Posted 18 February 2022

Missing yodel delivery!

I was due a delivery today which was being delivered by yodel.

Due to value needed signature.

The tracking says delivered this evening but I was in all day and had no one at door.

Yodel online chat says delivered and their GPS shows vehicle was here.

I live in a very small street and at end of a cul de sac with no lanes or any through routes.

I struggle to believe it could have been stolen.

Yodel say they will investigate.

Do I have any rights here? It says needs signature. I asked yodel for who signed it but they keep saying they will investigate.

I am feeling I have been burned for a £275 delivery!
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Everyone complains about delivery services but no one wants to pay for delivery. So then why blame the retailer if they always go with the lowest price bid, especially those who don't have the scale to set up their own service (like Amazon did) or barely make money to pay more? A 100% success rate for a delivery service requires lesser deliveries per day per driver which means hiring many more and pushing up costs. UK was always the leader in per capita online spend even before the pandemic and volumes have gone through the roof now.
    Author
    cainer118/02/2022 20:22

Comment deleted

Well....almost the case here! They just arrived at door and handed me parcel and walked off as I asked what was going on and didn't they need a signature!!!

Mystery solved but seriously yodel gives me the fear!
    ALYMAC7618/02/2022 20:38

Well....almost the case here! They just arrived at door and handed me …Well....almost the case here! They just arrived at door and handed me parcel and walked off as I asked what was going on and didn't they need a signature!!!Mystery solved but seriously yodel gives me the fear!

Driver probably saw your HUKD post, himself, and hightailed it back to your cul-de-sac
    I am glad it got delivered but yodel are the worst, always try their hardest to keep you on edge
    46933784-12O3r.jpg

Well....almost the case here! They just arrived at door and handed me …Well....almost the case here! They just arrived at door and handed me parcel and walked off as I asked what was going on and didn't they need a signature!!!Mystery solved but seriously yodel gives me the fear!

I don't think any couriers actually ask for signatures any longer, since COVID first arrived.
    etta19118/02/2022 23:10

I am glad it got delivered but yodel are the worst, always try their …I am glad it got delivered but yodel are the worst, always try their hardest to keep you on edge [Image]

This is unbelievably accurate
    It's in your bin, buddy

But if not, there's no need for too much trauma as:
    The goods remain at the trader's risk until they come into the physical possession of
    (a) the consumer, or
    (b) a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.

legislation.gov.uk/ukp…ain

Any non-existent delivery or theft is the trader's issue as the goods have not yet come into your physical possession.
    Yodel... Sorry for your loss.
    etta19118/02/2022 23:10

I am glad it got delivered but yodel are the worst, always try their …I am glad it got delivered but yodel are the worst, always try their hardest to keep you on edge [Image]

Lol so true and why I used dpd to send a laptop to my sister.
    bozo00719/02/2022 06:34

Everyone complains about delivery services but no one wants to pay for …Everyone complains about delivery services but no one wants to pay for delivery. So then why blame the retailer if they always go with the lowest price bid, especially those who don't have the scale to set up their own service (like Amazon did) or barely make money to pay more? A 100% success rate for a delivery service requires lesser deliveries per day per driver which means hiring many more and pushing up costs. UK was always the leader in per capita online spend even before the pandemic and volumes have gone through the roof now.

I'd like to see more firms offering tiered delivery options with multiple partners (not just 'free', or next day for +£7, or next day A.M. for £10.

If they can absorb Hermes' delivery cost in offering a 'free' service to the customer when they spend enough, how about absorbing the equivalent amount for a better courier and giving the customer the option to pay the surplus (e.g. Hermes 'free', DPD +£2 or +£3)? Or having different minimum spends for certain courier delivery to be 'free' (Zooplus do this: Yodel £29 spend; DPD £39 spend)? Adds complexity to their logistics but better choice for customers.
    Immoraliste19/02/2022 13:07

I'd like to see more firms offering tiered delivery options with multiple …I'd like to see more firms offering tiered delivery options with multiple partners (not just 'free', or next day for +£7, or next day A.M. for £10.If they can absorb Hermes' delivery cost in offering a 'free' service to the customer when they spend enough, how about absorbing the equivalent amount for a better courier and giving the customer the option to pay the surplus (e.g. Hermes 'free', DPD +£2 or +£3)? Or having different minimum spends for certain courier delivery to be 'free' (Zooplus do this: Yodel £29 spend; DPD £39 spend)? Adds complexity to their logistics but better choice for customers.

Adds not just complexity but increases delivery costs - they now need to additionally sort for each option, the discounts they get will drop because the volume is now divided among multiple providers, and then there is the headache of dealing with customers who paid for X but found that the delivery was made by Y (even if it was on time without any hassle), and then having to refund these cases. Staffing is a major problem as it is, and finding people for this makes it worse. The data shows that many grumble a lot about delivery quality but very, very few stop shopping at a retailer because of their choice of delivery service. Until consumers actually vote with their wallet in significant numbers, nothing will change.
    I think, so long as you have value insurance on it, you’ll be fine
    Did they take a pic of the package where they left it? They also Could have took it to a neighbour and not left a card or forgot to leave a card, have yodel put a name to the package?

I’ve had a parcel delivered by yodel before and they left it at my address and never left a card to say where it was….damn thing was placed above my outside light in my porch and I never found it for weeks….lol

No requirement for signature ever since some community health issue kicked off.
    Have you tried the roof?
    trs02038219/02/2022 12:18

Have you tried the roof?

They had said they had got it finally, a few posts before yours. Always best to read previous posts before answering (unless it is pages long!).

's avatar