Found 11th Mar 2010
Did i just suffer my first migraine?

Symptoms started off with a weird blur/halo (Like i had been staring at a light for a while.) effect in my left eye, followed by the worst headache on the right side of my head and feeling nauseous.

Was the most unpleasant hour of my life ive had in a while.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

No, you had the runs.....:roll:

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;8080436

No, you had the runs.....:roll:

You not got sum Liverpool fans you should be laughing at?

yes sounds like it. I suffer from these - thankfully not frequently. You need to get yourself checked out by your doc Jay. They will give u medication for any further migraines that might happen

[COLOR="Red"]Migraine skank?

lol wut?[/COLOR]

could be a sign of worse to come-if it only lasted an hour it wasnt a proper migraine but the symptoms sound like it.

suffered migraines for years,at the first twinge behind my eye I have to take extra strength painkillers and lie in total darkness for hours to get rid of it-the slightest sound makes it worse.

hope it isnt a sign of you starting to suffer migraines-its very unpleasant

Original Poster

barky;8080473

could be a sign of worse to come-if it only lasted an hour it wasnt a … could be a sign of worse to come-if it only lasted an hour it wasnt a proper migraine but the symptoms sound like it.suffered migraines for years,at the first twinge behind my eye I have to take extra strength painkillers and lie in total darkness for hours to get rid of it-the slightest sound makes it worse.hope it isnt a sign of you starting to suffer migraines-its very unpleasant

I was doing sum weight training, then started having sum weird blur effect in my left eye for about half an hour. Stopped training then was hit by the worst headache i have ever had. Lasted maybe 2 hours or so.

barky;8080473

could be a sign of worse to come-if it only lasted an hour it wasnt a … could be a sign of worse to come-if it only lasted an hour it wasnt a proper migraine but the symptoms sound like it.suffered migraines for years,at the first twinge behind my eye I have to take extra strength painkillers and lie in total darkness for hours to get rid of it-the slightest sound makes it worse.hope it isnt a sign of you starting to suffer migraines-its very unpleasant

I get Migraleve Barky - pink to take minute I feel one happening then the yellow when it really starts. I thankfully only get one now every couple of months

i get the same symptons,zig zag flashing lights,sort of lose my sight & pins & needles in my hands, the 1st time i had one, i seriously thought i was having a brain tumor :oops:, never been so scared in my life. I dont get them that often & cant really pin it down to what causes them, short list is either cheese, chocolate (sudden binge of it), or not eating at the proper times.

I try & work through them as i have found it almost stops the headache from hell starting !

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;8080466

What you have had is an ocular migraine … What you have had is an ocular migraine http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

Sounds pretty familiar to what i just experienced.

barky;8080473

^----- this. I get migraines. Never had them before I went on the pill, then got them like clockwork. Still get them now after 10+ years off the pill. Obviously I blame the pill!!! I get blinding headaches. I mean blinding. I get so I really can't see, or at least daren't open my eyes for the pain it will cause. My mum used to think it was meningitis, with the light aversion thingy - but it's not. I have to be very still, in the dark and it will ease. Sometimes just moving makes it worse. I don't know what brings them on now though. Still trying to find a trigger!

Original Poster

richp;8080525

i get the same symptons,zig zag flashing lights,sort of lose my sight & … i get the same symptons,zig zag flashing lights,sort of lose my sight & pins & needles in my hands, the 1st time i had one, i seriously thought i was having a brain tumor :oops:, never been so scared in my life. I dont get them that often & cant really pin it down to what causes them, short list is either cheese, chocolate (sudden binge of it), or not eating at the proper times.I try & work through them as i have found it almost stops the headache from hell starting !

It did get the heart racing i can tell you. Not a pleasant experience.

Original Poster

Penny Saver;8080534

^----- this. I get migraines. Never had them before I went on the pill, … ^----- this. I get migraines. Never had them before I went on the pill, then got them like clockwork. Still get them now after 10+ years off the pill. Obviously I blame the pill!!! I get blinding headaches. I mean blinding. I get so I really can't see, or at least daren't open my eyes for the pain it will cause. My mum used to think it was meningitis, with the light aversion thingy - but it's not. I have to be very still, in the dark and it will ease. Sometimes just moving makes it worse. I don't know what brings them on now though. Still trying to find a trigger!

Im wondering if lifting heavy weights maybe caused a rush of blood to the my head, triggering it.

Awwww..hope you get better..and yeah .go the Docs....

Penny Saver;8080534

^----- this. I get migraines. Never had them before I went on the pill, … ^----- this. I get migraines. Never had them before I went on the pill, then got them like clockwork. Still get them now after 10+ years off the pill. Obviously I blame the pill!!! I get blinding headaches. I mean blinding. I get so I really can't see, or at least daren't open my eyes for the pain it will cause. My mum used to think it was meningitis, with the light aversion thingy - but it's not. I have to be very still, in the dark and it will ease. Sometimes just moving makes it worse. I don't know what brings them on now though. Still trying to find a trigger!

yup sounds like me the vision splits then the pain hits. Dark room not moving and lots of painkillers seams to be the only thing that works

Mine are hormone basesd

jennybubbles;8080591

yup sounds like me the vision splits then the pain hits. Dark room not … yup sounds like me the vision splits then the pain hits. Dark room not moving and lots of painkillers seams to be the only thing that worksMine are hormone basesd

Do you mean monthly? I've got to start keeping a calendar!

Penny Saver;8080602

Do you mean monthly? I've got to start keeping a calendar!

might be worth your while I had my first migraine whe I hit puberty and they have been fairly constant since. THey became less frequent when I was on the pill and returned when I came off it. Much less frequesnt now (bout the only plus point of PCOS!! )

Hey hon,

I get migraines, but have also had what are called 'exertion headaches' which I think this sounds to be. You should still see a doctor because I had to get checked out in case it was vascular just in case, but was just told to listen to my body and not 'push past the pain' which is what I used to do.

Check these sites out and see if it sounds a little bit more like what you experienced...

buzzle.com/art…tml

headaches.org/pre…art

Hope you get sorted but don't be shy of going to the doctor - even if it's just for peace of mind, or you'll end up getting stress headaches too!

Take care x

Original Poster

whiterabbit;8081427

Hey hon,I get migraines, but have also had what are called 'exertion … Hey hon,I get migraines, but have also had what are called 'exertion headaches' which I think this sounds to be. You should still see a doctor because I had to get checked out in case it was vascular just in case, but was just told to listen to my body and not 'push past the pain' which is what I used to do.Check these sites out and see if it sounds a little bit more like what you experienced...http://www.buzzle.com/articles/exertion-headache-remedies-4ways-to-reduce-headache-pain.htmlhttp://www.headaches.org/press/NHF_Press_Kits/Press_Kits_-_The_Complete_Headache_Chart Hope you get sorted but don't be shy of going to the doctor - even if it's just for peace of mind, or you'll end up getting stress headaches too! ;)Take care x

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is this junction box wired properly??610
    2. Whey protien45
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    4. Foo fighters presale code.1110

See more discussions