Groups

Mikomi 5.1 Home Theatre or Durabrand 5.1

Will either of these connect to tv or dvd player or 360? Will i be able to have this fully replace tv sound?

Clicky in next post

Thanks

6 Comments

Banned

Can advise about the Durabrand item. Yes, it will connect to your dvd and tv (as long as your tv has the relevant audio out jacks) and yes you can then do away with using the television speakers. Not much oomph with this system though and I personally don't think that much of it. ( I know coz I personally bought two of them as gifts for friends a few years ago). :oops:

You really need to get a speaker system with SPDIF/Optical input to get real 5.1 out of the 360 but that requires mucho grande

Original Poster

churchy2704;2520251

Can advise about the Durabrand item. Yes, it will connect to your dvd and … Can advise about the Durabrand item. Yes, it will connect to your dvd and tv (as long as your tv has the relevant audio out jacks) and yes you can then do away with using the television speakers. Not much oomph with this system though and I personally don't think that much of it. ( I know coz I personally bought two of them as gifts for friends a few years ago). :oops:

my telly's an old 21" crt wharfedale

Has a yellow red and white port as well as a grey one with r and l printed next to it

Banned

Rob-Rules;2521362

my telly's an old 21" crt wharfedale Has a yellow red and white port as … my telly's an old 21" crt wharfedale Has a yellow red and white port as well as a grey one with r and l printed next to it

As long as they're outputs as opposed to inputs, they'd be fine(the yellow one is for the video signal). You shouldn't need a switching box if you're only inputting your tv and dvd, there's enough inputs on the back of the Durabrand.

As has already been pointed out if you want genuine 5.1 surround you should probably invest in a seperate amp/speaker package which will be more than able to accomodate pretty much everything that you need to connect to it, including your 360.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2458
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force913
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927373
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow816

See more discussions