Groups

Missing £50 payment

Every month I pay my virgin bill via online banking,its set up within my payees and has been for the last year or so,20th June I sent a payment of £50.
    My new bill is in and it states I havent paid last months,I checked my online bak to make sure and yes the payment has gone,same ref number etc that I have used for the last year so nothing out of the ordinary.

So where's my £50?! bank say virgin have it,virgin say bank must have it I'm just going round in circles and to top it all virgin have added a £10 late charge fee to my account,any ideas on how I can find out where my £50 is?

17 Comments

can't you send them a copy of your bank statement to prove payment has been made?

ring them and check your reference number and draw their attention to it currently going through this with my mum in law but hers was direct debit i will let you know what happens

Original Poster

think;2544875

can't you send them a copy of your bank statement to prove payment has … can't you send them a copy of your bank statement to prove payment has been made?

any ideas of where to send it? I dont get a paper bill its an e bill so have no address to send it to and to be honest its very hard to understand the foreigners answering the phone at virgins end

Original Poster

linw;2544891

ring them and check your reference number and draw their attention to it … ring them and check your reference number and draw their attention to it currently going through this with my mum in law but hers was direct debit i will let you know what happens

is that a virgin thing too?

As think says, send them a copy of your bank statements highlighting the payments made. After that, the matter should be between your bank and virgin to sort out.
    This happened to me once a few years ago with Liverpool City Council. They claimed I had not paid the then rates, but I had kept all the payment details. Later they admitted that it was a computer glitch.

]Clicky
    Click above for contact details... your welcome

Send the documents by Recorded Delivery

Original Poster

just spoken to virgin again,it appears my online payments are still set up to my previous ntl account number,this has been the case for the last 14 months,now virgin have taken over the account numbers for each person have changed so my payment is in limbo somewhere,i dont see why they just cant take it from my ntl account and credit the virgin account with it gosh what a palava!

Are you getting the £10 late fee back ?

Original Poster

PasPer2;2544958

Are you getting the £10 late fee back ?

NO :o(

Typical Virgin Media, Their forever ripping people off, They tried it with me several times, charging wrong amounts ( Usually for TV and Phone which I never had ). Also when I was a new customer they charged the normal price instead of the promotional price. In the end I switched to BT and their billing is better but I've got speed problems with BT

Original Poster

Just spoken to the bank again who have confirmed that if a payment goes to a wrong account etc it is returned to the payee's account within 6 days,the guy was amazed that virgin are saying they havent got the £50 when they clearly have!

Kick up big style about the late fee. No way you should have to pay that.

I keep hearing that virgin have the best customer service around yet my experience has been awful and most of the people I speak to have been the same. Where are all the satisfied customers that fill the surveys in. Are they virgin customer service employees?

Mardyass;2544950

gosh what a palava!

i like palava, especially with whipped cream and strawberries on the top!

Original Poster

hellfire;2545199

Kick up big style about the late fee. No way you should have to pay … Kick up big style about the late fee. No way you should have to pay that.I keep hearing that virgin have the best customer service around yet my experience has been awful and most of the people I speak to have been the same. Where are all the satisfied customers that fill the surveys in. Are they virgin customer service employees?

I dont think I should have to pay the £10 late payment fee either but virgin have basically said tough we havent got the £50 so I have to pay it

Mardyass;2545936

I dont think I should have to pay the £10 late payment fee either but … I dont think I should have to pay the £10 late payment fee either but virgin have basically said tough we havent got the £50 so I have to pay it

you stated that they took over somebody else and you continued to make payments to them. if Virgin didn't write to you telling you that you had to change your direct debit details, then demand your money back as they didn't inform you that things were changing

Original Poster

PapaSmurf;2546218

you stated that they took over somebody else and you continued to make … you stated that they took over somebody else and you continued to make payments to them. if Virgin didn't write to you telling you that you had to change your direct debit details, then demand your money back as they didn't inform you that things were changing

all payments went through fine on those details up until 20th june,sent virgin a right stonking email and ahmed hashim has just rung and told me oh how sorry he is but they havent got the payment blah blah blah,will send em a print out of my statement and the email from the bank stating they do have it but all the time my account is in arrears and as he said if i dont pay it my services are likely to be cut off:x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​22
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764332
      3. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831429
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846229

See more discussions