Minecraft Full Latest Game - Available on disc?

Found 5th Jan 2013
Son is very into minecraft and i was wondering if you can buy the game for the PC on a disc at all?

Ta
Community Updates
7 Comments
Not that I'm aware of, the standard game needs to log into the Minecraft servers to work so you need a network connection for it.

John
No you can't get it on disc, but if you go on there site you can buy it there minecraft.net , its in digital download form because they update the game very often with new features.
Soon there is going to be minecraft PC gift cards in the UK.

latest update news: mojang.com/

Edited by: "t3rryg00dacre" 5th Jan 2013
Johnmcl7

Not that I'm aware of, the standard game needs to log into the Minecraft … Not that I'm aware of, the standard game needs to log into the Minecraft servers to work so you need a network connection for it. John

Thank you - it's just I've seen some discs on ebay. so if i bought one and installed onto my pc from the disc, wouldn't it still then connect to their servers? I'm just a traditional person who still likes to have a [physical disc, in case pc dies on me!

Edit: Just seen t3rryg00dacre note above. So if i do download it, are the updates free?
Edited by: "melmorc" 5th Jan 2013
melmorc

Thank you - it's just I've seen some discs on ebay. so if i bought one … Thank you - it's just I've seen some discs on ebay. so if i bought one and installed onto my pc from the disc, wouldn't it still then connect to their servers? I'm just a traditional person who still likes to have a [physical disc, in case pc dies on me!Edit: Just seen t3rryg00dacre note above. So if i do download it, are the updates free?

yes all updates are free
melmorc

Thank you - it's just I've seen some discs on ebay. so if i bought one … Thank you - it's just I've seen some discs on ebay. so if i bought one and installed onto my pc from the disc, wouldn't it still then connect to their servers? I'm just a traditional person who still likes to have a [physical disc, in case pc dies on me!Edit: Just seen t3rryg00dacre note above. So if i do download it, are the updates free?

Yes, once you buy it the game you can freely download the game as the game will authenticate you when you log in. So if your PC died all you would need to do is go to the Minecraft site on another PC, download the client (which isn't very big) and then sign in again and you're good to go.

John
My son wants it on disc so he can play without no virus
load

My son wants it on disc so he can play without no virus

It's not on disc for the PC and is not what will give your son's PC a virus...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants