MIRRORS on BLUE-RAY (international shipping companys????)

Found 9th Mar 2009
Hi does anyone know of any decent international companys that deal in dvd's/games and blue rays?
Me and my girlfriend want to buy MIrrors on blue-ray before it's official release here but I can't remember where to look.
We used to use a good company I think they were canadian, and we brought some PS3 games months before uk release. But I just can't for the life of me remember what company it was lol.
Appreciate the help if anyone can point me in the right directioN

THANK YOU

14 Comments

I tend to use Movietyme although their prices don't seem to be that great at the moment.

John

I use these guys quite a bit.

]http//ww…om/

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4588357

What's a Blue-ray?

Blu-ray Disc (also known as Blu-ray or BD) is an optical disc storage medium. Its main uses are high-definition video and data storage. The disc has the same physical dimensions as standard DVDs and CDs.

The name Blu-ray Disc is derived from the blue laser (violet-colored) used to read and write to this type of disc. Because of the wavelength (405 nanometres), substantially more data can be stored on a Blu-ray Disc than on the DVD format, which uses a red (650 nm) laser. A two-layer Blu-ray Disc can store 50 gigabytes, almost six times the capacity of a two-layer DVD, or ten and a half times that of a single-layer DVD.

Hopw that helps lol? ;-)

Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys, I'll check those sites out.

deepdiscount.com/vie…895

A site I've used a few times without any problems. Have you checked your player is multi-region? Or are you looking for region free discs?

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;4588332

I tend to use Movietyme although their prices don't seem to be that great … I tend to use Movietyme although their prices don't seem to be that great at the moment.John

Thanks John, great site. Found what I wanted for a good price and free uk delivery. top man :thumbsup:

Original Poster

monkey_whiskers;4588482

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=55077895A site I've … http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=55077895A site I've used a few times without any problems. Have you checked your player is multi-region? Or are you looking for region free discs?

Thanks for the reply mate. I've already used the other site but I did take a look at deepdiscount, they seem ok. Saved in my faves for another day lol.
I thought all BD movies were still multi region like ps3 games? I've never had a problem! Oh **** I hope I haven't just brought a BD movie I can't use :oops:

Ps I use my PS3 as the player... if that helps? Cheers bud

Djnino;4588502

Thanks for the reply mate. I've already used the other site but I did … Thanks for the reply mate. I've already used the other site but I did take a look at deepdiscount, they seem ok. Saved in my faves for another day lol. I thought all BD movies were still multi region like ps3 games? I've never had a problem! Oh **** I hope I haven't just brought a BD movie I can't use :oops:Ps I use my PS3 as the player... if that helps? Cheers bud

Nope, some Blu Rays are region-locked (although a lot are region-free). USA discs are region-A, and UK PS3s are region-B. Unfortunately for you, Mirrors is region-A

Check out this site to see what is and isn't region-locked

bluray.liesinc.net/

andrpro;4589838

http://www.thaidvd.biz/product_info.php?products_id=25978

BD-QuickPlay titles are High Definition movies (1080p unless otherwise … BD-QuickPlay titles are High Definition movies (1080p unless otherwise specified) on DVD discs. To ensure quality, there are no menus or special features, but there may be extra audio languages or subtitles.

Hmmm.........don't quite sound genuine to me :whistling:

Djnino;4588502

Thanks for the reply mate. I've already used the other site but I did … Thanks for the reply mate. I've already used the other site but I did take a look at deepdiscount, they seem ok. Saved in my faves for another day lol. I thought all BD movies were still multi region like ps3 games? I've never had a problem! Oh **** I hope I haven't just brought a BD movie I can't use :oops:Ps I use my PS3 as the player... if that helps? Cheers bud

Welcome! But as already stated above - not all blu-ray are region free although PS3 games are.;-)

]DVD World USA

I tend to use these as I can always tell at a glance which are multi region and which are locked to region A, they look a bit more expensive than other sites but have cheap fast shipping (which is always handy).

Mirrors is locked to region A. Cheapest way to play it would be a PC blu-ray drive and a copy of Anydvd, otherwise there really isn't much you can do about it with a PS3.

Original Poster

Wow thanks for all the help from everyone, I managed to cancel the order in time, but they kept my money as store credit the cheeky wotsits. So I ordered King Kong - Blue-ray (region free) I don't really want it but they don't have any decent titles lol!
I'll just have to wait for Mirrors to be released in region B. Great Movie though ;o)
Post a comment
@
    Text