miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) and now also BurntEffigy's Tuesday night pub quiz! (with a Friday morning quiz thrown in this week!)

Found 2nd Aug 2016Edited by:"miikeyblue"
Welcome, all, to the all new Tuesday night pub quiz!

Grab yourselves a beer and a bag of crisps from our resident bar wenches summerof76 & MSK, this weeks quiz will commence shortly!

Couple of rules of course:

1. Turn your mobiles off and put them face down on the table - no googling here please, nor texting your dad! And no peeking at anyone else's answers. As my very own dad used to say, cheaters only cheat themselves!

2. In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker question will be offered on Wednesday evening, don't turn up for that and you completely forfeit your spot at the top!

3. Papers will be marked on Wednesday's, and the leaderboard updated Wednesday evening. Send me them by PM please, keep them to yourselves!

And that's it. Eyes down... here come this weeks questions.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
1. In which former Soviet republic was singer Katie Melua born?

2. Which European city was the main setting for Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure"?

3. Who is the only player to have won all four tennis grand prix mens singles in one season twice?

4. In which year was the website google.com first registered?

5. What songs with "Eyes" in the title were UK top five hits for the following artists,[a] Go West (1985), [b] The Platters (1959), [c] Just Jack (2007), [d] David Soul (1977) and [e] Dusty Springfield (1968)?

6. What was the name of the music hall and movie character created by actor Arthur Lucan?

7. How many gallons of beer are contained in a traditional beer barrel?

8. In which city was the the term Ghetto originally used?

9. Who was the German chancellor at the time of the Unification of Germany in 1990?

10. In which fields are the following awarded, [a] Fields Medal, [b] Carl Alan Awards, [c] Livingstone Medal and [d] Hugo Award?

11. Known as "The King of Swing", what instrument was played by band leader Benny Goodman?

12. On which horses did jockey Leighton Aspell win both the 2014 and 2015 Grand Nationals?

13. For which movie did Julianne Moore receive the Best Actress Oscar in February 2015?

14. Now part of an UNESCO World Heritage site, which English King was responsible for the building of Caernarfon and
Conwy castles in North Wales?

15. What are the names of the four time zones used in the continental United States?

16. With over 44,000 outlets in 111 different countries, which fast food chain is the largest restaurant operator in the world?

17. With zero representing a completely clear sky and eight the sky completely cloudy, what unit is used to describe cloud cover in metrology?

18. The locks at Miraflores and Gatun lake are on which canal?

19. Which five British monarchs were Emperor or Empress of India?

20. Selling over a million copies on it's first day of release, which album by the Backstreet Boys was the highest selling in the USA in 1999?
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 2nd Aug 2016
'beer and a bag of crisps from our resident bar wenches summerof76 & MSK'
pics or you are lying
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-la5ickFxPrs/V17eSW1aLnI/AAAAAAAAoBc/giM1222lW70t6shQMmp8NbzP0FovCQXhwCLcB/s1600/SoulardOktoberfest.jpg
thewongwing101

'beer and a bag of crisps from our resident bar wenches summerof76 & … 'beer and a bag of crisps from our resident bar wenches summerof76 & MSK'pics or you are lying

I'm not in that picture as I don't have big jugs X)
without googling, I have no chance.
8408 Comments
1. In which former Soviet republic was singer Katie Melua born?

2. Which European city was the main setting for Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure"?

3. Who is the only player to have won all four tennis grand prix mens singles in one season twice?

4. In which year was the website google.com first registered?

5. What songs with "Eyes" in the title were UK top five hits for the following artists,[a] Go West (1985), [b] The Platters (1959), [c] Just Jack (2007), [d] David Soul (1977) and [e] Dusty Springfield (1968)?

6. What was the name of the music hall and movie character created by actor Arthur Lucan?

7. How many gallons of beer are contained in a traditional beer barrel?

8. In which city was the the term Ghetto originally used?

9. Who was the German chancellor at the time of the Unification of Germany in 1990?

10. In which fields are the following awarded, [a] Fields Medal, [b] Carl Alan Awards, [c] Livingstone Medal and [d] Hugo Award?

11. Known as "The King of Swing", what instrument was played by band leader Benny Goodman?

12. On which horses did jockey Leighton Aspell win both the 2014 and 2015 Grand Nationals?

13. For which movie did Julianne Moore receive the Best Actress Oscar in February 2015?

14. Now part of an UNESCO World Heritage site, which English King was responsible for the building of Caernarfon and
Conwy castles in North Wales?

15. What are the names of the four time zones used in the continental United States?

16. With over 44,000 outlets in 111 different countries, which fast food chain is the largest restaurant operator in the world?

17. With zero representing a completely clear sky and eight the sky completely cloudy, what unit is used to describe cloud cover in metrology?

18. The locks at Miraflores and Gatun lake are on which canal?

19. Which five British monarchs were Emperor or Empress of India?

20. Selling over a million copies on it's first day of release, which album by the Backstreet Boys was the highest selling in the USA in 1999?
Is there a music round
Leaderboard:

1. Wongy
2. Shabbird

Edited by: "miikeyblue" 3rd Aug 2016
archer1204

Is there a music round

Not this week, maybe next now kindly delete your comment, I wanted that space
archer1204

Is there a music round

If there is...I'm in

...ok I'm already in ish just need to read all of the questions X)
'beer and a bag of crisps from our resident bar wenches summerof76 & MSK'
pics or you are lying
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-la5ickFxPrs/V17eSW1aLnI/AAAAAAAAoBc/giM1222lW70t6shQMmp8NbzP0FovCQXhwCLcB/s1600/SoulardOktoberfest.jpg
thewongwing101

'beer and a bag of crisps from our resident bar wenches summerof76 & … 'beer and a bag of crisps from our resident bar wenches summerof76 & MSK'pics or you are lying

I'm not in that picture as I don't have big jugs X)
summerof76

I'm not in that picture as I don't have big jugs :(X)

X)
shabbird

Me either

Just guess... loser gets a special mention on the leaderboard!
1. Who?
2. Pass
3. No idea
4. Haven't a clue
6. Again, who?
7. Pass
8. Lol
9. Nope
10. Got nothing
11. Pass
12. Pass
13. Hhhmmmm.... Nope
14. Pass
15. Pass
16. Pass
17. I don't like this quiz
18. Pass
19. Pass
20. Pass

What do I win?
Aiden1512

1. Who? 2. Pass3. No idea4. Haven't a clue5. :/6. Again, who? 7. Pass8. … 1. Who? 2. Pass3. No idea4. Haven't a clue5. :/6. Again, who? 7. Pass8. Lol9. Nope10. Got nothing11. Pass12. Pass13. Hhhmmmm.... Nope 14. Pass15. Pass16. Pass17. I don't like this quiz18. Pass19. Pass20. PassWhat do I win?

So far, you're in the lead... but I did say answers by PM - careful, someone might copy those!
Aiden1512

1. Who? 2. Pass3. No idea4. Haven't a clue5. :/6. Again, who? 7. Pass8. … 1. Who? 2. Pass3. No idea4. Haven't a clue5. :/6. Again, who? 7. Pass8. Lol9. Nope10. Got nothing11. Pass12. Pass13. Hhhmmmm.... Nope 14. Pass15. Pass16. Pass17. I don't like this quiz18. Pass19. Pass20. PassWhat do I win?

...more than all of us because you've done it X)
miikeyblue

So far, you're in the lead... but I did say answers by PM - careful, … So far, you're in the lead... but I did say answers by PM - careful, someone might copy those!

See, I was so eager I missed the part about the PM. Same time next week?

maccy1

...more than all of us because you've done it X)

X) I try (_;)
thewongwing101

How does this work then ?think I can make a guess on four X)

Send me your answers by PM... I'll tally up your correct ones and put together a leaderboard.

Next week, I'll do it on google forms to make it a little easier (for me to mark, not for you to answer!)!
Aiden1512

See, I was so eager I missed the part about the PM. Same time next week? … See, I was so eager I missed the part about the PM. Same time next week? X) I try (_;)

You do, you do X)
R.E rule 1. What if you're using your phone?

Aiden1512

Good point
thewongwing101

Please warn me next time you're gonna do that oO

X)
Aiden1512

You're disqualified. But answer anyway, I can't have eyes everywhere and might not see. But please, don't google
miikeyblue

You're disqualified. But answer anyway, I can't have eyes everywhere and … You're disqualified. But answer anyway, I can't have eyes everywhere and might not see. But please, don't google

I'll try to control myself. Not making any promises. X)
1. Work It
2. Make It
3. Do It
4. Makes Us
5. Harder
6. Better
7. Faster
8. Stronger
9. More Than
10. Hour
11. Our
12. Never
13. Ever
14. After
15. Work is
16. Over
17. Work It
18. Harder
19. Make It Better
20. Do It Faster
FantasyDeals

1. Work It2. Make It3. Do It4. Makes Us5. Harder6. Better7. Faster8. … 1. Work It2. Make It3. Do It4. Makes Us5. Harder6. Better7. Faster8. Stronger9. More Than10. Hour11. Our12. Never13. Ever14. After15. Work is16. Over17. Work It 18. Harder 19. Make It Better20. Do It Faster

I said there's no music round this week
thewongwing101

One on the right, ta (_;)
Do I get a point for pointing out number 3 should be grand slam and not prix .
It might be the only point I get.
shabbird

Do I get a point for pointing out number 3 should be grand slam and not … Do I get a point for pointing out number 3 should be grand slam and not prix . It might be the only point I get.

No. Point deducted for daring to correct me.
shabbird

Do I get a point for pointing out number 3 should be grand slam and not … Do I get a point for pointing out number 3 should be grand slam and not prix . It might be the only point I get.

teachers pet
FantasyDeals

One on the right, ta (_;)

Whose right ?
Aiden1512

See, I was so eager I missed the part about the PM. Same time next week? … See, I was so eager I missed the part about the PM. Same time next week? X) I try (_;)

I added that bit in afterwards, to be fair
thewongwing101

Whose right ?

Me, always. Quizmaster's decision is final.
shabbird

Next you will be buying apples on tuesday
thewongwing101

Whose right ?

In the POV of the one the right, The one on the far left, then
Hey what happened to the other barmaid??? It will be heaving in here next week
archer1204

Next you will be buying apples on tuesday

of course. Im certainly not going to win with the answers that I provided unless deeky , msk and summer were the correct answer to number 19.
shabbird

of course. Im certainly not going to win with the answers that I provided … of course. Im certainly not going to win with the answers that I provided unless deeky , msk and summer were the correct answer to number 19.

Thats only 3
shabbird

of course. Im certainly not going to win with the answers that I provided … of course. Im certainly not going to win with the answers that I provided unless deeky , msk and summer were the correct answer to number 19.

You're currently leading actually!
miikeyblue

You're currently leading actually!

that means shabbird is the only valid entry so far
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants