Groups

Miui 8

Just got the redmi note 3 pro phone and everything is working ok except for one thing. When you install an app from the play store it installs fine but leaves a shortcut on the home screen. When I try to delete the shortcut (not the whole app) it won't let me???

Anyone else have this problem? It let's me delete widgets if I add them.

11 Comments

have you tried deleting the app, untick in playstore settings to add home screen shortcut and reinstall?

Isn't mui like iphone os, where there's no app drawer?

Use nova launcher instead, you get an app drawer then

No app draw that's why.. Just drag the apps together... I have the most used on home screen then folders on 2nd screen with apps in. Ie. Photo. Games. Finance. Other. Not used. I think a app draw is pointless myself but I guess it's what you get used to.. Watch youtube for the tricks and benefits of mui. If your not interested and want a stock launcher then something like nova will do the trick.

^ spot on
    Edited by: "Qrunch" 12th Mar

wayners

No app draw that's why.. Just drag the apps together... I have the most … No app draw that's why.. Just drag the apps together... I have the most used on home screen then folders on 2nd screen with apps in. Ie. Photo. Games. Finance. Other. Not used. I think a app draw is pointless myself but I guess it's what you get used to.. Watch youtube for the tricks and benefits of mui. If your not interested and want a stock launcher then something like nova will do the trick.

folders on 2nd screen with apps in. Ie. Photo. Games. Finance

The folders for your app's you've created are basically mini app draws.

I think a app draw is pointless myself

I think this comment is pointless.

Comment #3 by Qrunch is your best answer.

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 12th Mar

download nova launcher off play store, then u can change everything that's what i did with my note 3 pro.

Original Poster

I have Nova launcher on my other phone. Just wanted to give Miui a chance as heard it was pretty good. Thanks for the help but looks like Nova launcher it is!

i have the redmi note 3 pro too i have had it over 6 months and have to say for the price it's a good phone .

if your used to draws then i recommend you get nova and custom it to your likes. i don't have nova on as i put all the apps i use in folders on the second screen which works for me . i would give it a couple of weeks then install nova if you cannot get away with miui or wait until the miui 8 update comes out.

good luck and enjoy

What is a draw?

Qrunch

What is a draw?

​Think they mean app draw.. You go to app draw and select the apps you want on your home.. IOS dose not have this nor dose xiaomi phones and maybe some other manufacturers to.. All installed apps are on your phone screens and can't be hidden unless you put in folders. That's what I do
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help please - pc issues46
      2. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed68
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1419
      4. Import charges from USA11

See more discussions