Groups

Miracle product!

Um.....don't know where to start. I have depression, anxiety and anaemia. My anxiety is getting worse as I feel too ugly to see Friends so I'm upsetting others which in turn makes me anxious. I am due to see a Doctor but have a long wait so in the mean time what can I do or buy to look and feel better? My nails are particularly embarrassing and my eyes look black and sunken so can anyone recommend some great products for that? I know it comes from within and yes I do eat healthily and exercise xx

18 Comments

There is no miracle product. I suffered from severe depression for a good few years and can understand where you are coming from. The only way to overcome this demon is to confront it. Your family will love you regardless of how you look or how you feel. That is what family is about. The rest of the world won't know you from Adam and won't even give your appearance a second thought. Appearance does not cure depression. Love and support is what you need and your family will give you that regardless of how you look.

Do you really want to take advice from a psychobitchfromhell?

Why a long wait to see a Dr? Phone in the morning, ask for an appointment that day.

You may not feel this requires an 'emergency' appointment, but you are worth it and it does.

The doctors will assess and find the correct course of action for you, most likely offering antidepressant (which will take a good few weeks to work properly) and other talking therapies. Take whatever you can in the way of therapies, if it's not right for you, speak to them again. Change or stop the talking therapies, change the medications.

You need that appointment tomorrow, especially as the medication can take a few weeks to start working you shouldn't have to continue like this. It's not a weekness, it's an illness, and needs treating like any illness.

Waiting list for the therapies, counselling and CBT tend to be months as they are in such high demand.

If you need any further help, advise or support feel free to direct message me.

can't be any uglier than me.

Why do you need to look beautiful, and this I assume is what the media have brain washed you into think that thin is cool

Why don't you help others and stop dwelling on your own problems

i struggle in exactly the sane way. i just 'dealt with it' myself until i had my baby & decided i don't want her growing up seeing it.

even after seeing a doctor it can be a long road-i'm on my 3rd type of medication and so far this one seems to be keeping the worst at bay..but my daughter is now 4 & i've only been on this a few months. tried the cbt etc as i was willing to try anything to make it go away!

But even after trying various things & even though I am a lot better currently than I have been, I still never see my friends-always make some sort of excuse..started off because I have put on a lot of weight, then the longer i put people off the guitier I feel & the worse I feel about myelf. A horrible cycle. I actually have a bloke interested in me & I would love to settle down again & be a family but again i keep putting him off-he's not going to wait arou d forever!

Tbh..all the drugs do is make it easier to CONCEAL what's going on. It doesn't fix the problem. If you can find a way of breaking that cycle-even if it's splashing out on some bits to make you feel human again and gets you going out, then finding the reason you feel so low in the first place and dealing with it, THAT will be the miracle fix.

(though obviously whether you can completely eradicate it depends on the cause. I cannot rid mine completely hence me agreeing to try the pill approach to take the edge off)

You are beautiful in your own way. You don't need others to define that for you. And sure, it's good to be self concious but at the end of the day, we all have our insecurities.

A good tip is to go out for a walk for around 20 mins a day, out in the fresh air. It actually helps

allowed

Why do you need to look beautiful, and this I assume is what the media … Why do you need to look beautiful, and this I assume is what the media have brain washed you into think that thin is coolWhy don't you help others and stop dwelling on your own problems

Why didn't you just say the usual snap out it!

MadeDixonsCry

Do you really want to take advice from a psychobitchfromhell?

Or someone who makes people cry?

snoopy18

Why didn't you just say the usual snap out it!

Because she has a valid point, I have seen her posts over the years and she seems to be a very friendly very nice human being sometimes by helping others we help ourselves

If she stopped looking at her problems and helped an old person or a refugee or the samiritons she would realise how much she has

Get out. Get a life

Have a look at a mindfulness course, I've had experience with these in the past and they are fantastic. There are also youtube videos, DVDs and books available.
    Look for your local NHS mental health clinic and pop in - they won't be able to treat you unless you are referred but have a look at their notice board or speak to the receptionist about courses / groups being run.
    The nasty fact is that depression leads to anxiety and negative thinking, which leads to more depreciation and it's a vicious circle.
    Anti depressants have their place in trying to break that circle, but it's your attitude / thought process that needs tackling.
    There is no miracle cure, as I'm guessing you already know. It will take hard work into changing how you think. The other option would be to go to counselling privately, but that will cost circa £40 an hour.
    My opinion - go to the doctor and asked to be referred to the mental health team. While you're waiting for that, look into mental health charities like mind and do something for yourself while you wait for the referral to come through.

Ok people please give her a break!
    yes helping others is very noble and great. but you can't help anyone before helping yourself out first!
    first point, my dear you need medical help. NHS is very slow but you gotta keep chasing after them. medicines help. the brain has complex neuro-hormones, chemicals and connections. a tiny bit goes up or down and it can play havoc on you.
    secondly, I do believe that true beauty is on the inside. but sometimes if you look good outside you feel good inside. don't be too hard on yourself. every single person has physical flaws. but if something is bothering you, let's deal with it. give yourself a bit of pampering,a mini facial, even do it yourself. for under eye circles,use a concealer. go to boots, superdrug pick one out.touch of foundation, concealer,blush, lipstick,mascara whatever makes you feel better,put it on. some nice clothes &shoes (don't have to be expensive or brand new) and wow. yes I know these are material things, but if they help,even in the slightest then why not.
    try eating some dark chocolate, it causes dopamine production. that's the brain's happy hormone. exercise releases endorphins, again the happy hormones. sunlight has a positive effect.
    sending you online hugs and I hope that you get better very soon.

Original Poster

Thanks for all of your lovely comments xx Believe me I'm ashamed of being like this, I used to be a very sensible but confident soul how ever I have being through things that I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy and sadly I'm now suffering a mental illness. What makes me most anxious is actually my Family, none of them believe in mental illness and just obsessed by material possessions! I get zero help or support from them. I do help others, I look after peoples pets when they go away, looked after my Grandparents until they sadly passed away, raise money for charities whilst working and bringing up my Children alone. If I could help the People up in London tonight I would. All I want is for my anxiety to go and to feel at peace! Thankyou xx

An illness is an illness whether it be of the body or the mind.

It's a shame that even in this day and age, it's a taboo topic and most people don't seek medical help.

I agree to some of the good suggestions posted above such as seeing a doctor and taking it from there.

The key thing to remember is that it takes time, patience and perseverance to get through these problems.

There are no miracle products unfortunately. The best thing is to find a good psychiatrist and have faith in the treatment.

Support from family and friends is a must, but should be only told to a small number of trustworthy individuals.

God bless you and I wish you a sustainable recovery.

Sometimes you have to put up with what you have and so does everyone else. Not your problem.

you need to train your brain to think positively. Not everyone is beautiful and there will be those that look worst than you do, but they dont seem to have a problem, so why should you?

learn to enjoy life, you are privileged to have it and to live in a country where you are not always hungry or worried about how to feed your kids. Think of those in a worse position than you around the world and this will make you realise how lucky you are, and will make you feel a lot happier that you are so privileged.

louisebarker

Thanks for all of your lovely comments xx Believe me I'm ashamed of being … Thanks for all of your lovely comments xx Believe me I'm ashamed of being like this, I used to be a very sensible but confident soul how ever I have being through things that I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy and sadly I'm now suffering a mental illness. What makes me most anxious is actually my Family, none of them believe in mental illness and just obsessed by material possessions! I get zero help or support from them. I do help others, I look after peoples pets when they go away, looked after my Grandparents until they sadly passed away, raise money for charities whilst working and bringing up my Children alone. If I could help the People up in London tonight I would. All I want is for my anxiety to go and to feel at peace! Thankyou xx

You WILL feel better, and you CAN do it. You sound like a lovely human being and you deserve good health. Wish you all the best!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?68
      2. Quick EBay Nectar Question33
      3. Best IPTV Currently45
      4. fitbit exchange how? (prepaid creditcard)44

See more discussions