Mint free toothpaste advice!

Found 30th Apr 2012
Morning everyone,

I have just been told that I can't use mint toothpaste so alternative is to find mint FREE toothpaste, does anyone have any advice of such product? How much? Where from?

ta
Community Updates
19 Comments
Have a ,look a kids ranges as they do fruit falvoured ones such as strawberry or others such as bubblegum (go for the ones for older kids rather than toddlers) most places that sell tooth paste will sell them
surely a dentist could recommend something or even sell such a thing
Dentalux is sold cheaply in lidl. I THINK its herbal.

Don't go buying dearer stuff from health food shops or online. Check out the lidl one. Also recall sensodyne making a non mint one.
im sure they do beef flavour in pet shops oO
Banned
I'm curious OP, why can't you use mint toothpaste?
ding

im sure they do beef flavour in pet shops oO

Also salmon flavour too, you ever tried brushing a dogs teeth with the stuff? They try to eat it complete with the brush, its like a mad challenge.

greatest666

I'm curious OP, why can't you use mint toothpaste?

So am I but didnt want to be the first to ask.

Just use coal like they used too.
Original Poster
I am taking medicines but must avoid mint, raw onions etc etc..
Av seen kingfishers herbal toothpaste & some other one (can't remember name)
It's worth calling in at your local foreign foods supermarket. Mint toothpaste is a very Western thing, so any Chinese or Indian supermarket can probably supply you with something usable.
euthymol, all the supermarkets sell it. tastes like dentyne chewing gum.

how come you can't use mint?
Banned
alien_jiggy

I am taking medicines but must avoid mint, raw onions etc etc..Av seen … I am taking medicines but must avoid mint, raw onions etc etc..Av seen kingfishers herbal toothpaste & some other one (can't remember name)

I see.

Anyway as mentioned you can use the fruity kids stuff, it's got the same main ingredients as the minty stuff.
Arm and Hammer do a baking soda toothpaste but it's the second worst thing i've ever had in my mouth.
The only one I know of, and believe me I have researched this thoroughly, is Weleda's Calendula toothpaste. Usually around £3.75 from Weleda but have seen it cheaper on Amazon (with free delivery too!).
MattBrennanUK

Arm and Hammer do a baking soda toothpaste but it's the second worst … Arm and Hammer do a baking soda toothpaste but it's the second worst thing i've ever had in my mouth.

So whats the worst thing you have had in your mouth?

Hang on, on second thoughts don't answer that one
funny.onion

Dentalux is sold cheaply in lidl. I THINK its herbal.Don't go buying … Dentalux is sold cheaply in lidl. I THINK its herbal.Don't go buying dearer stuff from health food shops or online. Check out the lidl one. Also recall sensodyne making a non mint one.

I went out of my way to go and buy it from Lidl -- the "herbal" one also has a ton of mint in it. So .. NO .. It's not a possibility. Clearly you never tried it before recommending it.

Still have to try Arm&Hammer -- however even the Sensitive one (even though is not mentioned in the ingredients) says "Mint Toothpaste".

At this point the only choice which seems to be really mint free I could try is Kingfisher Fennel with Fluoride.

Btw - beware that most toothpastes which are mint-free are also without fluoride.
nikione

I went out of my way to go and buy it from Lidl -- the "herbal" one also … I went out of my way to go and buy it from Lidl -- the "herbal" one also has a ton of mint in it. So .. NO .. It's not a possibility. Clearly you never tried it before recommending it.Still have to try Arm&Hammer -- however even the Sensitive one (even though is not mentioned in the ingredients) says "Mint Toothpaste".At this point the only choice which seems to be really mint free I could try is Kingfisher Fennel with Fluoride.Btw - beware that most toothpastes which are mint-free are also without fluoride.

In all fairness they did put I THINK and not declare it to be fact.
Try asking at your local health food shop, they will sell mint-free and sls-free toothpaste such as a fennel toothpaste.
Also as someone has mentioned, weleda do a calendula one.
I need a none mint toothpaste as I am allergic to mint tried Colgate whitening toothpaste and it makes my mouth numb mint is such a stupid thing to be allergic to but even medicines have mint on them l
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions