Missing parcel, amazon affidavit and police investigation

Posted 20th Apr
I ordered 2 expensive computer parts recently but was out when they were delivered. They were by different couriers but delivered in a similar timeframe. both couriers left cards, one was put in one of my wheely bins and the other under my garden table by royal mail. When I got home that night they weren't there (either of them!). I checked the tracking number and the royal mail one shows a picture of it under my table. I contacted amazon who said they'd issue a refund on the item that was in the wheely bin (it was less expensive than the other), and on the other item but they would need to look into. It's been 10 days now and they keep saying wait 2 days, wait 3 days but today they said I've got to sign an affidavit and they're reporting it to the police to investigate. The english of rep wasn't very good but they made it sound like they're investigating me. Obviously I would like to know who took these parcels, but I also expected these items to require a signature or would of gone back to sorting office, I can't believe they left these items in my garden (which is very open to the road).

I'm not quite sure what to expect, and I don't understand what an affidavet is. Also on the order the delivery address is my partner (just because we never change it between us), so would see have to sign this form even though I ordered it?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I have had a parcel stolen from me by an amazon delivery driver. I had one parcel delivered by another company, quite a large parcel, Xmas presents for my son. Amazon chap turns up 45 mins later and actually delivers his parcel, in the same place as the first parcel was left. Both took pictures of them in the same location. Luckily I have cctv for this very reason mainly. Amazon guy seen walking out with my sons Xmas presents.

We live in a very quiet and safe area, my only concerns really are delivery drivers doing things like this hence the cameras. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have been able to prove anything, I wouldn't even have known what happened especially because the amazon chap actually delivered his parcels.

Amazon gave me compensation to the value of the order as soon as they saw the evidence. The company I bought the stuff from also refunded me after the police report was filed. The driver was arrested and charged and is awaiting trial.
23 Comments
An affidavit is a signed statement / confirmation. Not uncommon for Amazon to request it when items are stated to have gone missing after a courier states delivery, although some peeps object to the principle, which other peeps find strange as most customers are happy to state "I haven't received it" to Amazon CS.
Previous discussion in 2019 at hotukdeals.com/dis…436
Did you nominate a safe place for your parcels?
Amazon will need your affidavit in order to claim back the cost from the couriers insurance as the item was of high value.

Signed a few myself, no big deal, its like signing the claim form when claiming off Royal Mail.
Whether the parcel needed a signature or not it shouldn’t have been left unattended by Royal Mail

royalmail.com/d8/…faq
ArcadeAssassin20/04/2020 17:16

Amazon will need your affidavit in order to claim back the cost from the …Amazon will need your affidavit in order to claim back the cost from the couriers insurance as the item was of high value. Signed a few myself, no big deal, its like signing the claim form when claiming off Royal Mail.

That makes sense, thanks. It seems very threatening but I suppose they're trying to ward off scammers too
Do you or any neighbours have cctv footage?
Zanez20/04/2020 17:25

That makes sense, thanks. It seems very threatening but I suppose they're …That makes sense, thanks. It seems very threatening but I suppose they're trying to ward off scammers too

Exactly that!
No way this is random theft. It’s either the second postman/courier done it or told someone or a neighbour who could see the deliveries. Or yourself pulling a fast one .. I very much doubt it’s the Postie/courier and if your genuine then you’ve a thief next door.. as for Royal Mail claims as long as the item doesn’t say (garden) on safe place which a massive amount of Amazon stuff does for some reason then you’d get refund. No one needs a signature anymore so it’s easier to leave things now but as long as no designated safe roads pace your ok. Royal Mail will price it was delivered but then you need to go back and say it was left in an un safe place.
I have had a parcel stolen from me by an amazon delivery driver. I had one parcel delivered by another company, quite a large parcel, Xmas presents for my son. Amazon chap turns up 45 mins later and actually delivers his parcel, in the same place as the first parcel was left. Both took pictures of them in the same location. Luckily I have cctv for this very reason mainly. Amazon guy seen walking out with my sons Xmas presents.

We live in a very quiet and safe area, my only concerns really are delivery drivers doing things like this hence the cameras. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have been able to prove anything, I wouldn't even have known what happened especially because the amazon chap actually delivered his parcels.

Amazon gave me compensation to the value of the order as soon as they saw the evidence. The company I bought the stuff from also refunded me after the police report was filed. The driver was arrested and charged and is awaiting trial.
toonsquirel20/04/2020 18:27

No way this is random theft. It’s either the second postman/courier done i …No way this is random theft. It’s either the second postman/courier done it or told someone or a neighbour who could see the deliveries. Or yourself pulling a fast one .. I very much doubt it’s the Postie/courier and if your genuine then you’ve a thief next door.. as for Royal Mail claims as long as the item doesn’t say (garden) on safe place which a massive amount of Amazon stuff does for some reason then you’d get refund. No one needs a signature anymore so it’s easier to leave things now but as long as no designated safe roads pace your ok. Royal Mail will price it was delivered but then you need to go back and say it was left in an un safe place.

To be honest at the minute nobody seems to be that bothered in actually delivering anything, they’ve got that many Random’s working for them due to the demand it very well could be one of the drivers took both of them.

A picture of an item under the table isn’t proof of delivery and a wheely bin isn’t a safe place.

Why don’t they need signatures anymore?
Dannyrobbo20/04/2020 19:07

To be honest at the minute nobody seems to be that bothered in actually …To be honest at the minute nobody seems to be that bothered in actually delivering anything, they’ve got that many Random’s working for them due to the demand it very well could be one of the drivers took both of them. A picture of an item under the table isn’t proof of delivery and a wheely bin isn’t a safe place. Why don’t they need signatures anymore?

I doubt it’s the Postie but if he was first you could well be right that it’s a temp new courier. The Postie would be taking a missive risk if you called before he was finished to say you didn’t have it and he’d stole it so it was in the van if he was found out postmen go to jail it’s worse than a normal person stealing so I doubt he’d take photo then say missing. He’s be better just not taking photo and saying it was delivered as door was open.
I got a Signed For package (though the letterbox) today, and have had similar over the last few weeks. It's to minimise contact between customer and postman

I've not had any high-priced Amazon purchases go AWOL (yet) but I have had Amazon items delivered to the wrong building (twice in recent times - the last one a few weeks ago said, "delivered through letterbox" - no neighbour comes to my door with my parcel!). Not a nice feeling to know your neighbours are happy to keep your parcels

Of course it could be the courier but the Amazon guys all know my face/name by now and are very reliable - Amazon just say vaguely that they'll "investigate" and I hear nothing more.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 20th Apr
My sister in law once bought a rug from Amazon amongst other things that went missing. The courier company left a note through her letterbox telling her it had been left in a safe place as she wasnt in and there was a photo on the couriers website showing the 6ft high parcel leaning against her front door. At the time though she lived in a terraced house, on a main road about 10 paces from a bus stop. Amazon just refunded her when she sent them photos of where she lived.
I know it isn't the same as the OP's issue but we still wonder why they thought a main road was a safe place
I had an item of high value last year sent to my work and was signed by for 'doorman' The building has around 20 companies, The parcel never turned up, Amazon said will investigate, came back and said was signed for, GPS states scanned at my work (well within the large building with 20 companies, they just did not understand)

Had to get a police report but in Scotland they dont issue a stolen cert or anything now but officer happy to speak and email amazon but they refused to refund

Had to go to credit card company for money back, they pushed back advised Amazon disputed this but then sent all the evidence to the claim advisor at mbna and they closed the case in my favour

Expected Amazon to close my account but they never, not sure if thats because I have spent tens of thousands over the last 5 years though - if they were not so convienient to me i would have stopped using them because of the way they just never helped me at all
I’m missing a parcel now from amazon!! A bed and I’m so annoyed!!!
Left them a bad review and the tracking number is genuine apparently and they don’t know where it is. Should have arrived Friday, delivery is with Poilet and tracking starts with GB
Totally confused
Misslovely20/04/2020 20:13

I’m missing a parcel now from amazon!! A bed and I’m so annoyed!!! Left the …I’m missing a parcel now from amazon!! A bed and I’m so annoyed!!! Left them a bad review and the tracking number is genuine apparently and they don’t know where it is. Should have arrived Friday, delivery is with Poilet and tracking starts with GB Totally confused

You left them a bad review because the courier has lost your parcel?
smashed20/04/2020 20:40

You left them a bad review because the courier has lost your parcel?

The currier doesn’t exist, they don’t know who it is and where my parcel is.
Iv tried the tracking number with many companies and no one recognises it
Misslovely20/04/2020 21:59

The currier doesn’t exist, they don’t know who it is and where my parcel is …The currier doesn’t exist, they don’t know who it is and where my parcel is. Iv tried the tracking number with many companies and no one recognises it

Who was the actual seller on amazon?
smashed20/04/2020 22:10

Who was the actual seller on amazon?

Sold by amazon prime and full filled by Amazon
This is the screen shot

40482081-UpqfR.jpg
Edited by: "Misslovely" 20th Apr
Misslovely20/04/2020 22:11

Sold by amazon prime and full filled by AmazonThis is the screen shot …Sold by amazon prime and full filled by AmazonThis is the screen shot [Image]

I've had a pilot delivery before. All went fine. I wouldn't be leaving bad feedback on a particular item because of a fulfilment issue though.
smashed20/04/2020 22:28

I've had a pilot delivery before. All went fine. I wouldn't be leaving bad …I've had a pilot delivery before. All went fine. I wouldn't be leaving bad feedback on a particular item because of a fulfilment issue though.

My 12 year old has been sleeping in my bed for a week so they need to understand my frustration. Anyway since the idiots issued refund without my consent Iv ordered a bed from eBay
There was a delivery from Wiggle left on our doorstep a week or so ago. We live at #20, the parcel was for #4.

How did the drjver get it so wrong?
It wasn't like we had a delivery too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions