exactly is the bigot here?

oO.................................And which class are you, Sir ?

fungimala

oO.................................And which class are you, Sir ?

The life's too short to pick up grammatical and spelling error class.

kjcoolcat

Where was the fact? I read it as an opinion, which people are allowed … Where was the fact? I read it as an opinion, which people are allowed everywhere except hukd.... He's probably (I don't know) separating the lower classes to working or not... It's not difficult to work out what he's trying to say though Coming out with things like "Eostfu" shows that nobody can have an opinion, unless it's yours... Grow up

There isn't two kinds of lower class. You're either in the lower class bracket (low income which encompasses those unemployed/on benefits), middle class, or upper class.

Natlover2

There isn't two kinds of lower class. You're either in the lower class … There isn't two kinds of lower class. You're either in the lower class bracket (low income which encompasses those unemployed/on benefits), middle class, or upper class.

Yep, and that's something I wasn't really aware of. There needs to be 4 then

philphil61

I agree with almost everything you write here, Phil, but I can't bring myself to wish that absolutely horrendous existence on anyone - even on those who are very naive.

I write 'naive' because in my experience a great many of them are naive - and in their naivety they really believe they are right.

It's important to remember that being naive does not necessarily mean they are 'nasty' - tho' they do come across as nasty to the better informed among us.
    However, we let ourselves down intellectually if we deem them nasty rather than see that they are simply naive ( I do take on board that there are in fact people who revel in being nasty - but I still can't bring myself to wish this experience even on them, even if it might be the only way they will better understand it).

kjcoolcat

That's too funny to be true...If you didn't know what he meant from a … That's too funny to be true...If you didn't know what he meant from a pretty comprehensive post, then how on earth did you expect anyone to know that "troll?" Was asking him if he was trolling....You wasn't the only one, but the point is he didn't state any facts, so who exactly is the bigot here?

Made my day, you have.

tryn2help

I agree with almost everything you write here, Phil, but I can't bring … I agree with almost everything you write here, Phil, but I can't bring myself to wish that absolutely horrendous existence on anyone - even on those who are very naive.I write 'naive' because in my experience a great many of them are naive - and in their naivety they really believe they are right.It's important to remember that being naive does not necessarily mean they are 'nasty' - tho' they do come across as nasty to the better informed among us.However, we let ourselves down intellectually if we deem them nasty rather than see that they are simply naive ( I do take on board that there are in fact people who revel in being nasty - but I still can't bring myself to wish this experience even on them, even if it might be the only way they will better understand it).

I fully agree with you T2H and yes I'm wrong for wishing such karma/burden on others but I speak from the heart and if it's the only way that these "people" will learn it's a "punishment" that best fits the crime (if you understand my words).

There was more words typed here but I was getting too deep and more off topic.....

craigstephens

I didnt call him a troll, i was asking him if he was trolling, hence the … I didnt call him a troll, i was asking him if he was trolling, hence the question mark. I honestly couldn't tell from his post if he really meant what he was typing. But from his second post, it seems he does so i'll go from 'troll?' to 'bigot?'

Bigot is fine - an acceptable insult for those you do not agree with . Troll is an evil term, much misunderstood by HUKD members , nowadays relating to use of the internet to harass , bully and worse .

philphil61

I fully agree with you T2H and yes I'm wrong for wishing such … I fully agree with you T2H and yes I'm wrong for wishing such karma/burden on others but I speak from the heart and if it's the only way that these "people" will learn it's a "punishment" that best fits the crime (if you understand my words).There was more words typed here but I was getting too deep and more off topic.....

Surely not !! oO........................................X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.513
      2. One for the mathmeticians2539
      3. Cat Chat77744
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047177

See more discussions