Groups

Mobil 1 engine oil?

Hey people, wondering if anyone can help me out;

Ive been through the internet and noticed a lot of good reviews from people using Mobil engine oils, i was due for a change in my car and so i brought 4 litres of 0w/40 from my local Asda.

They have dates printed on the bottom/back of the gallons, are these somekind of expiry dates, they read 05/03/10?

& i not sure if ive brought the correct grade, i have a 1.6i twinport Vauxhall Astra 2005, ive looked through the manual and could not find a grade.

Thank you

5 Comments

Pretty sure it used 5w/30

check here - opieoils.co.uk

I think the date is a date it was put into the bottle...

Original Poster

MunkiMadz

Pretty sure it used 5w/30 check here - http://www.opieoils.co.ukI think … Pretty sure it used 5w/30 check here - http://www.opieoils.co.ukI think the date is a date it was put into the bottle...

really good site thanks,
    yeah it seems to show 5w/30

however i called Mobil and was told 0w/10 and that 4l would be required

and castrol recommends i use 0w/30
    Castrol

& the halfords site shows that i should use 5w/30 if i buy halfords brand oil or 0w/40 if i buy Mobil oil

whats the difference anyway? can it cause problems if i use the wrong oil grade
    Edited by: "m27try" 29th Sep 2010

When I had a Porsche Boxster I was told that I could only use Mobil 1 oil , in fact £135 for each service! Even at Halfords it's about £50 for 5 litres.

Original Poster

diabeticguy

When I had a Porsche Boxster I was told that I could only use Mobil 1 oil … When I had a Porsche Boxster I was told that I could only use Mobil 1 oil , in fact £135 for each service! Even at Halfords it's about £50 for 5 litres.

Asda car reduced there price on all car products, i got them for £4 a litre
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…22
      2. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556

See more discussions