mmedia.mis.com.sg

Banned 9
Found 20th Oct 2009
just had an email off these to say there taking £12-79 off my credit card for windows 7 update, when i registered with acer for the upgrade they never took any details for this, so how can they be taqking money off my card, cant find the flipping email i received off acer when i went for this, but know i never put card details in, laptop was returned to ebuyer, they couldnt be using my details supplied to ebyuer surely?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

This is for postage & package - my daughter has the same charge. When she bought her laptop a couple of weeks ago she went online to Acer's site to get the upgrade, which is why we know ("Dad, can I borrow your credit card please?":-D)

Original Poster Banned

cis_groupie;6630430

This is for postage & package - my daughter has the same charge. When … This is for postage & package - my daughter has the same charge. When she bought her laptop a couple of weeks ago she went online to Acer's site to get the upgrade, which is why we know ("Dad, can I borrow your credit card please?":-D)

i know what its for, but when i went for it, there was no payment details submitted, i ven asked here and people confirmed there was no where for payment details:?

well if you get a license with it then £12.79 is a bargain considering you returned the laptop. although it's insane for postage does it come in a full size shipping crate.

Original Poster Banned

bruffterman;6631137

well if you get a license with it then £12.79 is a bargain considering … well if you get a license with it then £12.79 is a bargain considering you returned the laptop. although it's insane for postage does it come in a full size shipping crate.

im hoping its a generic email, because i am 100% sure there was no where to put in bank details, although there is now i sear there wasnt when i did it, months ago, co could this be used on any lappy to upgrade then?

Hi I have the same issue and recieved the exact same emaill (see below)

subject line:Windows 7 Upgrade Kit Payment Pre Alert‏

Dear xxx,

We would like to inform you that we will be deducting GBP 12.7800 from your credit card for your Order number : xxxx from 20th October 2009.

Confirmation email with the payment status will be sent to you upon payment received..

*** This is a system generated email, please do not reply to this email ***

I purchased an Acer off ebay then applied for free upgrade (£12.78) however I didnt enter my card details into acers windows 7 upgrade site. So how are they going to take £12 off my card if they dont know what it is?? and will I get my windows 7 upgrade?

Original Poster Banned

jlmaxwell83;6631983

Hi I have the same issueI purchased an Acer off ebay then applied for … Hi I have the same issueI purchased an Acer off ebay then applied for free upgrade (£12) however I didnt enter my card details into acers windows 7 upgrade site. So how are they going to take £12 off my card if they dont know what it is?? and will I get my windows 7 upgrade?

thanks, i thought i was going cuckoo, obviously its a generic email, have logged into the acer upgrade and there isnt even anywhere to add a payment, so dont know if maybe in a few days they will contact you, cant see them sending it without payment

Ah, the foggy mists in my mind are rolling back now!:-D

When my daughter ordered her copy she borrowed my credit card, but as you said, there as nowhere for the info to be entered. However, when she went ahead & confirmed the order there was a note somewhere that said that she would be contacted for payment details when the item was ready to be dispatched.

So hopefully, we should be getting emails from Acer soon telling us how to cough up.

As an update to this, just had an email from Acer asking for my cc details.

Original Poster Banned

cis_groupie;6647859

As an update to this, just had an email from Acer asking for my cc … As an update to this, just had an email from Acer asking for my cc details.

me too, i wont be as my lappy went back, wonder if they will try to get the cancellation fee off me :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text