Groups

Misinformed/misrepresented discount on phone contract upgrade, how to cancel

Warning, long post ahead.

Hi I'm looking for a little bit of advice really.

I have an ongoing complaint with a phone network, and currently with the ombudsmen service. I don't know how much you're allowed to say during this process so let's refer to them as network x for now.

I used to work for network x last year. We were informed by the store manager about the staff discount scheme and how once applied it remains on your account fir your network x customer tenure, not tied to continued employement, as long as you upgrade through a direct channel it would stay on there. I called network x customer service to check the policy and they confirmed this.

I was leaving network X soon, so I paid £260 to early upgrade my current plan to get a new phone (i didn't NEED, but wanted the discount).

I left network x as an employee about a month later. Network x sent a text to notify me of removal of the discount on my next upgrade date (2018).

I feel I have been misrepresented the terms of the discount and misinformed as to the policy surrounding this. Had the correct info been presented correctly I would not have tied myself in to a longer and larger price plan. The misinformation lead me to make a contractual purchase I would not gave usually made. I feel they have broken the consumer protection against unfair trading act and the misinformation act. I understand if they cannot honour the duscoy t the origionally claimed, but I would like to cancel and refund my early upgrade and return to my original plan that was perfectly suitable.

I have contacted network x about this and one team leader offered to cancel it fir me, then realised I purchased in store so could not cancel as they have different returns channels over the phone. The company and I went through 8 weeks of communication regarding the matter and resulted in deadlock, so it is currently with ombudsman services. Ombudsman service have said that because a copy if terms she cobditions had been presented at the time they cannot find any short comings in network x service. Yet I just called them again and they still giving out incorrect info!

I understand the whole t and c thing but if you specifically ask the question and to,d the same thing from store and customer service you're going to believe it.

I have a phone appointment with the ombudsman case worker tomorrow so was looking fir some advice before the call?

I've been doing some research into the laws and regulations I think they have broken and found this, please take a look:

If a seller presents incorrect information as fact to a consumer, which leads to the sale of a good or service - and therefore a contract being made, the consumer has the right to cancel the contract (known as rescission) and/or claim damages depending on the type of misrepresentation.

2. Negligent misrepresentation

When a statement is made carelessly and without sufficient checks to ensure the information is accurate.

!

3. Innocent misrepresentation

.A false statement is made innocently. In this instance the consumer will either be awarded damages or the contract cancelled. It’s not possible, with innocent misrepresentation for both outcomes to be awarded

I have name, time, date and site of calls I've made to check if that policy is correct. Also the network have given incorrect info to the ombudsman, they have said I process my upgrade myself, which is incorrect as I have a copy of the paperwork with an ex colleagues name all over it.

44 Comments

Brilliant someone who works for a mobile phone company doing themselves over. Beats them trying to do one on me. With all the crap about how fantastic they are then 2 months into a contract data always says 3G instead of 4G or is just crap signal all the time. Good luck tomorrow with the phone call

And you if anyone should know the pitfalls . Why are you posting on here ? to get reassurance from folk who know nothing about the arrangements , generally work perks come with working for the company giving the perks - buts that's just my experience .

It's a question of whether there is evidence of what you claim that the network has stated. Ask the Caseworker to obtain the telephone recordings of ALL conversations that you have had with Network X, this should prove (or otherwise) the veracity of your statements. Most companies record a majority (if not all conversations). The fact that you have relevant details works in your favour.

If no recording exists, the Ombudsman has to rule on a balance of probability whose evidence they believe.

You state that Network X is still giving out incorrect information, it would help if you could record this and play back to the Ombudsman. This is not conclusive proof as you could have got a friend to impersonate a Network X employee. However, if you record from the beginning without any break that records all of the automated prompts that identifies Network X, this would strengthen your case.

Good luck

Do you have any proof in writing the staff discount continues? If not I don't see how you can win your case. The ombudsman's ruling is final so if they say you have no case, you have no case. My husband told my son the moon was made of green cheese. My son believed him. The moon clearly isn't made of green cheese but I don't think my son has a case to sue for false misrepresentation. Good luck with your call tomorrow but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I were you.

I'm not 100% sure so forgive me if I'm wrong in assuming, but if your early upgrade fee was, say, to pay off the remainder of your device plan (if for example your direct debits are split into two - airtime/device plans) then a settled CCA agreement cannot be reopened and thus cannot be refunded.

Hi.

This caught my eye - I'm always looking for the best mobile deals and don't work in the phone industry.

I'm slightly confused; as I understand it, you bought out your old contract (£260) then took out a staff discount contract (new), and you were told the discount would last for the length of your new contract - not employment.

All seems fine so far.

Then, to quote...

"
    I left network x as an employee about a month later. Network x sent a text to notify me of removal of the discount on my next upgrade date (2018)."

To me that suggests that you are still getting your staff discount on your new contract even though you have left - as you had been advised.

It also suggests the discount will end when your next upgrade is due - in 2018.

This again suggests that your discount will run for the duration of your 2 year contract - as you were told.

When you upgrade it's a new contract and as such no discount would apply; the discount was for duration of contract - not for life.

Is my understanding correct?

If so I don't see where you've been mislead. .....?

I understand £260 is a lot to buy out your contract..... but it seems from my understanding you haven't been mislead. ...

Please let me know if there is more to it, or if I've read it wrong....

Good luck.
    Edited by: "Kenp8257" 1st Feb

Original Poster

Kenp8257

Hi.This caught my eye - I'm always looking for the best mobile deals and … Hi.This caught my eye - I'm always looking for the best mobile deals and don't work in the phone industry. I'm slightly confused; as I understand it, you bought out your old contract (£260) then took out a staff discount contract (new), and you were told the discount would last for the length of your new contract - not employment. All seems fine so far.Then, to quote..."I left network x as an employee about a month later. Network x sent a text to notify me of removal of the discount on my next upgrade date (2018)."To me that suggests that you are still getting your staff discount on your new contract even though you have left - as you had been advised.It also suggests the discount will end when your next upgrade is due - in 2018.This again suggests that your discount will run for the duration of your 2 year contract - as you were told. When you upgrade it's a new contract and as such no discount would apply; the discount was for duration of contract - not for life.Is my understanding correct? If so I don't see where you've been mislead. .....?I understand £260 is a lot to buy out your contract..... but it seems from my understanding you haven't been mislead. ...Please let me know if there is more to it, or if I've read it wrong....Good luck.

Okay so the discount was presented in a way that it remains on your account for your entire customer tenure, not just the current contractual period. I have processed upgrades for ex employees who do indeed keep the discount after leaving the company, so long as they upgrade through a direct channel (network store, call centre, website). As soon as you swap providers or upgrade through carphone etc you lose it. But that is not what is happening to me, I will have the discount removed from the account in 2018.

If they can't honour that, then all I am asking is to cancel the current plan. I'm not asking to leave them, just revert to my old plan and continue as a normal customer.

I have the details of one of the calls (advisor name, site they worked, date, and time) of one of the times I was told this,
    Edited by: "posman" 1st Feb

Original Poster

missy89

I'm not 100% sure so forgive me if I'm wrong in assuming, but if your … I'm not 100% sure so forgive me if I'm wrong in assuming, but if your early upgrade fee was, say, to pay off the remainder of your device plan (if for example your direct debits are split into two - airtime/device plans) then a settled CCA agreement cannot be reopened and thus cannot be refunded.

It's non split billing, not airtime + device plan, it's a tradition fixed contract. There is an option to reverse it, recommitting me to the old bill amount until the old end of commitment date.

posman

Okay so the discount was presented in a way that it remains on your … Okay so the discount was presented in a way that it remains on your account for your entire EE customer tenure, not just the current contractual period. I have processed upgrades for ex employees who do indeed keep the discount after leaving the company, so long as they upgrade through a direct channel (network store, call centre, website). As soon as you swap providers or upgrade through carphone etc you lose it. But that is not what is happening to me, I will have the discount removed from the account in 2018. If they can't honour that, then all I am asking is to cancel the current plan. I'm not asking to leave them, just revert to my old plan and continue as a normal customer. I have the details of one of the calls (advisor name, site they worked, date, and time) of one of the times I was told this,

You can't really claim for anything at all. I assume you were on friends and family before, which continues through the upgrade process (as long as it is done through EE itself rather than a third party). You're now apparently on some employee scheme which expires at the end of the contract in 2018. You've still got the contract you signed up for at the price agreed and for the duration of the agreed contract so you can't claim to have been put out of pocket or anything as you'll be free to move elsewhere once this contract ends.

It's bad luck but you basically have no rights whatsoever. At the end of the day you're still receiving a discounted tariff at a price you agreed to. Upon the expiry of that contract EE doesn't have any obligations at all - any friends and family discounts are a perk, so even if you had them before they're not legally obliged to keep them on your line.

Original Poster

misterleoni

You can't really claim for anything at all. I assume you were on friends … You can't really claim for anything at all. I assume you were on friends and family before, which continues through the upgrade process (as long as it is done through EE itself rather than a third party). You're now apparently on some employee scheme which expires at the end of the contract in 2018. You've still got the contract you signed up for at the price agreed and for the duration of the agreed contract so you can't claim to have been put out of pocket or anything as you'll be free to move elsewhere once this contract ends. It's bad luck but you basically have no rights whatsoever. At the end of the day you're still receiving a discounted tariff at a price you agreed to. Upon the expiry of that contract EE doesn't have any obligations at all - any friends and family discounts are a perk, so even if you had them before they're not legally obliged to keep them on your line.

But what I'm saying is if I hadn't been continually told it would stay, including from the call centre with recorded calls, I would not have paid to early upgrade and gone on a higher plan. Them misrepresenting the discount lead me to make a contractual purchase I otherwise would not have made

"We were informed by the store manager about the staff discount scheme and how once applied it remains on your account fir your network x customer tenure, not tied to continued employement, as long as you upgrade through a direct channel it would stay on there. I called network x customer service to check the policy and they confirmed this."

I see your point now - you are arguing you were led to believe discount would stay for life/as long as you stated with EE and upgraded with them. Regardless of whether you were an employee or not.

You don't have any of this in writing..... do you by any chance have a recorded call to back up your claim?

Without this I don't think you have any case....

Maybe call again, say you're recording and ask the policy?

I agree you wouldn't have done the buyout if only for contract period. ....

Sadly without evidence I'm not sure what you can do.....

All seems to boil down to 'customer tenure' - does that mean life or contract?

posman

But what I'm saying is if I hadn't been continually told it would stay, … But what I'm saying is if I hadn't been continually told it would stay, including from the call centre with recorded calls, I would not have paid to early upgrade and gone on a higher plan. Them misrepresenting the discount lead me to make a contractual purchase I otherwise would not have made

I think the problem you have is that they aren't obliged to offer discount anyway and the discount extends to the full extend of the contract. They could just as easily say 'ok we will give you your old contract back but we aren't obliged to leave F&F on it' - which is true. Would you still want your old contract if this is so? They can't reverse back to your old contract anyway as far as I'm aware as you've left it too long if you upgraded last year.

Original Poster

misterleoni

I think the problem you have is that they aren't obliged to offer … I think the problem you have is that they aren't obliged to offer discount anyway and the discount extends to the full extend of the contract. They could just as easily say 'ok we will give you your old contract back but we aren't obliged to leave F&F on it' - which is true. Would you still want your old contract if this is so? They can't reverse back to your old contract anyway as far as I'm aware as you've left it too long if you upgraded last year.

It was late last year, and I didn't have discount before, so precious price plan without discount would be fine

Original Poster

Kenp8257

"We were informed by the store manager about the staff discount scheme … "We were informed by the store manager about the staff discount scheme and how once applied it remains on your account fir your network x customer tenure, not tied to continued employement, as long as you upgrade through a direct channel it would stay on there. I called network x customer service to check the policy and they confirmed this."I see your point now - you are arguing you were led to believe discount would stay for life/as long as you stated with EE and upgraded with them. Regardless of whether you were an employee or not.You don't have any of this in writing..... do you by any chance have a recorded call to back up your claim?Without this I don't think you have any case....Maybe call again, say you're recording and ask the policy?I agree you wouldn't have done the buyout if only for contract period. ....Sadly without evidence I'm not sure what you can do.....All seems to boil down to 'customer tenure' - does that mean life or contract?

I don't have the call recording, but do have time date etc from when one of the calls took place (I have called again since complaint also and again told the same. So they are still misinforming people about the terms)

Why on earth would you think you'd continue getting staff discount for a company you no longer work for once your current contract has ended???

Legally you haven't got a leg to stand on here.

Probably haven't got one morally either tbh.

Original Poster

CaptainSocks

Why on earth would you think you'd continue getting staff discount for a … Why on earth would you think you'd continue getting staff discount for a company you no longer work for once your current contract has ended??? Legally you haven't got a leg to stand on here. Probably haven't got one morally either tbh.

Because it stays on everyone else's accounts, store manager informed me of this, customer service informed me of this etc...

If that's the case - call back and ask conditions etc again - informing them you're recording the call.....

Specifically ask if discount continues AFTER contract ends and you renew...

If they say it does you then have recorded evidence - this will then back up your claim.

Other than that I don't think you have a case to argue.

Good luck

If this is EE.... the terms of the discount have been the same for the last 3 or so years. When the person who applied the discount leaves, the discount is removed when they next upgrade or current contract expires. When the discount was added this would have been advised.

This is only for discounts added within the last 3 or so years. Discount added prior to this date would stay "for life" and not be removed at the end of the contract.

If this isnt EE it doesnt matter.
    Edited by: "theone" 1st Feb

I had a friend who worked for tmobile and I took a contract on their friends and family discount in 2004. this discount has applied to every new contract I've had with them through EE too, even though the friend no longer works for them and she isn't a friend anymore

waynehardy

I had a friend who worked for tmobile and I took a contract on their … I had a friend who worked for tmobile and I took a contract on their friends and family discount in 2004. this discount has applied to every new contract I've had with them through EE too, even though the friend no longer works for them and she isn't a friend anymore

That would be over three years ago then, right?

Not sure why the OP would want to downgrade to a contract that doesn't have discount anyway - why does it matter? I'm confused as to your motivations in this matter. Did you get a phone as part of this contract?

Just to recap - and I hope I'm understanding this right

The OP upgraded from a contract they previously had with no discount on it to a contract with discount on it. They had to pay off their original contract but presumably got a phone included to motivate them in this pursuit.

The OP now wishes to cancel this contract owing to the fact that they have come to the knowledge that the gratuitous employee discount they received on this contract only extends as long as the length of contract. The OP assumed that the discount would be forever like Friends and family.

My question is: if you had no discount *anyway* and now have discount, albeit of a finite length. Why are you any worse off to the point where you could pursue a claim? Whilst it might be true that you were misinformed about the reality of this discount, I doubt it was intentional - what would they have had to benefit from this? On top of this, you got the cheap contract, you (presumably) got a handset and you are free to move on and find a better deal when the contract is up and the discount ends. What benefit would you have in going back to square one?

Forgive me if I've misunderstood.
    Edited by: "misterleoni" 1st Feb

Original Poster

misterleoni

Just to recap - and I hope I'm understanding this right The OP upgraded … Just to recap - and I hope I'm understanding this right The OP upgraded from a contract they previously had with no discount on it to a contract with discount on it. They had to pay off their original contract but presumably got a phone included to motivate them in this pursuit. The OP now wishes to cancel this contract owing to the fact that they have come to the knowledge that the gratuitous employee discount they received on this contract only extends as long as the length of contract. The OP assumed that the discount would be forever like Friends and family.

The discount is friends and family. I did not assume, I was directly told this, and even did my homework to make sure, and have records of the time and dates of the calls.

misterleoni

My question is: if you had no discount *anyway* and now have discount, … My question is: if you had no discount *anyway* and now have discount, albeit of a finite length. Why are you any worse off to the point where you could pursue a claim? Whilst it might be true that you were misinformed about the reality of this discount, I doubt it was intentional - what would they have had to benefit from this?

So the discount was misrepresented to me, and I agree I doubt it was a intentional, however that still lead to a contractual purchase I would not have ordinarily made. If a seller presents incorrect information as fact to a consumer, which leads to the sale of a good or service - and therefore a contract being made, the consumer has the right to cancel the contract (known as rescission) and/or claim damages depending on the type of misrepresentation.

When a statement is made carelessly and without sufficient checks to ensure the information is accurate.

A false statement is made innocently. In this instance the consumer will either be awarded damages or the contract cancelled. It’s not possible, with innocent misrepresentation for both outcomes to be awarded

misterleoni

On top of this, you got the cheap contract, you (presumably) got a … On top of this, you got the cheap contract, you (presumably) got a handset and you are free to move on and find a better deal when the contract is up and the discount ends. What benefit would you have in going back to square one?Forgive me if I've misunderstood.

There was a handset included yes. The current plan is a much larger one (My own choice of plan at the time) but I paid to early upgrade specifically to gain the discount on the terms it had been presented on.

If you were offered a package with discount so long as you don't switch provider (double checked with a store manager and the customer service department), and paid £260 plus a higher monthly bill only to find out that is not the case, the discount will remove and your paying more on the basis of what is essentially a lie, I assume you would all be a little peeved too.

Your post (misterleoni post #21) sums it up very well.

I think the OP is aggrieved that no discount for life and that he's had to pay £260 (buyout) for a 2 year discount.

You raise a good point though, in that if the discount over the length of the contract is greater than the £260 buyout, then he's actually benefitted from what's happened.

And as you say, once the 2 year discounted contract ends he's no worse off than before.

So in fact..... as matters stand, the discount ends after two years (late 2018) and as long as his discount is more than £11 per month the OP is actually better off as he's saved more than his £260 buyout.

Personally I'd be upset on buying something that was not as described - but unless the OP has proof I do not see where the OP can go.

At least it would seen the OP has not lost out overall.....

So when you applied for the discount did you do this yourself?

Original Poster

theone

So when you applied for the discount did you do this yourself?

No, I didn't do it myself

Kenp8257

Your post (misterleoni post #21) sums it up very well.I think the OP is … Your post (misterleoni post #21) sums it up very well.I think the OP is aggrieved that no discount for life and that he's had to pay £260 (buyout) for a 2 year discount. You raise a good point though, in that if the discount over the length of the contract is greater than the £260 buyout, then he's actually benefitted from what's happened.And as you say, once the 2 year discounted contract ends he's no worse off than before. So in fact..... as matters stand, the discount ends after two years (late 2018) and as long as his discount is more than £11 per month the OP is actually better off as he's saved more than his £260 buyout.Personally I'd be upset on buying something that was not as described - but unless the OP has proof I do not see where the OP can go.At least it would seen the OP has not lost out overall.....

He wouldn't be out of pocket though as he got a phone out of it. Unless the phone is worth less than £260 then I don't see what the problem is. No contract exists that says 'you will get a discount for life'. The OP seems to be an expert anyway though so I'm not really sure what the value of this thread is to him or her.

Does the OP want to keep the handset or give it back and get the £260 back after however many months?
    Edited by: "misterleoni" 1st Feb

Original Poster

misterleoni

He wouldn't be out of pocket though as he got a phone out of it. Unless … He wouldn't be out of pocket though as he got a phone out of it. Unless the phone is worth less than £260 then I don't see what the problem is. No contract exists that says 'you will get a discount for life'. The OP seems to be an expert anyway though so I'm not really sure what the value of this thread is to him or her.

My argument is not about the value. The amount I pay is more now than before, and I don't mind that, that isn't the issue. The whole issue is being sold something on the basis of a lie/untrue statement

I want to give the handset back, get my £260 early upgrade fee back , and be tied back into contract for the remaining months of the old plan.
    Edited by: "posman" 1st Feb

posman

No, I didn't do it myself

If it was done on your behalf, the person doing it should have made you aware of the terms. It states that the person having the discount agrees to the terms. If these were not read you can hardly blame anybody else. It makes no difference what you were told and by who as on signing up to the discount you agree to the terms in which you are now being held to.

Original Poster

theone

If it was done on your behalf, the person doing it should have made you … If it was done on your behalf, the person doing it should have made you aware of the terms. It states that the person having the discount agrees to the terms. If these were not read you can hardly blame anybody else. It makes no difference what you were told and by who as on signing up to the discount you agree to the terms in which you are now being held to.

To be fair, the terms and conditions of the contract state that if there is a clash between the the written terms and conditions and the agreement then what the agreement says is right. the contract also says on the top of it how the agreement can be terminated if there is any inaccurate information...

I get the point your making, but that is besides the point, the presentation of the discount still lead to a contractual purchase I would not have ordinarily made. If a seller presents incorrect information as fact to a consumer, which leads to the sale of a good or service - and therefore a contract being made, the consumer has the right to cancel the contract (known as rescission) and/or claim damages depending on the type of misrepresentation.

A false statement is made innocently. In this instance the consumer will either be awarded damages or the contract cancelled. It’s not possible, with innocent misrepresentation for both outcomes to be awarded

Also under the consumer protection from unfair trading regulations 2008 (a Which? guide on the act) there is a new amendment in 2014 allowing new rights to redress from a contract

As of 1st October 2014 new amendments have been made to the Regulations … As of 1st October 2014 new amendments have been made to the Regulations which give you new rights to redress - if you've been the victim of a misleading action - for example a false statement - or aggressive selling.

Did the contract you signed state the discount was for longer than the length of the contract?

I'm surprised being an employee of the company you were not aware of the biggest benefit of being an employee and the terms of that benefit. on having the discount applied, you agreed to additional terms and conditions. The biggest one being the discount will be removed at the end of the contact if the employee who added the discount leaves the company.

I am not sure why this was done by someone on your behalf as all employees have access to apply for the discount.

Original Poster

theone

Did the contract you signed state the discount was for longer than the … Did the contract you signed state the discount was for longer than the length of the contract?I'm surprised being an employee of the company you were not aware of the biggest benefit of being an employee and the terms of that benefit.

As I was not aware I took the time to find out (asking a store manager and the customer service team)
    theone

on having the discount applied, you agreed to additional terms and … on having the discount applied, you agreed to additional terms and conditions. The biggest one being the discount will be removed at the end of the contact if the employee who added the discount leaves the company. I am not sure why this was done by someone on your behalf as all employees have access to apply for the discount.

I feel like you're missing the point a little bit, the issues isn't that I want a discount for a term that doesn't exist, I want either the package as offered, or to redress from the contract.

I checked policy, I followed the rules and made a purchase, I have since been informed the policy was incorrect, and had be incorrectly presented to me by the manager and customer service teams, I don't get the package as originally agreed, because it was misrepresented to me, albeit innocently or negligently, the terms of this do break the law.

theone

Did the contract you signed state the discount was for longer than the … Did the contract you signed state the discount was for longer than the length of the contract?I'm surprised being an employee of the company you were not aware of the biggest benefit of being an employee and the terms of that benefit.

theone

on having the discount applied, you agreed to additional terms and … on having the discount applied, you agreed to additional terms and conditions. The biggest one being the discount will be removed at the end of the contact if the employee who added the discount leaves the company. I am not sure why this was done by someone on your behalf as all employees have access to apply for the discount.

I don't agree but hope it works out with the ombudsman.

Original Poster

Here is another point for you, this is not directly the same as my case, but does go toward making the same point.

In this said network, if a customer goes from pay as you go to pay monthly they get a 20% monthly recurring discount from their plan. When a customer signs up to this they are made aware of it, BUT it does not print the 20% on the contract, the contract states the full original price of the plan, and discount is applied after. Lets say the customer goes for a hypothetical £20 tariff, with their 20% off, that means the agreed price is £16 pcm... If the discount does not get applied, if they customer made a complaint the network could say no your contract says £20 per month. They have signed a contract for £20 per month, not £16. As the price and discount term is not written on the contract surely the customer would have no leg to stand on by your reasoning?

In which case why don't sales people just BS more, just tell them anything in order to get the signature?

theone

theone

That as may be - but the big problem here is that currently you do not have any evidence that you have been mislead or incorrectly given information which has lead you to the current situation; unless customer services/store manager admit they incorrectly told you this (or provide a copy of the call), I do not see where you can go with this.

You need to get evidence somehow to be able to pursue this further. .....

Original Poster

theone

I don't agree but hope it works out with the ombudsman.

I don't understand what there is to not agree with? A package was offered, I did not know the terms, so checked (have details of the calls), the terms presented (with proof, via calls) were not stuck too, hence the service is not what was agreed? The agreed plan was the deal presented at the time...

Original Poster

Kenp8257

That as may be - but the big problem here is that currently you do not … That as may be - but the big problem here is that currently you do not have any evidence that you have been mislead or incorrectly given information which has lead you to the current situation; unless customer services/store manager admit they incorrectly told you this (or provide a copy of the call), I do not see where you can go with this. You need to get evidence somehow to be able to pursue this further. .....

The only proof I have is times, dates, site they worked at and name of the customer service manager who told me the information.

posman

The only proof I have is times, dates, site they worked at and name of … The only proof I have is times, dates, site they worked at and name of the customer service manager who told me the information.

So you want to put your contract back as it was, receive a refund and give your handset back to them? You haven't fully qualified what you want to achieve.

Original Poster

misterleoni

So you want to put your contract back as it was, receive a refund and … So you want to put your contract back as it was, receive a refund and give your handset back to them? You haven't fully qualified what you want to achieve.

Yeah. I want to be put back exactly how I was before this whole situation started. Return the phone to them, refund for my early upgrade fee, and placed back on my old plan tied in until my old contract end date.
    posman

My argument is not about the value. The amount I pay is more now than … My argument is not about the value. The amount I pay is more now than before, and I don't mind that, that isn't the issue. The whole issue is being sold something on the basis of a lie/untrue statementI want to give the handset back, get my £260 early upgrade fee back , and be tied back into contract for the remaining months of the old plan.

I think the problem you have is that you can't prove it. EE won't give up blame easily so you'd probably have to take them to court. I'm pretty sure my contract doesn't mention any discounts either.

Your contract is for a fixed length, and you are entitled to that at a discount because of your employment. If the phone operator doesnt want to continue your contract and then can make the decision any time they want, then you don't have a say in it.

Clear cut IMHO you arent going to get anything out of this...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions