Expired

Mobile broadband with Linux (Acer netbook)???

5 replies
Found 19th Jul 2009
Hiya,

I am thinking of getting mobile broadband as Quidco / O2 have a really good cashback offer on at the moment. However, i would really like to use it with my Acer netbook that runs on Linux.

Has anyone got the O2 mobile broadband with Linux working?

I would really appreciate some advice about which mobile broadband can work with Linux.

Thanks!
x

5 Comments

It depends on the model. I have the e160 and works fine on my eee linux netbook (I updated the firmware to the newest one). What is the model?

I've got the Aspire ONE with the 8gb ssd disk. Just put xp on it, the linux is rubbish anyway, then the broadband dongle will work fine.

Original Poster

SunTzu;5793399

I've got the Aspire ONE with the 8gb ssd disk. Just put xp on it, the … I've got the Aspire ONE with the 8gb ssd disk. Just put xp on it, the linux is rubbish anyway, then the broadband dongle will work fine.

yeah i think this is the one i have lol (its the one with the larger hd)

is it easy to put windows xp on it?

x

blondi1;5794018

yeah i think this is the one i have lol (its the one with the larger hd) … yeah i think this is the one i have lol (its the one with the larger hd) is it easy to put windows xp on it?x

oops sorry, only just remembered this thread! Yes, google Ron's TinyXP, it's specifically for the Aspire One and you install it from usb stick, it's the one I use and it's brill :thumbsup:

Original Poster

SunTzu;5804070

oops sorry, only just remembered this thread! Yes, google Ron's TinyXP, … oops sorry, only just remembered this thread! Yes, google Ron's TinyXP, it's specifically for the Aspire One and you install it from usb stick, it's the one I use and it's brill :thumbsup:

no probs thanks very much for that i'll give it a go! im going to have to take it back to john lewis first though it has decided it wont work unless the cable is plugged in! grr lol

xx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up55
    2. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2841
    3. Whey protien620
    4. Virgin media notice55

See more discussions