Missing cashback claim Topcashback

Found 24th Jun 2016
I had submitted a missing cashback claim on Topcashback as the cashback paid was less than that advertised. It had been waiting for about 7 months under 'waiting for merchant' but now has changed to 'under review' status.

Anyone know what this means? I don't recollect coming across 'under review' status before.
Community Updates
AskCashback
12 Comments
Probably a case of TCB asking the merchant the reason why it was reduced.

I've got two cases open at the minute, one for slow payment and the other was "declined" Never had any problems the last couple of years but this year ive had 4 cases opened and closed already. Not impressed, although they have all been resolved satisfactorily.
Original Poster
mclovin9091

Probably a case of TCB asking the merchant the reason why it was … Probably a case of TCB asking the merchant the reason why it was reduced.I've got two cases open at the minute, one for slow payment and the other was "declined" Never had any problems the last couple of years but this year ive had 4 cases opened and closed already. Not impressed, although they have all been resolved satisfactorily.

Don't usually have problems with TCB but have two opened at the moment which I have put down to the merchant rather than TCB.
Not sure, seems to be a lot more complains this year. Or perhaps I'm just noticing them more due to having issues myself.

might be a case of either party just trying it on to see how many complain/chase it up. I've always said that if your gas/leccy/phone bill was 1p out (even 10p), it might not be anything worthwhile chasing them for and pretty petty if you did. However what if it was each month and every customer the company would be making a considerable amount of extra income.
Banned
I'm having a couple of problems with them too. some un track.

did you use a code? happened to me with very
Original Poster
sofiasar

I'm having a couple of problems with them too. some un track. did you use … I'm having a couple of problems with them too. some un track. did you use a code? happened to me with very

i didn't use the code with the first one but the second one i did but the website had a click button to claim cashback with code so it should work.
Banned
mutley1

i didn't use the code with the first one but the second one i did but the … i didn't use the code with the first one but the second one i did but the website had a click button to claim cashback with code so it should work.

​hope you get your money mutley. it's annoying when it's like £30 and you don't receive a penny.
mclovin9091

Probably a case of TCB asking the merchant the reason why it was … Probably a case of TCB asking the merchant the reason why it was reduced.I've got two cases open at the minute, one for slow payment and the other was "declined" Never had any problems the last couple of years but this year ive had 4 cases opened and closed already. Not impressed, although they have all been resolved satisfactorily.

What is a case for "slow payment"? I ask as I have a CPW transaction from November that is now 7 months (!) stuck on "Tracked". The customer support is appalling.
Ferris

What is a case for "slow payment"? I ask as I have a CPW transaction … What is a case for "slow payment"? I ask as I have a CPW transaction from November that is now 7 months (!) stuck on "Tracked". The customer support is appalling.

One of the opens ones now is. I'm sitting on 6 months waiting. I just keep pestering them.

I had one before was a bookies that was giving £30 cashback for a deposit and bet £10, which they declined. Months later i agreed that the cashback isn't guaranteed but argued that i had followed their T+Cs so the cashback should be payable unless a reason could be given. TCB claimed to give me the £30 as a goodwill gesture on behalf of the bookie.
Original Poster
Ferris

What is a case for "slow payment"? I ask as I have a CPW transaction … What is a case for "slow payment"? I ask as I have a CPW transaction from November that is now 7 months (!) stuck on "Tracked". The customer support is appalling.

if you look at the payment stats for CPW then raise a customer support complaint. it should move to confirm by now. it could take 7 months to payment but does seem very long on tracked.
mutley1

if you look at the payment stats for CPW then raise a customer support … if you look at the payment stats for CPW then raise a customer support complaint. it should move to confirm by now. it could take 7 months to payment but does seem very long on tracked.

The payment stats say "5 weeks", and that transactions completed long after mine have already been paid out. I've been emailing them every two months or so as this ludicrous situation has progressed, and they just keep saying "Can you wait a little longer please?"

I've always championed TCB, but this is dreadful.
Original Poster
Ferris

The payment stats say "5 weeks", and that transactions completed long … The payment stats say "5 weeks", and that transactions completed long after mine have already been paid out. I've been emailing them every two months or so as this ludicrous situation has progressed, and they just keep saying "Can you wait a little longer please?"I've always championed TCB, but this is dreadful.

did you raise a dispute via the customer care option on your account? there is a nudge option for chase ups so i never bother emailing. the nudge serves to do that.
mutley1

did you raise a dispute via the customer care option on your account? … did you raise a dispute via the customer care option on your account? there is a nudge option for chase ups so i never bother emailing. the nudge serves to do that.

How do you raise a dispute for a transaction not progressing (rather than not tracking or incorrectly declined)?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants