Mk 6 Golf Brakes

Found 29th Jun
Can any mechanics here tell me, when replacing front discs and pads on a Mk6 golf, if I'll need the special tool to push the piston into the caliper? In the past I've always just used a pair of grips to squeeze it in slowly.
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskBikeGolfFitness
2 Comments
No. Just use a pair of plumbers grips between the caliper and the old brake pad (so not to damage the piston or rubber seal).

For the back using a tool is preferable, but it can be done without.

Also if possible spray some penetrating fluid on the retaining screw the day before. They have a habit of shearing off.
GAVINLEWISHUKD4 h, 29 m ago

No. Just use a pair of plumbers grips between the caliper and the old …No. Just use a pair of plumbers grips between the caliper and the old brake pad (so not to damage the piston or rubber seal).For the back using a tool is preferable, but it can be done without.Also if possible spray some penetrating fluid on the retaining screw the day before. They have a habit of shearing off.

Cheers fella. Slip joint pliers is what I've always used in the past (I'm guessing that's what you mean by plumbers pliers) and it's just the fronts I'm doing. Thanks again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants