Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Missing Switch Cartridge - Amazon

Posted 18th Feb
Has anyone had issues with Switch Games from Amazon?
I ordered Assassins Creed III, arrived today and the outer plastic was loose but I didn’t think anything of it, ripped it off and there’s no game/DLC docs inside...

Anyone else had this issue? I’ve managed to get a replacement auto authorised from Amazon and am shipping this one back but it’s just a empty case going back - will I have issues with Amazon now trying to charge me twice?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Surly you have explained why your sending back? So shouldn’t be an issue. If your worried ring them.
As long as you told them why, no, you won’t have an issue. If it happens again, they may get suspicious of you.

This is happening a lot with Amazon as of late. I don’t hear about it happening with other retailers so can only assume it’s some of their own staff/drivers stealing them (amongst other things). Might be best to avoid them in future if you can. (Games tend to be cheaper elsewhere anyway)
Bargainhead18/02/2020 06:02

Surly you have explained why your sending back? So shouldn’t be an issue. I …Surly you have explained why your sending back? So shouldn’t be an issue. If your worried ring them.

Yeah had to complete a online form - just frustrating and I’m tempted to record myself opening the replacement now just in case that arrives empty as well
Biddy218/02/2020 07:01

As long as you told them why, no, you won’t have an issue. If it happens a …As long as you told them why, no, you won’t have an issue. If it happens again, they may get suspicious of you.This is happening a lot with Amazon as of late. I don’t hear about it happening with other retailers so can only assume it’s some of their own staff/drivers stealing them (amongst other things). Might be best to avoid them in future if you can. (Games tend to be cheaper elsewhere anyway)

Yep defo avoiding them going forward - it was the assassins creed offer for £18 so not too much damage on the wallet - just annoying more than anything else
There was another thread on here with the same issue. Unfortunately I can't find it in my history anymore but it was quite funny because not many people believed the poster.
sohailh198418/02/2020 07:37

Yep defo avoiding them going forward - it was the assassins creed offer …Yep defo avoiding them going forward - it was the assassins creed offer for £18 so not too much damage on the wallet - just annoying more than anything else

SSD drives, mobile phones and Switch games seem to be the most stolen products as of late at Amazon. It’s good you’re getting a replacement without any bother though, even if it’s annoying to have to sort out.
MadeDixonsCry18/02/2020 07:39

There was another thread on here with the same issue. Unfortunately I …There was another thread on here with the same issue. Unfortunately I can't find it in my history anymore but it was quite funny because not many people believed the poster.

It was me eventually got a refund, mine the cellophane was perfect on though.
I remember reading a couple of days ago someone sent a phone back as they didn't like it,and when Amazon received it the box was empty.So something is going on either with drivers or staff
I just messaged them on chat when this happened to me! Sent a new one without having to send the case back. You need to make sure they know thats the reason your sending it back though or else they will end up double charging you
KezzaMcDezza18/02/2020 11:39

I just messaged them on chat when this happened to me! Sent a new one …I just messaged them on chat when this happened to me! Sent a new one without having to send the case back. You need to make sure they know thats the reason your sending it back though or else they will end up double charging you

Yeah I’ve mentioned that in my comments to them - informed them that it’s arrived with no contents inside at all - thanks for the heads up and feedback
cazw197318/02/2020 09:21

I remember reading a couple of days ago someone sent a phone back as they …I remember reading a couple of days ago someone sent a phone back as they didn't like it,and when Amazon received it the box was empty.So something is going on either with drivers or staff

I returned a chromebook to them before Christmas and the box arrived there empty. It took a few attempts in chat for them to realise it was down to them to sort as they drew up the contract with the courier (Hermes). I would never have sent a box with a great big laptop battery sticker on the side with them. Unfortunately too many people out there are thieving scumbags.
they use agency underpaid staff and the drivers book jobs like uber form the app no id cheeks nothing of sort , seen videos where you can register to deliver for them and send anyone to pick up the parcels and deliver same as uber where they had 20k cases of the driver not being the account holder .
Replacement arrived today - recorded myself opening it (weirdest thing I’ve done but didn’t want to be conned again) and thankfully this one was fully sealed and had the cartridge inside - defo not ordering switch games from amazon again though
Mental that staff or whoever are managing to nab games/products etc so easily
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants