Mini N64 rumours again

Found 14th Nov 2017
It's a topic that been discussed before but one eagle eyed fan thinks he may have found the games list which doesn't have goldeneye what do you make of that personally I think super smash bros over goldeneye anyway

• 1080° Snowboarding
• Bomberman™ 64
• Donkey Kong 64
• Excitebike 64
• F-Zero X
• Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
• Mario Golf
• Mario Kart 64
• Mario Party 2
• Mario Tennis
• Paper Mario
• Pokémon Snap
• Sin and Punishment
• Star Fox 64
• Super Mario 64
• The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
• Wave Race 64
• Yoshi’s Story
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Are you able to share the source for this?

If we do see an "N64 mini", I wouldn't expect the details to have been finalised at this stage. Licensing for GoldenEye isn't going to be any easier for such a system than it has been anywhere else, sadly.
Golden eye is owned by Microsoft since they brought rareware so doubt that would ever make it on the mini Ocarina and Majora's mask would be very welcomed as iv never played them
Illusionary5 m ago

Are you able to share the source for this?If we do see an "N64 mini", I …Are you able to share the source for this?If we do see an "N64 mini", I wouldn't expect the details to have been finalised at this stage. Licensing for GoldenEye isn't going to be any easier for such a system than it has been anywhere else, sadly.

Not sure I can share the Facebook link to this site from my phone
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 14th Nov 2017
Scrap that found a google link

google.co.uk/amp…amp
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 14th Nov 2017
larrylightweight10 m ago

Scrap that found a google link …Scrap that found a google link https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/877008/SNES-Classic-Mini-UPDATE-N64-Classic-Mini-games/amp

Thanks.

These are just the manuals for the 19 N64 games available on the Wii U virtual console, so can't really be taken as evidence of what might be on a "N64 mini" - though of course, their existence on the VC already does mean that the licensing position should hopefully be more straightforward for those which aren't already first-party.
larrylightweight25 m ago

Golden eye is owned by Microsoft since they brought rareware so doubt that …Golden eye is owned by Microsoft since they brought rareware so doubt that would ever make it on the mini Ocarina and Majora's mask would be very welcomed as iv never played them

No its not, the source code for the game is but the 007 license isn't dont expect to see that.
Super Mario 64 is possibly the greatest game ever.
This got leaked weeks ago.
It was determined that it was linked to the Wii U instead of a Mini N64.
larrylightweight8 h, 1 m ago

Golden eye is owned by Microsoft since they brought rareware so doubt that …Golden eye is owned by Microsoft since they brought rareware so doubt that would ever make it on the mini Ocarina and Majora's mask would be very welcomed as iv never played them

Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games of all time, highly recommended. OoT is a similar type of game but isn't quite as polished to me. If the rumours are just that, I'd advise seeking them out one way or another.
copperspock1 h, 1 m ago

Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games of all time, highly …Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games of all time, highly recommended. OoT is a similar type of game but isn't quite as polished to me. If the rumours are just that, I'd advise seeking them out one way or another.

Just buy a 3DS
It's not happening until the patents run out. 2019/2020.

It's the GameBoy's 30th anniversary next year...
Segata-Sanshiro23 h, 50 m ago

No its not, the source code for the game is but the 007 license isn't dont …No its not, the source code for the game is but the 007 license isn't dont expect to see that.

Not even sure what that means but Microsoft/Xbox definitely own at least some of the rights to the N64 goldeneye game after buying out Rare.
Have a read of this

google.co.uk/amp…-e3
Fun N64 goldeneye fact

One of the things that always strikes me as crazy in retrospect is that until something like March or April of 1997, there wasn't a multiplayer mode at all. It hadn't even been started. It really was put in at the last minute – something you wouldn't dream of doing these days – and it was done without the knowledge or permission of the management at Rare and Nintendo. The first they knew about it was when we showed it to them working. However – since the game was already late by that time, if we hadn't done it that way, it probably never would have happened.

Source
google.co.uk/amp…ra/
larrylightweight16 m ago

Not even sure what that means but Microsoft/Xbox definitely own at least …Not even sure what that means but Microsoft/Xbox definitely own at least some of the rights to the N64 goldeneye game after buying out Rare.Have a read of this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/e3-2015/2015/6/16/8788431/rare-replay-e3-goldeneye-007-n64-xbox-one-hd-software-collection-e3

The 007 james bond license doesn't belong to Nintendo or rare\microsoft. I've no idea who has it now, last company who did was EA and they don't now, they cant release it without a license agreement they'd be sued to death by whomever owns the james bond franchise now i think its Sony not sure.
Demand for this will eclipse the nes and snes....love all of them very much.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants