Missed RM special delivery parcel - collect same day

Posted 26th Nov
I stayed in today and still missed my parcel.... will it be there if I went to collect it tonight?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Tells you on the card when you can collect. Usually at least 24hrs.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 26th Nov
yorkie1226/11/2019 13:13

Tells you on the card when you can collect. Usually at least 24hrs.

Says next working day but I want to pick it up today. Wondering if anyone has had any luck collecting it same day
Officially no.. unofficially yeah it’ll be there probably no later than 3 when Postie finishes and takes it to post office. There is a very small chance the Postie doesn’t have time so keeps it at sorting office to drop at post office before it opens in the morning but I’d say it’s 95% sure to be there at 3 ish.
If you have only just missed it you may see the little red van still around your area.
I’m a Postie. What you could do if really need it is ring sorting office. If you’ve been in all day though the Postie might be cheating. He is supposed to be at yours before 1 and sometimes instead of doing that they scan the parcel and pretend no one was in and then later when he gets there he will scan again. Do you live a distance from sorting office and normally get your post after 1??
yorkie1226/11/2019 13:16

If you have only just missed it you may see the little red van still …If you have only just missed it you may see the little red van still around your area.

She was in all day. My guess is he hasn’t even been and he just scanned parcel or he’d get in trouble for not trying to deliver before 1
toge26/11/2019 13:14

Says next working day but I want to pick it up today. Wondering if anyone …Says next working day but I want to pick it up today. Wondering if anyone has had any luck collecting it same day

yes it's possible as i've done that before
toonsquirel26/11/2019 13:16

I’m a Postie. What you could do if really need it is ring sorting office. I …I’m a Postie. What you could do if really need it is ring sorting office. If you’ve been in all day though the Postie might be cheating. He is supposed to be at yours before 1 and sometimes instead of doing that they scan the parcel and pretend no one was in and then later when he gets there he will scan again. Do you live a distance from sorting office and normally get your post after 1??

I live 3.2 miles from the delivery office. Yes I normally get letters after 1. I tried ringing my sorting office but the automated system is rubbish - any advice/tips?
toonsquirel26/11/2019 13:17

She was in all day. My guess is he hasn’t even been and he just scanned p …She was in all day. My guess is he hasn’t even been and he just scanned parcel or he’d get in trouble for not trying to deliver before 1

Btw I did get the red leaflet through at 1230... Didn't hear anything though
toge26/11/2019 13:30

Btw I did get the red leaflet through at 1230... Didn't hear anything …Btw I did get the red leaflet through at 1230... Didn't hear anything though

Oh then they won’t be back, when we take the parcel back to post office we scan it into the post office. So track your parcel and at the minute it’ll show attempted delivery at 12.30. At some point today that will update and you’ll see another ‘delivered to coronation street post office at 15.00’ or whatever your post office is. Once it shows that you can go collect it.
toge26/11/2019 13:30

Btw I did get the red leaflet through at 1230... Didn't hear anything …Btw I did get the red leaflet through at 1230... Didn't hear anything though

Seems kinda unlikely that a postie would go to the trouble of writing a card, shove it thru your letterbox and then sprint away from the door clutching on to a package that (s)he would desperately not want to take back to the sorting office and possibly have to go through the whole delivery / non-delivery process again next day. Unless there's a book running at your local PDO on which postie doesn't deliver the most items, in which case your postie is probably Charlie Sheen and winning.
toge26/11/2019 13:27

I live 3.2 miles from the delivery office. Yes I normally get letters …I live 3.2 miles from the delivery office. Yes I normally get letters after 1. I tried ringing my sorting office but the automated system is rubbish - any advice/tips?

If your really really desperate though you could look for the Postie if you know his route, it might already be at post office cos some drop them off when near by to save carrying them all day.
toonsquirel26/11/2019 13:40

If your really really desperate though you could look for the Postie if …If your really really desperate though you could look for the Postie if you know his route, it might already be at post office cos some drop them off when near by to save carrying them all day.

looks like its back at the DO - im out of the house!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants