Groups

Mini Camcorder Experience? Advice please!

Hello All,

I recently learnt about the mini camcorder scene..i.e. Flip Video Mino, Kodak Zi6 etc.
    I was almost certain on getting the Toshiba Camileo Pro HD....after seeing it for
    I 've done research about it..seemed like what I needed...however, upon re researching (which always happens to me) I have found someone who says that trying to edit footage recorded from these things are an absolute pain.

I want to shoot a few viral marketing videos....and so being able to edit the footage is a must. I would probably use Adobe Premiere to edit.

So my questions are:

1. Can I edit the footage on a PC (Adobe Premiere)?
    2. What are your views /experience of this Mini Camcorder?
    3. Can you suggest a better alternative?

Thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnks

4 Comments

I have the kodak zi6 which is quite good - but shoots the hd clips in .mov format which is a pain to edit. I have to convert all the clips into mpeg or avi and then edit.

Original Poster

its only me;5079532

I have the kodak zi6 which is quite good - but shoots the hd clips in … I have the kodak zi6 which is quite good - but shoots the hd clips in .mov format which is a pain to edit. I have to convert all the clips into mpeg or avi and then edit.

how does that work out? i.e. does it take long? what program did you use to convert? when you convert and edit do you see a drop in quality?

cheers budd

Downloaded a freeby called any video converter - there is a loss in quality as you go from hd to a mpeg or avi size of your choice. Tried Roxio & Realplayer - they dont like .mov files. The time of the conversion depends on the size of the file. A 2minute hd clip took a couple of minutes to convert.

The Kodak Zi6 High Definition Pocket Camcorder- Black is currently on offer in Argos -
    £97.19
    Save £30.00
    was £127.19
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213630
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25101
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE186925
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764429

See more discussions