minus 0 degrees...........what?!

16 replies
Found 3rd Jan 2008
I know the site is being tweaked on a regular basis, but admin could you please get round to sorting out the temp bar so that it no longer reads " -0 degrees". I'm no mathematical genius, but do have a love of maths and numbers, and every time I see it, it makes me growl.

Is this annoying anyone else? LOL

16 Comments

0 can be negative no? I think it's rounding so it may be -0.001 or something and rounding to zero.

It's always been like that too.

dont believe it can be minus zero (-0)
unless someone tells me otherwise

0 is neither positive or negative and therefore no sign should be present next to it (officially).

My car thermometer sometimes reads mins zero degrees....what's that about?!

Talk to the developer...

Original Poster

zarguio;1412646

My car thermometer sometimes reads mins zero degrees....what's that … My car thermometer sometimes reads mins zero degrees....what's that about?!

Its to do with the resolution when it comes to a car thermometer reading. When the temperature is -0.2 degrees for example, because the car thermometer display probably only reads to the nearest whole number, it would read as -0. There is no such real temperature reading as -0 though!

Sure the boffins on here could explain further :thinking:

amandaf, Dip Math (;-) never used that before after my name)

Yeah, Admin explained it pretty well in his first reply.

Since this seems to have come to a conclusion(-0), can I complain about something that bothers a minority?

No objections?

Okay, I hate it when people put 'WOW' in their title for their deals, if any of the mods/admin feel the same, could you delete the word out of all titles containing it?

I see it on ebay, and it just seems silly.

The other one that works my last nerve is when they put '[email protected]@K', what's that all about? :?

WOW - good post thesaint. It really made me [email protected]@K further into the subject.

Awesome.

thesaint;1413311

Since this seems to have come to a conclusion(-0), can I complain about … Since this seems to have come to a conclusion(-0), can I complain about something that bothers a minority?No objections?Okay, I hate it when people put 'WOW' in their title for their deals, if any of the mods/admin feel the same, could you delete the word out of all titles containing it? I see it on ebay, and it just seems silly.The other one that works my last nerve is when they put '[email protected]@K', what's that all about? :?

WHen I used to post a lot more deals, I occasionally put a Wow in a title. And only if it was really deserved. And people would believe my "wow"... !!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

-0 C is quite a proper term in physics.

End of.

emmajk42;1413648

WHen I used to post a lot more deals, I occasionally put a Wow in a … WHen I used to post a lot more deals, I occasionally put a Wow in a title. And only if it was really deserved. And people would believe my "wow"... !!

Then perhaps the "WOW" moniker could be reserved for the use by Admin/Mods?

I don't see it much here to be honest, it's a grievance i've carried over from ebay.
I would click on a 'WOW' title to be confronted by something that wasn't special in anyway shape or form.

I haven't ventured into the custom tab yet, but if there is a way I could filter out 'WOW' and '[email protected]@K', I will do it sharpish. I'm on a high since being able to post piccies(Thanks to your '...Submit deal' thread on feedback), that I am not as hopeless as I thought.

thesaint;1413680

Then perhaps the "WOW" moniker could be reserved for the use by … Then perhaps the "WOW" moniker could be reserved for the use by Admin/Mods?.

We can't reserve a word LOL :w00t:

thesaint;1413311

Since this seems to have come to a conclusion(-0), can I complain about … Since this seems to have come to a conclusion(-0), can I complain about something that bothers a minority?No objections?Okay, I hate it when people put 'WOW' in their title for their deals, if any of the mods/admin feel the same, could you delete the word out of all titles containing it? I see it on ebay, and it just seems silly.The other one that works my last nerve is when they put '[email protected]@K', what's that all about? :?

Oooh that bugs me also, don't 'WOW' at me Mr OP, I know if a deal deserves a wow or not myself, I don't need you to tell me, pffft.

It's just something small and petty though, wouldn't like to see the mods wasting their time removing it.

Starlet;1415905

wouldn't like to see the mods wasting their time removing it.

Nothing that is done to please me is a waste of time. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66720
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions