mifi router and WiFi extender

Found 10th Nov 2017Edited by:"Predikuesi"
We are getting ready to move after selling our house, but moving into rented accommodation until we find a house we like. Our internet will be through a mifi router. Is there any reason why a WiFi extender won’t work to extend the signal? Or is there a better option
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I don't know how far you want the signal to travel but we use a mifi and it can be being used by someone downstairs and I can get the signal upstairs in the bedroom.

Don't WiFi extenders have to be plugged into the modem? So that wouldn't work.
r4rcm1 h, 16 m ago

I don't know how far you want the signal to travel but we use a mifi and …I don't know how far you want the signal to travel but we use a mifi and it can be being used by someone downstairs and I can get the signal upstairs in the bedroom.Don't WiFi extenders have to be plugged into the modem? So that wouldn't work.

There would be no point in them if they were plugged into the modem. They are plugged anywhere you want them at a distance from the modem. Are you thinking of the Homeplug Ethernet extender?

I found a Belkin WiFi extender, that I must have bought a few years ago, and it does work with the mifi, so all good if I need it
I don't know anything about "extenders" I was just giving you my experience of using my mifi and it's range.

I had a good deal with a data sim only from EE. No contract, £15 pm for 32Gb. Changed it to £9 pm for 20gb plus a Huawei mifi. Both found on this site. Might be worth asking.
A wi-fi extender is a relay station that's optimally placed mid-way between the original source and the area you're having trouble in. Placing it next to the router won't result in any extention of range, placing it next to the device in trouble and it won't be able to communicate with the router any better than the device.

It should work fine with a mi-fi, although you may want to consider a normal 3G/4G router instead of a portable one like a mi-fi as the latter can be lower power/smaller aerials.
I have mifi with 3network I pay £30a month for 100gb, I get 4g at home I can also watch programs like Netflix without it affecting my gb download as I have what they call go binge, I to was wondering if an extender would work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants