Miele tumble dryers

Found 27th Mar
Is it worth to spend around £1000 on Miele heat pump tumble dryers? Miele products are known for their quality products but is it worth the investment? Also can someone help navigate me through their range of tumble dryers, it's very confusing with all their letters and numbers. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
How can anyone help you navigate through the range. It's for you, who knows what features you want from a dryer.. Go through them and select the one that suits your needs and budget.
My 12 year old white Knight runs like new and cost £100 so I would say its not worth the extra £900!
chocci1 h, 8 m ago

My 12 year old white Knight runs like new and cost £100 so I would say its …My 12 year old white Knight runs like new and cost £100 so I would say its not worth the extra £900!

over 12yrs of use the same useage on a heat pipe drier you will have spent at least £900
jimhuf5 m ago

over 12yrs of use the same useage on a heat pipe drier you will have spent …over 12yrs of use the same useage on a heat pipe drier you will have spent at least £900

somehow I doubt my tumble dryer would use £75 more in electric per year. It only uses 25p per load and I use it twice a week for 6 months of the year

Plus the noise of a tumble dryer for hours on end (like a heat pump dryer) would do my head in

Mine takes half an hour for a load.
Edited by: "chocci" 27th Mar
Tumble dryers are simple machines. Not worth it.
Washing Machines are more complex and therefore might require the expense.
I have some Miele appliances which are still going strong, but I can't help advise you about tumble dryers.
deleted1915842
I looked earlier in the year and decided they would never pay off . Bosch ones are cheaper if you want a heat pump. I decided one I could schedule and delay start would be one thing to get but the wife doesn’t like it as she doesn’t feel safe with it on in the night
Don't know anything about heat pump dryers, but my vented Whirlpool is a little over 12 years and works as the day I got it. It cost around £120 then.
i think people pay for miele not for the fact that last a while, but also mainly for the fact that they are quality product and the kudos factor, a bit like buying luxury cars.

so go for it if you like expensive stuff that lasts and can afford it. personally, i think a grand is too much to pay for a tumble dryer, although i paid £3k for a fridge some years ago, lol

i wouldn't exactly call buying white goods an investment as you are unlikely to make a profit from it
They are a fantastic product and great quality parts, as energy effiecient as it can be and generally should last you a long time but...... with anything electrical you can not be certain that a £1k machine will outlst a £100 machine I do know of some miele that goes worng in a short amount of time where cheap brands last longer, it can defo be the otherway round too. If you can comfortably afford this machine then do it it is a great item.
mutley11 h, 31 m ago

i think people pay for miele not for the fact that last a while, but also …i think people pay for miele not for the fact that last a while, but also mainly for the fact that they are quality product and the kudos factor, a bit like buying luxury cars.so go for it if you like expensive stuff that lasts and can afford it. personally, i think a grand is too much to pay for a tumble dryer, although i paid £3k for a fridge some years ago, loli wouldn't exactly call buying white goods an investment as you are unlikely to make a profit from it

Thank you for your advice, bad choice of word, I didn't quite mean investment...
We have had a Miele SENSOR condensing dryer for 20 years. It's the sensor technology you are buying. It runs for minutes, not hours.

Look at last months which report which tested dryers (and No, I wont cut and paste it for free)
ccnp8 m ago

We have had a Miele SENSOR condensing dryer for 20 years. It's the sensor …We have had a Miele SENSOR condensing dryer for 20 years. It's the sensor technology you are buying. It runs for minutes, not hours.Look at last months which report which tested dryers (and No, I wont cut and paste it for free)

The op can view the Which report at the library
davewave4 h, 44 m ago

Tumble dryers are simple machines. Not worth it.Washing Machines are more …Tumble dryers are simple machines. Not worth it.Washing Machines are more complex and therefore might require the expense.

Tumble dryers eat energy like ovens, so they require a bit of research. More if you want your house to be intact when you use it.

@labky I have a Miele heat pump (had it about 2 maybe 3 years) and I would thoroughly recommend it.

PLUS - it's VERY economical, dries well and has a huge airy drum (with light for when you are poking around trying to find the last sock).

MINUS - it's a bit noisy, by that I mean, on first use you may think it's not working correctly. You get used to the sound and you will tune yourself to know when it's ready to unload - albeit it will tell you. The biggest downside is that you THINK it's costing a fortune as it takes longer than a normal dryer to dry, but when you get your head around the fact it's much cheaper and is recycling the hot air, then you relax.

The Miele research means the cycles you chose will make a difference to your drying. I don't iron shirts now as my dryer has a setting to make sure they are crease free, this goes for duvet covers/sheets etc. It isn't as efficient at supplying crease-free linen but then what is? I love the 20 minute cycle, which I use as a manual override for the automatic programs which base their temperature and time on the moisture left in the load.

We do have Miele in our kitchen and laundry so I have to admit my bias, but some of our appliances are nearly 19 years old.....buy quality and you won't regret it.

Edit - for your models. Don't worry about the FragranceDos - I can't quite get them to work (they dry out after a few uses but when they do first get inserted, they smell nice). Their T models are for Tumble dryers and the W models for Washing machine. We bought ours from JL (with the washing machine at the same time). We got 10 years on both although I think they do offers every now and again, 2-5 years is the norm, wait for an offer.

This is the one we have, miele.co.uk/dom…Eco unless you need steamed shirts then you can get a model without the steam smoothing and save some money.
Edited by: "windym" 27th Mar
windym7 m ago

Tumble dryers eat energy like ovens, so they require a bit of research. …Tumble dryers eat energy like ovens, so they require a bit of research. More if you want your house to be intact when you use it.@labky I have a Miele heat pump (had it about 2 maybe 3 years) and I would thoroughly recommend it.PLUS - it's VERY economical, dries well and has a huge airy drum (with light for when you are poking around trying to find the last sock).MINUS - it's a bit noisy, by that I mean, on first use you may think it's not working correctly. You get used to the sound and you will tune yourself to know when it's ready to unload - albeit it will tell you. The biggest downside is that you THINK it's costing a fortune as it takes longer than a normal dryer to dry, but when you get your head around the fact it's much cheaper and is recycling the hot air, then you relax.The Miele research means the cycles you chose will make a difference to your drying. I don't iron shirts now as my dryer has a setting to make sure they are crease free, this goes for duvet covers/sheets etc. It isn't as efficient at supplying crease-free linen but then what is? I love the 20 minute cycle, which I use as a manual override for the automatic programs which base their temperature and time on the moisture left in the load. We do have Miele in our kitchen and laundry so I have to admit my bias, but some of our appliances are nearly 19 years old.....buy quality and you won't regret it.Edit - for your models. Don't worry about the FragranceDos - I can't quite get them to work (they dry out after a few uses but when they do first get inserted, they smell nice). Their T models are for Tumble dryers and the W models for Washing machine. We bought ours from JL (with the washing machine at the same time). We got 10 years on both although I think they do offers every now and again, 2-5 years is the norm, wait for an offer.

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate your help.
windym12 m ago

Tumble dryers eat energy like ovens, so they require a bit of research. …Tumble dryers eat energy like ovens, so they require a bit of research. More if you want your house to be intact when you use it.@labky I have a Miele heat pump (had it about 2 maybe 3 years) and I would thoroughly recommend it.PLUS - it's VERY economical, dries well and has a huge airy drum (with light for when you are poking around trying to find the last sock).MINUS - it's a bit noisy, by that I mean, on first use you may think it's not working correctly. You get used to the sound and you will tune yourself to know when it's ready to unload - albeit it will tell you. The biggest downside is that you THINK it's costing a fortune as it takes longer than a normal dryer to dry, but when you get your head around the fact it's much cheaper and is recycling the hot air, then you relax.The Miele research means the cycles you chose will make a difference to your drying. I don't iron shirts now as my dryer has a setting to make sure they are crease free, this goes for duvet covers/sheets etc. It isn't as efficient at supplying crease-free linen but then what is? I love the 20 minute cycle, which I use as a manual override for the automatic programs which base their temperature and time on the moisture left in the load. We do have Miele in our kitchen and laundry so I have to admit my bias, but some of our appliances are nearly 19 years old.....buy quality and you won't regret it.Edit - for your models. Don't worry about the FragranceDos - I can't quite get them to work (they dry out after a few uses but when they do first get inserted, they smell nice). Their T models are for Tumble dryers and the W models for Washing machine. We bought ours from JL (with the washing machine at the same time). We got 10 years on both although I think they do offers every now and again, 2-5 years is the norm, wait for an offer.This is the one we have, https://www.miele.co.uk/domestic/tumble-dryers-1575.htm?mat=10273700&name=TKG840_WP_SFinish&Eco unless you need steamed shirts then you can get a model without the steam smoothing and save some money.

I have my eye on Miele TCE520WP which they currently offer £200 cashback. What would you say about this one?
I've had a Bosch for 10 yrs, never broken used a lot! Didn't cost much, wouldn't worry about brands tbh, tumble dryers just don't break very often.
Edited by: "davewave" 27th Mar
labky15 m ago

I have my eye on Miele TCE520WP which they currently offer £200 cashback. …I have my eye on Miele TCE520WP which they currently offer £200 cashback. What would you say about this one?

Cashback sounds good. Check google and pricespy for the cheapest offer on the model, then factor in cashback (quidco/topcashback) and customer services (Ao versus JL for example) finally thrown
in the Miele cashback in the equation and you have your answer! Good luck in what you chose.
Edited by: "windym" 27th Mar
I’d highly recommend a Miele we have the tumble, washing machine and dishwasher. Have been great from the word go, apart from the tumble where the light would keep popping so a replacement was needed. Had an engineer come out check it over and tighten it up, it hasn’t gone since.
For cost on daily usage I wouldn’t really know how much it costs me. But I can’t put a negative comment on any of the products that we have that are Miele.
So if you are going to buy one like others have said keep an eye on cash back offers. Not only on the sellers website but Mieles to, I got £150 back from Miele and £100 back from ao when they have offers that over lapped. But find the model you want and google it for the best price. I think there is also marks electricals that had a cheap price but with the cash back from ao it worked out better.
Hope this helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants