Expired

Missed first year service on leased car. What can I do?

Found 15th Mar 2016
I took a lease deal out in October 2014. I've just looked now and realised I've missed my first years service and that car has done roughly 14,000 miles. Does anyone know where i stand with this and what I can do?
Community Updates
AskCarCar Leasing
9 Comments
Just go get it done now. Can't turn back the clock and it will be fine anyway
Just get it serviced now then
Will it not affect the warranty and I'll be charged when i return the car?
Bane17

Will it not affect the warranty and I'll be charged when i return the car?

IMO as a fleet manager it probably will not be checked. They might notice if one stamp is missing but if you get it done, no one will care.

As far as warranty goes. IME if you got down the line and fault was caused by improper service you might have an issue. Normally the dealers/manufactures ask you make up the services at the point you might make a claim. So if you might have to have a few things done that should have been on a previous service.
just get it stamped in as a long life service. no problems.
Get it serviced, be polite, and ask if they could 'accidentally' note the mileage down wrong ;-)
Python

Get it serviced, be polite, and ask if they could 'accidentally' note the … Get it serviced, be polite, and ask if they could 'accidentally' note the mileage down wrong ;-)

Agree with this lol. Maybe chuck the guy an extra tenner or so.
when is 1st service due?
some new vehicles are 20k miles/2years.

my daughter had a 1yr old fiat 500, done 5,500 miles after 1 year, garage wanted £200 for service, I checked book, no service was due! garage accepted this.
richje100

Agree with this lol. Maybe chuck the guy an extra tenner or so.

will need to get the date wrong as well being an approved garage normally for lease deals

Edited by: "Infractionboi" 16th Mar 2016

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants