Groups

Mike the clown Dean demoted to the Championship this weekend..

Banned
    espnfc.com/eng…ies

Keep him there too!

20 Comments

Don't agree with this. Putting him in the championship kinda suggests that the Championship should have a lower standard of referee. He should be suspended for a while.

think of it as retraining with less pressure.

Hope he isn't in charge of the Cardiff game

Original Poster Banned

justanothercid

think of it as retraining with less pressure.

You can't re-train an ego!

MrScotchBonnet

You can't re-train an ego!

Have you ever refereed in any official capacity at any competitive event, Scotchy?

Original Poster Banned

tryn2help

Have you ever refereed in any official capacity at any competitive event, … Have you ever refereed in any official capacity at any competitive event, Scotchy?

Have you ever had a player from your team unfairly sent off? X)

tryn2help

Have you ever refereed in any official capacity at any competitive event, … Have you ever refereed in any official capacity at any competitive event, Scotchy?

​This is his JOB. I agree mistakes can happen and it may be difficult to catch everything in a fast pace game but imagine if you consistently made mistakes in your job... you'd be sent for "re-training" faster than he was

MrScotchBonnet

Have you ever had a player from your team unfairly sent off? X)

Refs' are human and all humans make mistakes - to err is human.

Part of the big attraction in football is the 'unknown' - can we win? will we play well? how will so and so perform against so and so? - it was all the 'unknowns' that filled us full of excitement and wonder, and part of the 'unknown' was the refs' performance.

These things all added to the allure of the game, heck, sometimes the only thing we had to talk about on the long bus journey home was one or two 'dodgy' decisions by the ref - and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't have had much to talk about.

Before goal-line technology football fans had incidents they loved to talk about for years, sadly, all that enjoyable banter is gone now.

Today, technological advancement is so fast, it won't be long before games are refereed by non-human means; no mistakes will be made, no arguments, no controversy, just boring souless efficiency.

For me, part of the joy of the game was the uncertainty, the 'unknowables' - and human error from players and officials alike was all part of the mix; my concern is if we're not careful we'll take the joy out of the game by moving it ever closer to boring predictability.

Original Poster Banned

tryn2help

Refs' are human and all humans make mistakes - to err is human.Part of … Refs' are human and all humans make mistakes - to err is human.Part of the big attraction in football is the 'unknown' - can we win? will we play well? how will so and so perform against so and so? - it was all the 'unknowns' that filled us full of excitement and wonder, and part of the 'unknown' was the refs' performance.These things all added to the allure of the game, heck, sometimes the only thing we had to talk about on the long bus journey home was one or two 'dodgy' decisions by the ref - and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't have had much to talk about. Before goal-line technology football fans had incidents they loved to talk about for years, sadly, all that enjoyable banter is gone now.Today, technological advancement is so fast, it won't be long before games are refereed by non-human means; no mistakes will be made, no arguments, no controversy, just boring souless efficiency.For me, part of the joy of the game was the uncertainty, the 'unknowables' - and human error from players and officials alike was all part of the mix; my concern is if we're not careful we'll take the joy out of the game by moving it ever closer to boring predictability.

No one is saying you can't make an error or misjudgement.

Do you follow football matches and have you seen some of his decisions of late? it's a constant thing, not a one off. All the top pundits have been saying this for weeks and now it looks like the governing body can also see an issue with rash/incorrect decisions.

Everyone knows how hard a ref's job can be and that's always taken into account, the constant inconsistency of this man has cost him a place in top flight football this weekend and that speaks volumes.

Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 18th Jan

what's he done celebrated another goal for spurs ? X)

Best ref in the game imo,he should be in charge of all Spurs games from now on

MrScotchBonnet

No one is saying you can't make an error or misjudgement. Do you follow … No one is saying you can't make an error or misjudgement. Do you follow football matches and have you seen some of his decisions of late? it's a constant thing, not a one off. All the top pundits have been saying this for weeks and now it looks like the governing body can also see an issue with rash/incorrect decisions.Everyone knows how hard a ref's job can be and that's always taken into account, the constant inconsistency of this man has cost him a place in top flight football this weekend and that speaks volumes.

My main point wasn't about errors - it was about how all these things add up to make the game what it is - they are the ingredients of our enjoyment, and taking them away may well lessen our enjoyment.

As for this chaps' performances he's obviously going through a bad patch, give him a little rest but keep him ticking over with some less stressful but nonetheless competitive games and he'll soon get through it.

The big problem though is English fans have an anti-ref mentality the like of which is not witnessed elsewhere in world football.
    It was something pointed out to us in our Sociology studies way back in the day - a manifestation of an anti-establishment/anti-authoritarian mentality quintessentially English.

Original Poster Banned

tryn2help

My main point wasn't about errors - it was about how all these things add … My main point wasn't about errors - it was about how all these things add up to make the game what it is - they are the ingredients of our enjoyment, and taking them away may well lessen our enjoyment.As for this chaps' performances he's obviously going through a bad patch, give him a little rest but keep him ticking over with some less stressful but nonetheless competitive games and he'll soon get through it.The big problem though is English fans have an anti-ref mentality the like of which is not witnessed elsewhere in world football.It was something pointed out to us in our Sociology studies way back in the day - a manifestation of an anti-establishment/anti-authoritarian mentality quintessentially English.

Is that a no to the following then - ''Do you follow football matches and have you seen some of his decisions of late?''

It's costing teams points, which costs teams places, which cost teams money and cost teams competitions.

MrScotchBonnet

Is that a no to the following then - ''Do you follow football matches and … Is that a no to the following then - ''Do you follow football matches and have you seen some of his decisions of late?''It's costing teams points, which costs teams places, which cost teams money and cost teams competitions.

Of course I follow football matches, and yes I have seen some of his decisions, and yes of course his decisions have consequences.

So, what do you want to do?
    Obviously talk about it, otherwise you wouldn't have started a thread on it (proves my point about refs errors being an important part of the ingredients that make the game enjoyable).

Or, are you looking forward to the day when games are refereed by non-human means?

Original Poster Banned

tryn2help

Of course I follow football matches, and yes I have seen some of his … Of course I follow football matches, and yes I have seen some of his decisions, and yes of course his decisions have consequences.So, what do you want to do?Obviously talk about it, otherwise you wouldn't have started a thread on it (proves my point about refs errors being an important part of the ingredients that make the game enjoyable).Or, are you looking forward to the day when games are refereed by non-human means?

The guy is a grade A moron. Card happy and all about "me" attitude. He thinks he's bigger than the sport / players and once he feels that way he goes out of his way to issue a red card / penalty just to cause a talking point. Not consistent, arrogant and simply a terrible ref.

People have different opinions and ours obviously differ, but i'm happy in the knowledge the governing body can see him for what he is. Maybe you will one day see this too.

MrScotchBonnet

The guy is a grade A moron. Card happy and all about "me" attitude. He … The guy is a grade A moron. Card happy and all about "me" attitude. He thinks he's bigger than the sport / players and once he feels that way he goes out of his way to issue a red card / penalty just to cause a talking point. Not consistent, arrogant and simply a terrible ref.People have different opinions and ours obviously differ, but i'm happy in the knowledge the governing body can see him for what he is. Maybe you will one day see this too.

I don't think there's any great difference, and I'm not trying to argue with you, I see much as you see, but I just see a ref making mistakes - no biggie, part of the game.

It's our attitude towards refs that I find more facinating; have a quick read of this article.
    Hopefully give you a better idea of where I'm coming from.

smiler594 will be upset

Yes Japes #7 it is Mike Deans' job. He should be given a Disciplinary Hearing followed by a Warning either Written or Verbal and suspended on full pay. Not thrust upon the Championship for a game, that will achieve nothing.

Banned

I like this guy. Been good to Spurs!

Banned

jymufc

smiler594 will be upset

Aye, I was
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet27
      2. Jury service1620