Groups

Mini cruise deals?

Evening all.

I'm looking for a mini cruise for around the 24th of March 2017 for around 2-7 nights only, though the destination is not a priority as we would consider anywhere. Currently trying to use up excess holiday days before the end of my holiday year with company I work for

I'm in the north west (Cumbria) so ports are somewhat a deal breaker.

Destination wise, apart from Netherlands/Spain as we have done these, anywhere really.

Price is always going to be a factor, but I understand I get what I pay for.

Just wondering if anyone seen any good deals of late?

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

Whats your budget

Original Poster

Would like to keep it under 2k if possible (for 2)

Gandalfbaggins

Would like to keep it under 2k if possible (for 2)

Why not fly somewhere you havn't been then go for a cruise from there to somewhere else you havn't been have you been around Croatia some stunning places lots to see and do and you can always visit Plitvice Lakes,Dubrovnik,Split Zadar etc

I'm using up end of yr entitlement 2 wks and doing housework, TV catch up, housework, ironing, housework... Well you get the idea

You could try thomson.co.uk and go to their cruise section.

Original Poster

xxjennxx69

You could try thomson.co.uk and go to their cruise section.

I'm checking all the normal channels (so to speak) but nothing has quite jumped out at me yet as a bargain or more importantly, striking or too good to turn down.

The duration is not a problem, nor is the the cruise ship to be perfectly honest. so this could be a 2k+ trip, or a £500 cheapy,
    I'm just not the sort of person that basis's finding a little gem of a country or location that is new to me and that I have not visited on the luxury of transport that gets me there.

But, I've had a few 'mini cruises' in the past and have flown to a number of different destinations,Mainly Europe. Spain, Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Germany to name a few.

I prefer the ship/sea because 1, it normally takes longer. 2. It usually more pleasant, no queuing in packed airports, being delayed, tight seats, no leg room etc etc.
    I don't mind flying, but I do enjoy being at sea for a day or 2/3. Bars at hand, food at the ready, entertainment etc... for me and the wife, the trip, especially on a cruise, can be just as fulfilling as the destination we reach

In short, I really don't mind the price, though obviously everyone likes a bargain. I asked as more of an idea of where to go and if I can save a few bob, then great

Gandalfbaggins

I'm checking all the normal channels (so to speak) but nothing has quite … I'm checking all the normal channels (so to speak) but nothing has quite jumped out at me yet as a bargain or more importantly, striking or too good to turn down.The duration is not a problem, nor is the the cruise ship to be perfectly honest. so this could be a 2k+ trip, or a £500 cheapy, I'm just not the sort of person that basis's finding a little gem of a country or location that is new to me and that I have not visited on the luxury of transport that gets me there.But, I've had a few 'mini cruises' in the past and have flown to a number of different destinations,Mainly Europe. Spain, Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Germany to name a few.I prefer the ship/sea because 1, it normally takes longer. 2. It usually more pleasant, no queuing in packed airports, being delayed, tight seats, no leg room etc etc.I don't mind flying, but I do enjoy being at sea for a day or 2/3. Bars at hand, food at the ready, entertainment etc... for me and the wife, the trip, especially on a cruise, can be just as fulfilling as the destination we reach :)In short, I really don't mind the price, though obviously everyone likes a bargain. I asked as more of an idea of where to go and if I can save a few bob, then great

Have a look at Croatia some great sailing around the islands
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491
      3. One thing you've forgotten68
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33

See more discussions