Expired

Mini/remote control helicopter

7 replies
Found 27th Dec 2007
Hi,

I wanted one for christmas, but i was not lucky enough to get one. So i want to treat myself!!

Can anybody recommend one? I have heard good reviews about the pico z (i think thats right)

If anybody could also tell me if they have seen any deals on these remote control helicopters, that would be brill

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

They are really cheap at [url]www.dealextreme.com[/url] and there is lots of choice.
dealextreme.com/pro…801

They are shipped from Hong Kong so take 1-3 weeks to arrive though. But you can get one under £9 delivered ( you pay by paypal and it automatically converts the $ price into £ ). The exchange rate is just over $2 to £1 ( so you pay about half the listed dollar price)

Don't expect any of them to last very long though. Build quality on all of them is patchy. I had one from dealextreme andit lasted two days before a crash caused irrepairable damage ( broke the link between rotor blades and top balance arm).
My sister bought 2 of the Picoz models and they are not any better. One of the handsets/chargers is not working properly already ( after one day).
They are great fun while they last though.

try aria.co.uk, i bought one from there for 19.99 and its brill, took it to the local park it flys like a dream, bigger than it looks in picture well worth it very sturdy, had few crash landings nothing broke well pleased with it

bought my pico from firebox for about £30 less a £5 voucher about 18 months ago still works fine, hit lots of things and only broke 1 tail rotor, replacment was supplied in the box. all parts for this can be bought from ebay for pennies if you do screw-uo anything else. get the real pico z as some copies are around that look almost identical however are uncontrollable. top tip is to place a drawing pin in the front this gives you better forward flight, far better controll and the flight time is increased.
Hope this helps

Original Poster

yea, i have just bought pico like you from firebox. But it now is 20 quid less the £5 voucher.

So not to bad really, i will follow your advice with the drawing pin. I will tell you how i get on with it when it arrives

Thanks for the help!

There is one on the main hotdeals page ,someone has just put it on .£9.99

patti;1385663

There is one on the main hotdeals page ,someone has just put it on .£9.99

]Here's the link.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.333
    2. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?44
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person628