mixed race tv commercials

LocalFound 6th Mar 2017
According to almost every recent tv ad made in the last couple of years, there are no families left with both parents being either black or white !
why is it now the norm that if you live in tv commercial land your parents are guaranteed to be 1 black and 1 white, or 1 mixed race and 1 white ?
im not racist and am also a realist and do know that mixed race families do exist.... but not ALL families are mixed race.
your views please
Community Updates
MiscTV
Top comments
https://dalanel.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/funny-gif-black-guys-old-people-car-window.gif
Edited by: "Saturn" 6th Mar 2017
YOU WATCH TV ADS?
The companies making the ads are afraid of bad publicity from the "politically incorrect police" but fail to realise the media groups they are paying for placement of such ads are the very ones most likely to shoot them down - after they have paid their fees of course. The general public i.e. the majority of people, I suspect are finding this constant pandering to political correctness off-putting so these ads are probably not as effective as they should be with most people failing to identify with the mixed race family unit.
I think you're simply seeing something that isn't there.
179 Comments
https://dalanel.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/funny-gif-black-guys-old-people-car-window.gif
Edited by: "Saturn" 6th Mar 2017
Ultimately, what difference does it make? People will moan if it's an all white family, an all black family, and all Asian family. And seems a mixed race family too.
YOU WATCH TV ADS?
I wouldnt even give it a second thought,its an ad with people in it. I live in France and the ads here have all types, multiracial and bisexual in it. Thats the world we live in, doesnt bother me.
jax619

Bit like every show having a gay couple in it, its all so forced.

Not if you are a gay couple.Ever thought that all these years , the 2.4 children, dog & heterosexual white parents is whats forced.
miikeyblue

Yeah, didn't OP make some comment in another thread complaining about a token black person being in every advert? Also with "I'm not racist but"?
It's just you seeing this for some reason.

lollypoplee

im gonna get slaughtered for saying it but ive got to still say it.every … im gonna get slaughtered for saying it but ive got to still say it.every advert with a token black woman in it just so the people making the advert dont get accused or racism !or every advert that seems to think that every group of 3 women or 3 men had definitely 100% got a black mate with big afro hair !im not racist, i like black people but not everyone has a black friend !

Edited by: "Cr0m" 6th Mar 2017
Maybe the adverts are trying abit too hard to be PC?. I'm not really sure it matters or I've actually noticed myself, I don't really take much note of adverts.
political correctness
Saturn

​no cause its racest.
miikeyblue

lollypoplee

im gonna get slaughtered for saying it but ive got to still say it.every … im gonna get slaughtered for saying it but ive got to still say it.every advert with a token black woman in it just so the people making the advert dont get accused or racism !or every advert that seems to think that every group of 3 women or 3 men had definitely 100% got a black mate with big afro hair !im not racist, i like black people but not everyone has a black friend !

​that was me ! and i stick by that too
lollypoplee

​no cause its racest.

http://www.landingstanding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/10.-Gary-Coleman-look-of-disbelief-shock.gif

Saturn

​what you talkin bout Saturn
lollypoplee

​that was me ! and i stick by that too

Tell me how you feel about your mother.
Rom

Tell me how you feel about your mother.

​that makes no sense at all !
Yup, totally agree. Its all too forced, just to appease the PC crowd.
lollypoplee

​that makes no sense at all !

I thought we could do another quick diagnosis if you had other issues
Rom

I thought we could do another quick diagnosis if you had other issues

​no thank you Dr, im fine thanks.
The companies making the ads are afraid of bad publicity from the "politically incorrect police" but fail to realise the media groups they are paying for placement of such ads are the very ones most likely to shoot them down - after they have paid their fees of course. The general public i.e. the majority of people, I suspect are finding this constant pandering to political correctness off-putting so these ads are probably not as effective as they should be with most people failing to identify with the mixed race family unit.
the elites hate white people. they love indoctrinating the youth to mix race. they love promoting abortion and love castrating young men by promoting homosexuality... they hate us. there is nothing wrong with being mixed race or gay, but it's just awful the way it's use to socially engineer the population.
STEWIEG

The companies making the ads are afraid of bad publicity from the … The companies making the ads are afraid of bad publicity from the "politically incorrect police" but fail to realise the media groups they are paying for placement of such ads are the very ones most likely to shoot them down - after they have paid their fees of course. The general public i.e. the majority of people, I suspect are finding this constant pandering to political correctness off-putting so these ads are probably not as effective as they should be with most people failing to identify with the mixed race family unit.

​i could not have written that better myself. thank you for your post
miikeyblue

It obviously exists and its called tokenism.

It doesnt really make a difference apart from the fact that its a soulless attempt to appease the people who like to march that its all not fair.

[img]thequeerness.files.wordpress.com/201…jpg?w=1000[/img]
Saturn

hah that gif is awesome... i was going to post the australias got talent amazed guy in response but this laptop is so bad i cant see if the pictures are moving or not in google X)
STEWIEG

The companies making the ads are afraid of bad publicity from the … The companies making the ads are afraid of bad publicity from the "politically incorrect police" but fail to realise the media groups they are paying for placement of such ads are the very ones most likely to shoot them down - after they have paid their fees of course. The general public i.e. the majority of people, I suspect are finding this constant pandering to political correctness off-putting so these ads are probably not as effective as they should be with most people failing to identify with the mixed race family unit.

So it matters what colour the family is when it comes to buying the goods, hmmmm.
I just dont understand why it bothers the white person that a black person is in an ad, how does that change whats being sold just because you come from an all white family . Get over it. People are people and the all white British family started to decline decades ago.It time to move on.
davewave

It obviously exists and its called tokenism.It doesnt really make a … It obviously exists and its called tokenism.It doesnt really make a difference apart from the fact that its a soulless attempt to appease the people who like to march that its all not fair.[img]https://thequeerness.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/12439382_937089469679315_3232685914462136666_n.jpg?w=1000[/img]

​its good to know that I'm not the only person whos imaging these things that are not actually there ! i think a few people on this post including myself are hallucinating, either that or we AREN'T walking around with rose coloured glasses !
Why do you think things are so overwhelming PC these days because people like you are complaining all the time. Trends change almost yearly to try and be more PC and a lot of the time it backfires. It started with no black people in adverts that's "racist" to now we have mixed raced couples in nearly all adverts "oh and I'm not a racist statement after bringing it up" in two threads this week alone. Get a **** grip will you people are homeless, staving been bombed out of country's. We have a world refugees crisis, country's on the brink of war. People still don't have clean water in the 21st century "think about that" get a flipping grip turn the mind controlling box off and get out more. Go to a city centre and give somebody homeless a hot dinner and a £5a watch them smile take pride in it come back and tell us how that made you feel. Morning rant over!!!
brendanhickey

the elites hate white people. they love indoctrinating the youth to mix … the elites hate white people. they love indoctrinating the youth to mix race. they love promoting abortion and love castrating young men by promoting homosexuality... they hate us. there is nothing wrong with being mixed race or gay, but it's just awful the way it's use to socially engineer the population.

X)
I haven't really noticed it maybe I will know but it's odd I don't see many Muslim people or pakistani/indian/Bangladeshis Indian ads as there's alot more of them in this country vs mixed race family of the typo that u guys described.
rhinopaul

So it matters what colour the family is when it comes to buying the … So it matters what colour the family is when it comes to buying the goods, hmmmm. I just dont understand why it bothers the white person that a black person is in an ad, how does that change whats being sold just because you come from an all white family . Get over it. People are people and the all white British family started to decline decades ago.It time to move on.

​EXACTLY it doesn't matter at all what colour the family are ! thats the point fgs.
so why the heck are the commercials so bothered about pushing the mixed race families down our throats.
if i like a product i will buy it.
im not gonna buy it more cause the family are mixed race !
but as commerciala are so P C nowadays its of putting and like already said, i actually end up NOT watching the commercial because its not real life.
yes in real life there are mixed race families BUT not all families are mixed race like we are now lead to believe
rhinopaul

So it matters what colour the family is when it comes to buying the … So it matters what colour the family is when it comes to buying the goods, hmmmm. I just dont understand why it bothers the white person that a black person is in an ad, how does that change whats being sold just because you come from an all white family . Get over it. People are people and the all white British family started to decline decades ago.It time to move on.

​who said it was just white people that it irritates? black people probably feel the same.. we don't like been used by cooperations and global elites as they set about playing there games and pushing there agendas....
lollypoplee

​EXACTLY it doesn't matter at all what colour the family are ! thats the p … ​EXACTLY it doesn't matter at all what colour the family are ! thats the point fgs.so why the heck are the commercials so bothered about pushing the mixed race families down our throats.if i like a product i will buy it.im not gonna buy it more cause the family are mixed race !but as commerciala are so P C nowadays its of putting and like already said, i actually end up NOT watching the commercial because its not real life.yes in real life there are mixed race families BUT not all families are mixed race like we are now lead to believe

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uFyDsPGOSc0/TToLO8voUnI/AAAAAAAAAMc/IKaboDwDjp0/s1600/contradiction.jpg
MynameisM

I haven't really noticed it maybe I will know but it's odd I don't see … I haven't really noticed it maybe I will know but it's odd I don't see many Muslim people or pakistani/indian/Bangladeshis Indian ads as there's alot more of them in this country vs mixed race family of the typo that u guys described.

​very true and a valid point.
why aren't we seeing ads with other races in them ?
that would be realistic as its true to life.
lollypoplee

​EXACTLY it doesn't matter at all what colour the family are ! thats the p … ​EXACTLY it doesn't matter at all what colour the family are ! thats the point fgs.so why the heck are the commercials so bothered about pushing the mixed race families down our throats.if i like a product i will buy it.im not gonna buy it more cause the family are mixed race !but as commerciala are so P C nowadays its of putting and like already said, i actually end up NOT watching the commercial because its not real life.yes in real life there are mixed race families BUT not all families are mixed race like we are now lead to believe

Your issues are based on a lack of understanding of what he point of adverts are which leads to casting choices, and it's compounded by some false belief that the majority of adverts feature mixed race couples. They don't. You're wrong.

lollypoplee

​very true and a valid point.why aren't we seeing ads with other races in … ​very true and a valid point.why aren't we seeing ads with other races in them ?that would be realistic as its true to life.

Oh, you think adverts should strive for verisimilitude. Adverts aren't there for that, they're there to sell goods.

Are you sure you know what an advert is?

Are you confusing the three minute ad breaks with coronation street?
Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 6th Mar 2017
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Oh, you think adverts should strive for verisimilitude. Adverts aren't … Oh, you think adverts should strive for verisimilitude. Adverts aren't there for that, they're there to sell goods.Are you sure you know what an advert is?Are you confusing the three minute ad breaks with coronation street?

​i dont watch soaps as they are as unrealistic as commercials.
you obviously watch corro and hollyoaks and actually believe that EVERY wedding ends up in the couple not getting married ! you actually believe that every peron on one street can have sons and daughters that they are unaware of fir 25 years ! and i bet you also watch that rubbish and believe that EVERY Christmas day without fail there WILL be a disaster in your street !
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Oh, you think adverts should strive for verisimilitude. Adverts aren't … Oh, you think adverts should strive for verisimilitude. Adverts aren't there for that, they're there to sell goods.Are you sure you know what an advert is?Are you confusing the three minute ad breaks with coronation street?

lollypoplee

​i dont watch soaps as they are as unrealistic as commercials.you o … ​i dont watch soaps as they are as unrealistic as commercials.you obviously watch corro and hollyoaks and actually believe that EVERY wedding ends up in the couple not getting married ! you actually believe that every peron on one street can have sons and daughters that they are unaware of fir 25 years ! and i bet you also watch that rubbish and believe that EVERY Christmas day without fail there WILL be a disaster in your street !

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2012/08/Michael-Jackson-Popcorn.gif
rhinopaul

Where do you get all this nonsense from? - who mentioned black and white? - who mentioned white people getting upset about a black person in an ad? I have never heard of this phenomenon. Do you not understand the "identifying with" observation? I am sorry for posting an observation that is creating this turmoil within your head but I cannot control the irrational thoughts of others on this site.
lollypoplee

​i dont watch soaps as they are as unrealistic as commercials.you o … ​i dont watch soaps as they are as unrealistic as commercials.you obviously watch corro and hollyoaks and actually believe that EVERY wedding ends up in the couple not getting married ! you actually believe that every peron on one street can have sons and daughters that they are unaware of fir 25 years ! and i bet you also watch that rubbish and believe that EVERY Christmas day without fail there WILL be a disaster in your street !

Again, the answer is quite simple. You're wrong in your initial assertion. That's probably not a great surprise to you but I'll point it out anyway.
STEWIEG

That's actually not true.

It depends on the target demo of the product or service and the audience they will reach.

People who blame everything on political correctness are wrong in most cases. It's very basic marketing. Very basic indeed.
Next will be the immigration advert. Those victim immigrants eating a bowl of hot soup, keeping them warm inside after a 60 hr shift at victim.com's warehouse for 2pence an hr !

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants