Mobile broadband

Mobile broadband would be ace for me, prices are quite reasonable atm but OH reckons if I wait a few months prices will tumble. Do you reckon I should get it now or wait a while?

12 Comments

I have the 3gb per month option from 3. It costs me £15 per month and the service is pretty good.

I travel around quite a lot and it is very rare for me to not get a decent signal, regardless where I am.

Your not going to get it for much less than £15 a month. Go for it. You know it makes sense.

Original Poster

I agree with you, OH just keeps saying it'll get cheaper and faster, and he's making me dither!! If I get it from t-mobile I can also get free use of their wifi hotspots in Starbucks, so I'm really, really tempted.

Original Poster

Anyone else got any opinions on mobile broadband?

Banned

tessb;1510100

Anyone else got any opinions on mobile broadband?

Ive got a Web n Walk add on with t-mobile for £7.50 a month. Phone is a Vario 3 which has an HSDPA modem which works very well with my laptop. (I think you are supposed to pay an extra fiver when doing this - but so far so good!!!!)

Connection and speeds are excellent. (obviously dependant on your location!)

Running a speedtest on "thinkbroadband" it shows a downspeed of over 1Mb and Up speed of 333Kb - which is faster than most people get with their home broadband!

Original Poster

Cheers Guv, I think I'll go for it

Banned

tessb;1510441

Cheers Guv, I think I'll go for it

Which? Web'n'walk or Vario 3? (or both!)

The phone is by far the best Ive owned. Even iPhone sheep I know commented how impressed they were with it and thinking about exchanging!

If you will be taking a new t-mobile account - at least you will be able to trial it out for 14 days and give back if its not for you.

Banned

tessb;1508579

I agree with you, OH just keeps saying it'll get cheaper and faster, and … I agree with you, OH just keeps saying it'll get cheaper and faster, and he's making me dither!! If I get it from t-mobile I can also get free use of their wifi hotspots in Starbucks, so I'm really, really tempted.

I dont think the basic web'n'walk gives any free access to Starbucks WiFi. However, you wont need it. Just use the T-Mobile service when in Starbucks!!!!!

Original Poster

I still have 9 months to run on my mobile contract so I've just taken out the web'n walk. It's costing me £20 per month but there's a cashback offer which brings it down to £15. There is an offer on their site now for free wifi with any new contract - try texting open to 9526, see if you can get it too.

Original Poster

Result!!! Just got £60 cashback through Qudco for it too lol

Banned

tessb;1511695

I still have 9 months to run on my mobile contract so I've just taken out … I still have 9 months to run on my mobile contract so I've just taken out the web'n walk. It's costing me £20 per month but there's a cashback offer which brings it down to £15. There is an offer on their site now for free wifi with any new contract - try texting open to 9526, see if you can get it too.

Wont work for me!
"New customers that sign up to web'n'walk Max or Plus, or Daily Plus can now enjoy WiFi access in any of our HotSpots across the UK, which normally costs £20 per month."
Mine is just web'n'walk @ £7.50 Nice thought though!!!!! But as mentioned, Im not sure what the point of hot spots are when you can access the net through a decent speed connection anyway!

Do not sign up - good advice. This is for the 3-network usb modem. It works really well.
Call them and express an interest and ask them to call back later or the next day. They will offer a much better deal. I got £11.50 per month for 18 months, after doing this twice - got a so-called 'one-day' only special offer. 3gig limit, about 2,8mbs - not bad.

So try this first, if it doesn't work, you have lost nothing, but I am certain it will in most cases.

Addition - got my bill today, £11.26 per month and it states the allowance at 3072 mbs. So it is confirmed that they will discount the modem if pushed. The discount is called 'Advocate Discount' on the bill and is 25%. I have no idea what this means though, Advocate Discount!!

Good Luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions