Missing Items from Order at Tesco Direct!!!!!!

Found 2nd Apr 2008
Received my order from Tesco Direct today, for a Samsung GX-1L Digital SLR twin lens kit and there is NO camera body in the box All Tescos will do is give me a refund. I have purchased nearly £400.00 worth of accessories on ebay I can not of course get a refund on these. This is the second time I have had a problem with missing items from Tesco Direct

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
27 Comments

why cant they replace?

arrrggggghhhhhhhhhh get on to them now and make sure you use the saynoto0870.com/com…php for phone number - be calm be very calm explain situation to them i.e spending all that money - do not be fobbed off - if c/s is not capable of seeing the severity of this ask very nicely to speak to manager - failing that ring head office ask to speak to accounts/customer service/ projects manager or secretary

please dont give up too much at stake - they can get you another one at there expense - keep us informed

Original Poster

louloo;1819190

why cant they replace?

Sorry, this product has been discontinued.:x

it may be discontinued at tescos but i bet they have it in jessops or the like - make them get you one

I ordered an ipod nano a couple of years ago from littlewoods as an xmas present with weeks in advance of xmas. It turned up two weeks before xmas - just a torn and bashed box with instructions and headphones but no nano!! I phoned them only to be told they were out of stock and couldnt get another that close to xmas so was well unimpressed.

I have recieved my order this morning from tesco direct, I ordered 6 items and recieved only 2, I have rang and they explained the items are out of stock, they did NOT send me an email letting me know this, at this moment in time I am waiting for the girl to ring me back after my being on the phone to her for 17 mins. She cannot work out how much to refund me, ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

dcx_badass;1819253

In this case I would make them get you a new one, or compensate you, ring … In this case I would make them get you a new one, or compensate you, ring trading standards, and hint to Tesco about the small claims court.

totally agree but try the nicely nicely approach first - i would even try going to your local store preferably a superstore as there aere more people about - get manager down and explain to him - store will have a tesco direct in store so he cant say to ring them up - sometimes it better to stand in front of someone and state your case

I found a real bargain last year, ordered, was charged, given delivery date, no items.
When I rang they were out of stock and discontinued, wouldn,t even apologise.
Went to head office etc, fobbed me off with "take your details for when they come back" I already knew there were no more, took four calls to get refund. Still have the order awaiting delivery on my account (order was in October 07) Absolute rubbish customer service, trained to do nothing except get you off the phone.!!!

i brought a TV through them and they delivered to my 'neighbour', who actually was someone living half way up the street whom id never met or knew. Could have easily been nicked. what made it more annoying is that i was in all day waiting...

Original Poster

I have telephoned head office there is no stock anywhere.& they just won’t do anything but a refund which they say is all they have to do :x And I can’t seem to find it on the Jessops site either :thinking:

The samsung is a rebranded Pentax *ist DL2 (they did some joint research together or something)

Original Poster

Titchimp;1819443

The samsung is a rebranded Pentax *ist DL2 (they did some joint research … The samsung is a rebranded Pentax *ist DL2 (they did some joint research together or something)

Yes and with the Pentax name on the front it cost’s more That’s why I went for the Samsung it is identical

pretty sure you can just go buy it elsewhere and sue them for the cost difference, a deal is a deal when they have taken your money

Admin

I've altered the title to remove the swearwords!

I'm sorry, but if your hoping for anymore than I refund your going to be disappointed. You've ordered, they have rang out of stock - they have offered to refund. That's going to be your limit.

Hopefully, by this you will learn not to order additional items etc under you have your order, complete, in your hands. Think yourself lucky that they have offered you a refund, other companies may have refused stating that your trying it on to get another camera...when all you've done is "taken the other one out of the box" so to speak...

Original Poster

highguyuk;1819802

I'm sorry, but if your hoping for anymore than I refund your going to be … I'm sorry, but if your hoping for anymore than I refund your going to be disappointed. You've ordered, they have rang out of stock - they have offered to refund. That's going to be your limit.Hopefully, by this you will learn not to order additional items etc under you have your order, complete, in your hands. Think yourself lucky that they have offered you a refund, other companies may have refused stating that your trying it on to get another camera...when all you've done is "taken the other one out of the box" so to speak...

I don’t know what to say except thank you for taking the time to respond:thumbsup:

Original Poster

v2drinkers;1821404

Have to say even though it sounds harsh I totally agree with this post.

Cheers I feel so much better:p I have just ordered £600.00 worth of Pentax kit Seems the only way to cut my losses :roll:

Geemac;1821501

Cheers I feel so much better:p I have just ordered £600.00 worth of … Cheers I feel so much better:p I have just ordered £600.00 worth of Pentax kit Seems the only way to cut my losses :roll:

Why not sell the other stuff you had bought?

They did the same with me and the Grampian wooden table posted a while back. They took the money confirmed delivery and a week later told me the item was out of stock :roll:. This was after I had taken a days leave from work and paid a childminder to take the kids to school (no phone call either to let me know) just an email with details of a refund. I argued this point on several levels via email and phone but they were not interested at all, so I gave up - they have the most shocking customer service and Tesco have definately got too big for their boots! I'll still buy some of the deals that they have though because I can't resist a bargain :oops: and that in itself probably doesn't help especially as it was moi who told them after the table fiasco that I would never order from Tesco Direct again :whistling:. The only thing I do now though is see it as a bonus if the stuff actually turns up!

Original Poster

WonderWoman;1821620

They did the same with me and the Grampian wooden table posted a while … They did the same with me and the Grampian wooden table posted a while back. They took the money confirmed delivery and a week later told me the item was out of stock :roll:. This was after I had taken a days leave from work and paid a childminder to take the kids to school (no phone call either to let me know) just an email with details of a refund. I argued this point on several levels via email and phone but they were not interested at all, so I gave up - they have the most shocking customer service and Tesco have definately got too big for their boots! I'll still buy some of the deals that they have though because I can't resist a bargain :oops: and that in itself probably doesn't help especially as it was moi who told them after the table fiasco that I would never order from Tesco Direct again :whistling:. The only thing I do now though is see it as a bonus if the stuff actually turns up!

I remember, I had the same deal Table 4 chairs & Lazy Susan. Somebody @ the courier company stole 1 of the chairs :x
4 chairs were sent from Tesco’s to the courier company but only 3 chairs were loaded on to the van

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;1821514

Why not sell the other stuff you had bought?

You are all right, but what’s upset me is that someone has stolen from me for a second time, and there’s nothing I can do about. Plus it didn’t occur to me that Tesco’s might think I took the camera out of the box:oops:

Im with you all on this one as Ive had a bad experience with Tesco wine not honouring a reduced price champagne, after they had charged me for them, then saying it wasn't it stock (only to find my local Tesco had loads of them). Ive also had items Ive ordered elsewhere on line which don't arrive and you have to call them on a high rate number to find out whats going on. I think Martin Lewis and the Daily Mail should get on to this as online orders are a mess as no one seems to have a live online stock register. What happened to stock checking and customer service. If you want service you have to constantly be chasing them up, even after you have reached a solution. It makes my blood boil!!

PS

Sorry I forgot to mention that it is a long shot but have you tried ringing around the large Tescos particularly in remote areas as they may actually have the camera you want and then go back to the customer services and do a deal.

lol its kinda in the title
Samsung GX-1L Digital SLR twin lens kit
You get 2 lenses

Im sure you can pick up a body cheap on ebay

dandoc2;1822244

lol its kinda in the title Samsung GX-1L Digital SLR twin lens kitYou get … lol its kinda in the title Samsung GX-1L Digital SLR twin lens kitYou get 2 lensesIm sure you can pick up a body cheap on ebay

Wtf are you on about.

Original Poster

dandoc2;1822244

lol its kinda in the title Samsung GX-1L Digital SLR twin lens kitYou get … lol its kinda in the title Samsung GX-1L Digital SLR twin lens kitYou get 2 lensesIm sure you can pick up a body cheap on ebay

Don't be a dick:p the deal is Samsung GX-1L Digital SLR body AND twin lens, camera strap connection cables software, manual. Everything was in the box barr the camera body

Original Poster

bluebaloon;1822201

PS Sorry I forgot to mention that it is a long shot but have you tried … PS Sorry I forgot to mention that it is a long shot but have you tried ringing around the large Tescos particularly in remote areas as they may actually have the camera you want and then go back to the customer services and do a deal.

thank you,Yes I did no stock anywhere:x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659

See more discussions