'missing pre-advice' myhermes - returing item, contacted collection shop who were no help, hermes = no help

Posted 14th Dec 2016
I returned at item from Burton on 9th Dec via a Myhermes collection shop on 9th Dec, but when checking online it still shows as "missing pre-advice", myhermes call centre located in a remote location were entirely useless - anyone come across this issue?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Domthedonkey

From their website :

Missing pre-advice: The parcel information has not yet been loaded onto our online system. The parcel has entered and is still moving within our network.

Have you got Facebook,if so send them a private message with the parcel ID number and the address of where it was going,they are quite helpful on there although rather slow as they have got a lot to get through,it can take a couple of days for a reply.
    Domthedonkey
    Doesn't the tracking show it was ever collected from the shop?
    davewave Author
    deb8z

Doesn't the tracking show it was ever collected from the shop?

this is the sequence...
    09/12/2016 08:34 Dropped off at the ParcelShop
    09/12/2016 08:34 Missing Pre-Advice
    davewave Author
    davewave

[quote=deb8z] Doesn't the tracking show it was ever collected from the … [quote=deb8z] Doesn't the tracking show it was ever collected from the shop?

not sure but this is the sequence...
    09/12/2016 08:34 Dropped off at the ParcelShop
    09/12/2016 08:34 Missing Pre-Advice

(edited)
    davewave Author
    deb8z

From their website :Missing pre-advice: The parcel information has not … From their website :Missing pre-advice: The parcel information has not yet been loaded onto our online system. The parcel has entered and is still moving within our network.Have you got Facebook,if so send them a private message with the parcel ID number and the address of where it was going,they are quite helpful on there although rather slow as they have got a lot to get through,it can take a couple of days for a reply.

OK will give it a try as they directed me back to the retailer for some weird reason.
    bryanhaines399
    deb8z

From their website :Missing pre-advice: The parcel information has not … From their website :Missing pre-advice: The parcel information has not yet been loaded onto our online system. The parcel has entered and is still moving within our network.Have you got Facebook,if so send them a private message with the parcel ID number and the address of where it was going,they are quite helpful on there although rather slow as they have got a lot to get through,it can take a couple of days for a reply.

​exactly what I was about to type
    Domthedonkey
    bryanhaines399

​exactly what I was about to type

I saved you the trouble X)
    Polar1
    You would have been given a blue slip of paper with the tracking number on when you dropped the parcel off, this is your proof of postage. Have you checked with the recipient if they have actually received it? If tracking online doesn't show any tracking other than missing pre advice then contact myhermes using the live chat feature, do not phone or email. Yes, they are pretty useless but they have access to more precise tracking details than is shown on line and will be able to pin point where the problem lies.
    furbars
    I hate "myherpes" had nothing but trouble with them, I have even pulled out of sales because sellers would only use them.
    sooziewoo
    I have returned 2 parcels recently from the same myHermes shop on different days, they both said missing pre advice, one then listed when parcel was dropped off by me and picked up by Hermes, the other just stated drop off time/date, I was worried that the shop had lost it or something but then received an email from the retailer 'we've received your return' fortunately so it seems sometimes the tracking just doesn't work.
    davewave Author
    Polar1

You would have been given a blue slip of paper with the tracking number … You would have been given a blue slip of paper with the tracking number on when you dropped the parcel off, this is your proof of postage. Have you checked with the recipient if they have actually received it? If tracking online doesn't show any tracking other than missing pre advice then contact myhermes using the live chat feature, do not phone or email. Yes, they are pretty useless but they have access to more precise tracking details than is shown on line and will be able to pin point where the problem lies.

I tried live chat but unfortunately the redirected me to retailer, I just spoke to Burton and it took a while - a backlog meant that the refund hadn't been actioned yet, but they did it over the phone!!! All good thanks for the advice guys!!
    davewave Author
    All resolved by contacting retailer.
    Domthedonkey
    davewave

All resolved by contacting retailer.

The tracking has been up the wall with Hermes the last couple of weeks,so is that all it was,they'd received it and the tracking hadn't updated.......
    caverncity
    it will be how it was scanned in. I use Hermes all the time and get the odd hikcup. it's down to whoever picks it up and how it was scanned in. everyone i had with an odd scan fixed itself a day or two later. the most annoying error scan is held due to damage, that happens a lot.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants