Expired

Midi moto road legal?

Found 3rd Apr 2013
I've got a 110c midi moto 4 stroke with break lights, indicators and front lights. Apparently it can be road legal I have messaged DVLA and they sent me a load of stuff to do, I'm no expert woth bikes so could you guys please help thanks in advance. Also i already have a full driving licence for a car

Heres the list:
Documentation required to Register Used Vehicles

• V55/5 Application to Register and Tax a used vehicle

• registration fee £55

• fee for vehicle tax (The rates of vehicle tax for all vehicle types are available on the website gov.uk/veh…les

• valid insurance certificate

• valid MOT (if applicable)

• Identity Documents

• evidence of type approval (if applicable see note below)

• dating Evidence from the manufacturer or any documentation relating to the vehicle

• Customs and Excise forms (if applicable)

Documentation confirming your name (all documentation must be originals and not photocopies):

• DVLA driving licence (Photocard or Paper)

• United Kingdom or European Union or foreign passport

• Marriage Certificate

• Decree nisi or absolute

• Birth Certificate

Documentation confirming your address:

• utility bill valid within the last three months i.e. gas, electricity, water, landline telephone

• Bank or Building society statement valid within the last three months

• medical card

• council tax bill for current year

Type Approval

If you have been unable to obtain a CoC for a vehicle, further advice on this can be obtained from the Vehicle Certificate Agency
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I would change your break lights if you want to pass the MOT.
Talis

I would change your break lights if you want to pass the MOT.

will probably do heres the pic of it: also it has electric and kick start

http://i47.tinypic.com/muu0l0.jpg
I think insurance will be the killer here, i doubt you will find anyone to insure a midimoto. Also not sure but dont think these things have VIN/serial numbers so identify docs. Im 99% sure these are NOT road legal, ie "e" stamps and such.

Why not just grow up and buy a "big boys" bike???

crebera

I think insurance will be the killer here, i doubt you will find anyone … I think insurance will be the killer here, i doubt you will find anyone to insure a midimoto. Also not sure but dont think these things have VIN/serial numbers so identify docs. Im 99% sure these are NOT road legal, ie "e" stamps and such.Why not just grow up and buy a "big boys" bike???

Maybe he's a midget?
crebera

I think insurance will be the killer here, i doubt you will find anyone … I think insurance will be the killer here, i doubt you will find anyone to insure a midimoto. Also not sure but dont think these things have VIN/serial numbers so identify docs. Im 99% sure these are NOT road legal, ie "e" stamps and such.Why not just grow up and buy a "big boys" bike???

Hmmm we'll see ill give some company a ring will have a look if they do if not the engine has a make :P and im 100% sure they can be road legal as DVLA would of said so on the email. I even attatched them a picture of the bike

Sorry i prefer being young lol
rocktoons28

Hmmm we'll see ill give some company a ring will have a look if they … Hmmm we'll see ill give some company a ring will have a look if they do if not the engine has a make :P and im 100% sure they can be road legal as DVLA would of said so on the email. I even attatched them a picture of the bike Sorry i prefer being young lol

I really wouldnt trust the DVLA as far as i could throw a midimoto, you probably got some antiquated desk clerk who dosent know what a midimoto is and asumed by the pics its a full size bike. Ive had many a dealing with the dvla and have had the (un)pleasure of dealing with them in registering new vehicles on a v55 on a few occasions. At the local office some of the staff were quite good and others very much not so (didnt have a clue).
Anyway im quite interested to see if you can get this registered, and what the insurance would be on it.
Good luck and keep us posted with the result.
crebera

I really wouldnt trust the DVLA as far as i could throw a midimoto, you … I really wouldnt trust the DVLA as far as i could throw a midimoto, you probably got some antiquated desk clerk who dosent know what a midimoto is and asumed by the pics its a full size bike. Ive had many a dealing with the dvla and have had the (un)pleasure of dealing with them in registering new vehicles on a v55 on a few occasions. At the local office some of the staff were quite good and others very much not so (didnt have a clue).Anyway im quite interested to see if you can get this registered, and what the insurance would be on it.Good luck and keep us posted with the result.

Cheers will let you guys know heres one I found Fully road legal midi: pitbikeclub.co.uk/sho…253
rocktoons28

Cheers will let you guys know heres one I found Fully road legal midi: … Cheers will let you guys know heres one I found Fully road legal midi: http://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82253

As you only have a full car licence you would need to pass a bike test and CBT to use the bike on the road as the car licence only permits you to ride mopeds (up to 50cc). Otherwise you would also have to fit L plates which I cannot see being a fun challenge on one of these while avoiding it catching in the rear wheel and probably would make it look awful afterwards when you consider how nice they do look.

Overall, I think you might just be best selling the midi and going out to buy a full size bike that is road legal.
Edited by: "Astec123" 4th Apr 2013
That stuff from DVLA is just the normal requirements for registering a vehicle.

The killer will be the "certificate of conformity". You may find that you need to follow the route used by kit cars and have it inspected - be aware this gets expensive quickly. Also expect to be stopped regularly by Police even if you do get it registered.

I think Astec123 is right - you'll find it easier/cheaper to go get a proper bike.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants