Migrate flixster movies to Google play

Posted 19th Nov
Flixster is closing down. I have just received a reminder email to migrate my movies to Google play. It's great for me , I never watched them on flixster and will unlikely watch them on Google but might as well migrate them
Not exactly a deal but a heads up so you can keep your movies if you ever had them on flixster.

flixstervideo.com/col…te)
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

15 Comments
I’ve done it. It does have an additional benefit in that some of the Flixster movies can’t be cast to a chrome cast or fire stick but all the ones on google play can be.
Edited by: "tosh42" 19th Nov
I've had constant problems with this error. I have over 100 movies to migrate and can't do any at the moment.

I've raised several support tickets and they assure me that it will be ok... I'm not sure tbh

39037256-MpfOt.jpg
Dealmessiah20/11/2019 06:33

I've had constant problems with this error. I have over 100 movies to …I've had constant problems with this error. I have over 100 movies to migrate and can't do any at the moment.I've raised several support tickets and they assure me that it will be ok... I'm not sure tbh[Image]

It looks like you are trying to do it via the Flixster app, have you tried logging on to Flixster Video via an Internet Browser ?
Dealmessiah20/11/2019 06:33

I've had constant problems with this error. I have over 100 movies to …I've had constant problems with this error. I have over 100 movies to migrate and can't do any at the moment.I've raised several support tickets and they assure me that it will be ok... I'm not sure tbh[Image]

Also if you go to this address can you see your movies ?
flixstervideo.com/col…on/
dazmaster20/11/2019 07:14

Also if you go to this address can you see your movies …Also if you go to this address can you see your movies ?https://www.flixstervideo.com/collection/

Nope. It was from a mobile browser.

This is what I get from a desktop browser...
39038886-alXYZ.jpg
Dealmessiah20/11/2019 10:12

Nope. It was from a mobile browser.This is what I get from a desktop …Nope. It was from a mobile browser.This is what I get from a desktop browser...[Image]

If you click on Play My Collection are there any titles listed on that tab ?
dazmaster20/11/2019 10:14

If you click on Play My Collection are there any titles listed on that tab …If you click on Play My Collection are there any titles listed on that tab ?

No, 'fraid not.
Dealmessiah20/11/2019 10:19

No, 'fraid not.

In my opinion one of two things may of happened, either:

a) The wrong email address is being used to login Flixster with i.e you have 2 different accounts

Or more likely

b) Your Flixster account became disconnected from your Ultra Violet Account before UV shut down.

Unfortunately Flixster (Warner’s) are you only chance of getting it resolved. I know with my 4 tickets I currently have open that they are a nightmare to deal with and wish you luck in getting it resolved..
dazmaster20/11/2019 10:30

In my opinion one of two things may of happened, either:a) The wrong email …In my opinion one of two things may of happened, either:a) The wrong email address is being used to login Flixster with i.e you have 2 different accountsOr more likelyb) Your Flixster account became disconnected from your Ultra Violet Account before UV shut down.Unfortunately Flixster (Warner’s) are you only chance of getting it resolved. I know with my 4 tickets I currently have open that they are a nightmare to deal with and wish you luck in getting it resolved..

Cheers.

My account still definitely shows it being linked to my UV account.

I have 2 tickets open with Warner and am still waiting/pursuing...
Dealmessiah20/11/2019 10:32

Cheers.My account still definitely shows it being linked to my UV …Cheers.My account still definitely shows it being linked to my UV account.I have 2 tickets open with Warner and am still waiting/pursuing...

Good Luck, I really hope you get it resolved. I’ve given up hope on my issues getting resolved but it doesn’t stop me from chasing them..
You can also watch them through you tube which is handy for when your away from home since most devices now have you tube. Yesterday when I got my reminder (I’d already done it) but there was a few didn’t work last month that are now working like the remainder of breaking bad.
Think I migrated mine using the wesite through my tablet - was easier that using the desktop version.
i still have my mission impossible collection but this isnt available to migrate , might have got it through some free deal through HUKD
dazmaster20/11/2019 10:35

Good Luck, I really hope you get it resolved. I’ve given up hope on my i …Good Luck, I really hope you get it resolved. I’ve given up hope on my issues getting resolved but it doesn’t stop me from chasing them..

Cheers. I'm still chasing them...
I've migrated titles, it initially showed Fringe series 4 & 5 wasn't available to migrate but they have now fixed that problem and I have migrated both of these. (the only title that I have now that didn't migrate was one that wasnt available on Google Play)

Also with some film studios you can now redeem UV codes direct at Google Play now (Generally I have found from the ones I have tried that Sony UV codes redeem (even if the expiry date has passed), certain Universal codes redeem (older ones may come up as expired (nbcucodes.com/ gives a list of when codes have expired or will expire)), 20th Century FOX redeem as long as its not a old title, Warner Bros codes have redeemed and Lionsgate codes don't redeem if past their expiry date).
Edited by: "thomas58" 21st Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions