missing files when upgrading iphone

6 replies
Found 20th Mar 2010
My iphone 2g was running firmware 1.1.4 - was unlocked/jailbreaked using liberty
I upgraded to firmware 3.1.3 and was planning to use redsn0w 0.9.4 to unlock/jailbreak it.
When I launch redsn0w I cant do nothing as I for some reason havent got an application data folder in my documents.
I am running windows xp

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
6 Comments

Try unlocking with Sn0wbreeze

Original Poster

tried using sn0wbreeze but it is asking me to browse for the 3.1.2 ipsw file (same as redsn0w did)which I hvent got (downloaded it and unzipped it but dont know what to do with it).
I have watched numerous videos on youtube and read loads of guides and all seem to be accessing the 3.1.2 ipsw via the follwing

Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\YOUR-WINDOWS-USERNAME\Applicati… Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates\

which i dont have

Whenever I did it I unzipped the folder to desktop
opened redsnow
browsed to desktop for Ipsw
enter

Original Poster

The 3.1.2 file i downloaded I have unzipped to my desktop but i cant seem to find the right file - nothing contains an ipsw file

You sure you downloaded the right one?
If o remember right the file was about 180mb

Original Poster

all sorted now - many thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition68738
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…22
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions