Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 11 December 2014

MiGenie (eBay) shut down??

So it appears that Mi Genie have either been shut down or gone out of business as they have no items left for sale..

Anyone waiting on anything ordered from them??
Community Updates
New Comment

326 Comments

sorted by

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

It did seem strange that most of the items they haf sold on ebay were clothes and then itheyvstarted having so many cheap high value electronic items. could somebody flag this to admin to put a hold on any deals they have on the site?
    (edited)
    Hmmm looks like they have sold thousands of items in the past week many high value items like ipads, iphones, PS4's etc etc and then everything just stops. I was nearly tempted to buy an iphone 6 yesterday off them but something just put me off and I bought elsewhere, although if there is a problem paypal / ebay will sort buyers out...not suggesting for 1 minute there is any problem it is just a little weird.
    to be honest this theory was mentioned loads of times .... not really a surprise
    Sounds like their ebay was hacked
    i bought 2 iPhones there on the 6th of december. Hoping they arrive. they sold 1,200 of them which seems crazy to me. hopefully not a scam?
    Author
    If this was a plot to spoil Christmas for people then it hasn't affected since I won't be celebrating it!
    it seems items went off sale at 20.58 last night
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/migenie/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I have to say I was very skeptical about these guys after being intrigued by a deal here
    £499 for an iPhone six plus which is a huge saving on £619 RRP before they've even paid the fees
    however I did a search on feedbackselector.com and it seemed many had received these items. the only thing that didn't 100% check out was the fact that the contact person and the email address referred to 2 different people, however there could be a completely legitimate reason for this.
    after this I was satisfied and would've happily ordered a high ticket item from them if I was after something, which is why I didn't want to raise unnecessary concerns. plus paypal will protect buyers.
    there's always the risk a company will build good feedback then fleece buyers however they had huge feedback scores and checked out, unlike the company I saw last year with ~800 feedback and lots of cheap Xbox Ones which set alarm bells ringing from the beginning
    having looked into it a little bit more just now, it seems they are predominantly a jumper company (website, old feedback). perhaps they overtraded, underestimated stock or had some other difficulties. apparently they use grey imports. perhaps they offered prices this low because of a VAT swindle and it's just caught up with them?
    for anyone that has spent money with them, i'd contact eBay and paypal, take down as many details about the people as possible, and keep an eye out on google for threads elsewhere
    i really hope there's a genuine reason and they you all get what you ordered. if will be horrible for so many people if this goes belly up. good luck everyone.
    Author
    0161 205 6542

Anyone have a few minutes to call them??
    tried to call them numerous times to cancel my xbox purchase - just rings out

Dont think its hacked as they would surely of noticed so many iphones on their account. Search on company name shows a new director took over 6 months ago.
    (edited)
    i was cautious myself when placing the purchase but the positive feedback was strong. I also emailed them several times and they did respond. I was making sure they were legit as there is counterfeit iPhones such as the GooPhone which is identical but they reiterated me that the phones have EU Spec.
    Author
    eoghan

i was cautious myself when placing the purchase but the positive feedback … i was cautious myself when placing the purchase but the positive feedback was strong. I also emailed them several times and they did respond. I was making sure they were legit as there is counterfeit iPhones such as the GooPhone which is identical but they reiterated me that the phones have EU Spec.

What's your estimated delivery date?

They never responded to me when I asked for a tracking number for my dispatched order..
    (edited)
    Plenty of information on Mi Genie if you go looking:
    http://companycheck.co.uk/director/909994434
    http://www.endole.co.uk/company/08072562/mi-genie-ltd

Picture of the 'office' (registered)
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.5067645,-2.2280498,3a,75y,53.17h,98.45t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sCB8UZfmy5GnnHzMKqX8o3A!2e0

(edited)
    muzzzzzzzzzy

What's your estimated delivery date?They never responded to me when I … What's your estimated delivery date?They never responded to me when I asked for a tracking number for my dispatched order..

11th - 16th .... so to be here by next tuesday. I noticed there wasn't any postage details which again, furthered my suspicion. Im not getting a good feeling from this order at all.

Also, I looked at their Facebook page which has been inactive since this time last year and again was all clothing selling but they also seemed to run a competition which gave away an iPad so they have had tech stock before so it seems
    Author
    15-17 here, I don't think i'll be getting it..
    spoke to ebay they pointed me to paypal. Paypal opened a case immediately as they are concerned the shop is now empty. Still wont get money back for at least a week! Off to buy my 3rd xbox this week after this lot and asda.....
    muzzzzzzzzzy

What's your estimated delivery date?They never responded to me when I … What's your estimated delivery date?They never responded to me when I asked for a tracking number for my dispatched order..

Had exactly the same. Responded before dispatch, ever since it was dispatched has been silent. Will get money back off ebay and buy elsewhere. waste of time
    cheeky_chops

spoke to ebay they pointed me to paypal. Paypal opened a case immediately … spoke to ebay they pointed me to paypal. Paypal opened a case immediately as they are concerned the shop is now empty. Still wont get money back for at least a week! Off to buy my 3rd xbox this week after this lot and asda.....

Are you just asking for a refund immediately on the assumption it isn't legit? ... I am still hoping i get my order as it turned out much cheaper.
    They sold 1,200 gold iPhone 5s 16gb before they stopped selling. Buying 1,200 iPhones in bulk would surely merit a huge discount from the manufacturer. Bare in mind thats just that phone, less the other colours plus iPhone 6's
    muzzzzzzzzzy

15-17 here, I don't think i'll be getting it..

If you go onto your 'Purchase History' and go to the phone you purchased, you should see 4 icons under you order total. Scroll the mouse over each icon. The first one is 'Paid on' and the second is 'Dispatched on' ..... mine was already dispatched on the 9th so hopefully its on the way
    eoghan

Are you just asking for a refund immediately on the assumption it isn't … Are you just asking for a refund immediately on the assumption it isn't legit? ... I am still hoping i get my order as it turned out much cheaper.They sold 1,200 gold iPhone 5s 16gb before they stopped selling. Buying 1,200 iPhones in bulk would surely merit a huge discount from the manufacturer. Bare in mind thats just that phone, less the other colours plus iPhone 6's

Not sure if Apple will sell to jumper retailers who operate eBay stores
    1,200 isn't many, and not enough to warrant huge discounts when the product is so in demand at RRP, they can't keep up with it
    DennisG

Not sure if Apple will sell to jumper retailers who operate eBay … Not sure if Apple will sell to jumper retailers who operate eBay stores1,200 isn't many, and not enough to warrant huge discounts when the product is so in demand at RRP, they can't keep up with it

Not sure what action to take to be honest! It all seems a bit off anyway.
    Author
    "Thief. Object ever received. No tracking num . Ongoing dispute, complaint Gendarm"

Translated feedback on an iphone from a French guy
    first thing that can be done is get paypal to freeze their funds - something they would look into if they have lots of complaints and other potential fraud triggers - and it seems this has happened to some degree.
    you can't contact other buyers any more which is a shame, as you could've all co-ordinated a complaint to paypal, eBay, police and action fraud
    you could write an official letter to the directors, secretaries and anyone else at their trading and registered addresses threatening legal action (however you may want to wait a few days)
    there really isn't much right now but hopefully paypal has it covered
    I ordered a PS4 last week. £319.99. States delivered between today and Tuesday. The link states they sold 112 and had more that 10 available before they stopped. I have to say I am not holding much hope of getting the item. It says dispatched on 9th and I got positive feedback. Thank god I used paypal.
    went to the latest 200 negatives, searched for iPhones. not raising too many alarms, however a large number of transactions have been too recent to justify feedback either way

Voleur. Objet jamais reçu. Pas de num de suivi. Litige en cours, plainte gendarm

Very bad seller! Cheater! NOT RECOMENDED

Poor communication, contacted seller to inform them of wrong item

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE THE PARCEL COMPANY THEY USE IS APC. CHECK GOOGLE REVIEWS!!!!

Faulty item seller not interested

The transaction is a nightmare. Ebay, please help recover my money from MiGinie (from buyer with 1 positive score)

You wonder why they took their items down? maybe they just decided to scam people and decided to shut down altogether but thats a scam at the highest level. Both eBay and PayPal have money back guarantees in that situation i am sure.
    I did see that earlier thanks. I need the money back to be able to buy it again. EBay and paypal wont let me open a dispute as it hasn't gone past their estimated delivery date. That will be 16th, then paypal will hold the funds like the normally do for a refund. looking like I won't get the money back before Xmas and will have a very sad child.
    Browned off! Got in touch with Paypal who referred me to eBay who have raised a dispute. Have to wait till 20th before they can do anything. Seems crazy. They should be freezing his account before he disappears with a bag load of cash.
    1984emmaking

I did see that earlier thanks. I need the money back to be able to buy it … I did see that earlier thanks. I need the money back to be able to buy it again. EBay and paypal wont let me open a dispute as it hasn't gone past their estimated delivery date. That will be 16th, then paypal will hold the funds like the normally do for a refund. looking like I won't get the money back before Xmas and will have a very sad child.

Go to an eBay chat window and tell them your story. They can raise a dispute on your behalf. Still stuck waiting 8 days after than before anything happens.
    It seems more and more people are looking up about this guy and have found this thread as a result. Think we may have come to a conclusion it is indeed a scam. Disaster !!
    looks like its a scam.
    eoghan

Are you just asking for a refund immediately on the assumption it isn't … Are you just asking for a refund immediately on the assumption it isn't legit? ...

No I wanted a refund to buy the "shopto" deal as £25 less (i have no need for a load of cert 18 games for my lads)

Feel for people who have saved up and xmas will be a let down :-(
    I have just been chatting with ebay via online chat. They have told me I have to wait until the estimated delivery date then I can open a dispute. They said I am protected by their buyer protection thing so will get my money back. Tho they couldn't say how long it would take.
    I provided them with the link for this thread but I don't think they read it.
    ive ordered 2 items from them totalling 20 ish, will wait and see if they arrive....
    1984emmaking

I provided them with the link for this thread but I don't think they read … I provided them with the link for this thread but I don't think they read it.

At the moment there is no proof, just a few people 2+2=4....

But, no comms, the shop empty and they have sold a shed load (2000+) of high value phones and consoles in last few weeks. Half a dozen positive feedback on a few phones means nothing. "Honey trap" springs to mind :-(
    (edited)
    cheeky_chops

At the moment there is no proof, just a few people 2+2=4....But, no … At the moment there is no proof, just a few people 2+2=4....But, no comms, the shop empty and they have sold a shed load (2000+) of high value phones and consoles in last few weeks. Half a dozen positive feedback on a few phones means nothing. "Honey trap" springs to mind :-(

I just thought they might want to read it so they can see other people have purchased as well.
    Suppose its a waiting game now.........
    I haven't tried ringing MiGenie. Have people had any success?
    Iv ordered xmas jumpers. Not received them yet.
    eoghan

I haven't tried ringing MiGenie. Have people had any success?

I tried numerous times but never got an answer. It have also emailed them but again no answer.
    I hope everyone who has ordered gets sorted out soon so they can re buy before xmas if needed.

I had a similar incident with a seller on Ebay a couple of months ago, not this scale but similar. I contacted both Ebay and Paypal by phone the next day as I realised after ordering an a couple of email exchanges that this was going to be scam. Although the seller said he would send straight away he had 14 days dispatch on his listing and Ebay and Paypal refused to do anything until the date had passed for delivery which was almost 3 weeks away even though I had emails from the seller saying he would dispatch immediately. Anyway long story short it took about 5 weeks to get a refund, they said all along that I would get a refund if if if but wouldn't actually do anything.

3 weeks later this guys Ebay account is "no longer registered" after he sold a shed load of consoles.

If this is a similar scam the seller could get away with a cool million and be long gone out of the country before any investigations are even started, Ebay / Paypal won't be losing a million though will they as they just factor this in to the next round of fee risers and other scams they have themselves like charging sellers fees on postage payments.
    konimitsu

I hope everyone who has ordered gets sorted out soon so they can re buy … I hope everyone who has ordered gets sorted out soon so they can re buy before xmas if needed.I had a similar incident with a seller on Ebay a couple of months ago, not this scale but similar. I contacted both Ebay and Paypal by phone the next day as I realised after ordering an a couple of email exchanges that this was going to be scam. Although the seller said he would send straight away he had 14 days dispatch on his listing and Ebay and Paypal refused to do anything until the date had passed for delivery which was almost 3 weeks away even though I had emails from the seller saying he would dispatch immediately. Anyway long story short it took about 5 weeks to get a refund, they said all along that I would get a refund if if if but wouldn't actually do anything.3 weeks later this guys Ebay account is "no longer registered" after he sold a shed load of consoles.If this is a similar scam the seller could get away with a cool million and be long gone out of the country before any investigations are even started, Ebay / Paypal won't be losing a million though will they as they just factor this in to the next round of fee risers and other scams they have themselves like charging sellers fees on postage payments.

I dont understand though, the company is registered and company details can be found online. Unless someone is pretending to represent their company which i doubt very much seeing all the feedback on eBay.
    They filed financial accounts in September despite their Facebook page being abandoned. Hard to piece all of this together to be honest.