Groups

Miley Cyrus at O2 Arena ...........

Has anyone been to a concert in the O2 Arena where they say the door policy is so strict they will be checking ALL tickets and if the cardholder is not present, entry will be refused?
    This, apparently, is the door policy for the Miley Cyrus concerts in December.
    Do they actually do this - check every single ticket??!!!

23 Comments

Original Poster

I'm going to be online for another half hour or so, then won't be around all weekend. So, many thanks in advance for any answers, and I'll read all about it on Sunday evening/Monday morning. :thumbsup:

If they saying they doing this then it's best to be present.

My partner attended a concert there once and he had to show his bank card etc.They often do random checks.

not really fair if they are a gift

Original Poster

Thanks Mum2 and Loupomm.
    Phoned Ticketmaster and they are saying that it is a strict rule that WILL be enforced. I mentioned that the concerts are around Xmas time and a lot of tickets will be bought as presents, ergo cardholders will not all be present and he said they would be turning people, including young children, away!!!
    I'm off now.
    Have a good weekend everyone. :thumbsup:

Surely this rule is unenforceable AND would'nt it take hours getting 20,000 people into the venue doing this.?

In my experience (not O2 - football and festivals, etc) when they use this policy they usually check a random sample - like one in ten - unless there is a huge crowd or it is getting late and then everyone gets waved through. It is a bit like customs.

The idea of the policy is to stamp out the resale market so obviously they are not going to advertise that not everyone is checked - although there is a chance that you could be refused if the details fo not match.

dcx_badass;5599817

Surely just taking the card will be fine? I know in the US the miley tour … Surely just taking the card will be fine? I know in the US the miley tour is paperless/ticketless and they swipe your card on entry and it brings up the details for them.I wanted to go but not for £60!

I emailed o2 to get clarification and the card which was used to purchase the tickets has to be shown so if you got them for friends/family you just give them the card. Like others have said not sure if they will be able to check everyone's though.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Just had another thought though, even if they only check 1 in 10 (approx) what if the card that was used to pay for the tix has expired, or the person has cancelled their card? I mean, the concerts are still 6 months away.
    In my case, it is a friend's friend who has bought the tickets for me (as she got a discount) and I'm not sure that she would hand her card over for the day/evening (which is fair enough)!!
    Anyone else had first hand experience of this?

Thanks for pointing this out shibi din, my friend has bought tickets for her daughter and friends on her husbands card, he wont even be in London with them, not sure he is going to want to hand his card over to a bunch of 14 year old girls at a concert though!!

svenigan;5604600

I emailed o2 to get clarification and the card which was used to purchase … I emailed o2 to get clarification and the card which was used to purchase the tickets has to be shown so if you got them for friends/family you just give them the card.

I wouldnt be too happy having to give my card to someone, surely there must be another way of doing it ?

richp;5615879

I wouldnt be too happy having to give my card to someone, surely there … I wouldnt be too happy having to give my card to someone, surely there must be another way of doing it ?

At the cinema if I pre book tickets for my kids I go in with them and use my card in the machine to authorise the tickets and then leave, as it will be kids going maybe they will have a similar set up enabling the card holder to authorise the tickets and then leave?

Original Poster

kidcat;5615910

At the cinema if I pre book tickets for my kids I go in with them and use … At the cinema if I pre book tickets for my kids I go in with them and use my card in the machine to authorise the tickets and then leave, as it will be kids going maybe they will have a similar set up enabling the card holder to authorise the tickets and then leave?

This may be the case, but say, in the case of your friend whose husband isn't even going to be in London on the night of the concert - would he want to come all the way from wherever just to have his card swiped?
    My friend's friend bought them for us as a favour, but I don't think that favour extends to a trip to the O2 on the Saturday before Christmas!!

Original Poster

And another thing - not everyone is a worrier like me!!! So people are probably buying tickets as presents and not even thinking about this business re cardholder's being present, or cards being checked on the way in.
    There are going to be an awful lot of young children, particularly little girls, bawling their eyes out at the O2 Arena in December. Can you imagine them turning away all these kiddies?
    And what about people who have bought tickets off Ebay? This kind of thing doesn't deter ticket touts - they'll still have the money. It's the people who have bought the tickets that will lose out - and yeah, they might not ever use touts again, but there are always people who will. So it's pointless really.

This is the reply i received. Just to let you all know about age limits as well

Hi,

Thanks for your email. The card that was used to book the tickets need to be brought to the venue on the night of the show. So you can either give your card to your daughter to take with her when she enters the arena or alternatively you can accompany her to the ticket gate with the card yourself. Your daughter and her friends must be 15 or over to watch the show unaccompanied though. So if any of them are 14 or under then an adult of 18 + must have a ticket for the show and accompany them.

Thanks,

Josh Mckenzie

Customer Services

The O2

Peninsula Square

London , SE10 0DX

[url]www.theo2.co.uk[/url]

Ouch, wonder if they are going to check ID, my friends daughter is 14 as are all her friends going.

Original Poster

Well, I've been on the phone to Ticketmaster again to ask about this. They are now saying that you need photo id as well as the credit card. My friend's friend will probably give us her credit card to take on the evening but now I don't know what to believe re the other forms of id.
    It's all becoming a bit of a joke.

A lot of concerts,can't attend without an adult if your under a certain age and have to be certain age to be allowed in standing stalls too.

shibi din;5620114

Well, I've been on the phone to Ticketmaster again to ask about this. … Well, I've been on the phone to Ticketmaster again to ask about this. They are now saying that you need photo id as well as the credit card. My friend's friend will probably give us her credit card to take on the evening but now I don't know what to believe re the other forms of id.It's all becoming a bit of a joke.

It sounds a total nightmare and worth steering clear of, all seems like far too much trouble.

Original Poster

kidcat;5620368

It sounds a total nightmare and worth steering clear of, all seems like … It sounds a total nightmare and worth steering clear of, all seems like far too much trouble.

I can't steer clear now as the tickets have been bought!! I am trying to find out about this photo ID now. The O2 Arena have said they won't be checking IDs, just credit cards. Although, they will ask for ID if you have an under 14-year old with you and you don't look much older yourself!! ie. to check that you are over 18, as under-14s have to be accompanied by an adult over 18 years.

TBH
    If it stops the resale market with vastly over inflated prices then its a small price to pay.

Have just bought tickets to take my daughter to the 02 and was told of this policy when booking, so fair play to them i say. Hopefully will stop the inside hacks earning even more from people wanting to attend.

Would also like to add though these were expensive @ 60 a pop and the with the extortionate ticketmaster charges on top.

Original Poster

Marty1981;5672598

TBHIf it stops the resale market with vastly over inflated prices then … TBHIf it stops the resale market with vastly over inflated prices then its a small price to pay.Have just bought tickets to take my daughter to the 02 and was told of this policy when booking, so fair play to them i say. Hopefully will stop the inside hacks earning even more from people wanting to attend.Would also like to add though these were expensive @ 60 a pop and the with the extortionate ticketmaster charges on top.

Thanks for the reply.
    Would it stop the resale market though? Like I said in an earlier post -

This kind of thing doesn't deter ticket touts - they'll still have the … This kind of thing doesn't deter ticket touts - they'll still have the money. It's the people who have bought the tickets that will lose out - and yeah, they might not ever use touts again, but there are always people who will. So it's pointless really.

Did ticketmaster tell you that would have to take photo ID with you as well? Or just your credit card?

shibi din;5672661

Thanks for the reply.Would it stop the resale market though? Like I said … Thanks for the reply.Would it stop the resale market though? Like I said in an earlier post - Did ticketmaster tell you that would have to take photo ID with you as well? Or just your credit card?

Well it may in time if there is a clear and credible deterent that people are aware of thats the key if all people are aware then it may begin to have an effect, was not told myself of photo id was told i would need the card and my booking reference i was given.

Fair play for the 02 for trying something they deserve to be commended for it as long as it is a credible , guess i will see on the 20th december when we trek all the way down from yorkshire (the things we do for our kids) down to that London

Original Poster

Marty1981;5672686

Well it may in time if there is a clear and credible deterent that people … Well it may in time if there is a clear and credible deterent that people are aware of thats the key if all people are aware then it may begin to have an effect, was not told myself of photo id was told i would need the card and my booking reference i was given.Fair play for the 02 for trying something they deserve to be commended for it as long as it is a credible , guess i will see on the 20th december when we trek all the way down from yorkshire (the things we do for our kids) down to that London

I hope it does stop ticket touts. It just seems a shame that it is the folks buying from them who have to suffer (although I do think paying 5 times + the face value of a ticket is just sheer stupidity).
    It's not the O2 who are stipulating these conditions of sale, it is the promoter.
    You'd think more would have done it though, especially at the moment with all the big names on tour at the moment, this weekend even, eg. Take That, Madonna. Even the Michael Jackson (RIP) tickets didn't have this rule.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3941603
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846337
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764606

See more discussions