Groups

mobile credit checks

hi all, I've always had a payg SIM but I'm starting to fancy going contact.

How easy is it to pass a credit check when you have very little to no credit history?
    I'll only be wanting a sim only and maybe 30 rolling. probably with Virgin but not sure yet.

10 Comments

As long as you're over 18, you have a very high chance of being approved for a SIM only contract. The chance is even higher if it's a 30 day contract rather than a 12 month one.

As the network doesn't have to subsidise the cost of a handset, and that a SIM literally costs a couple of pence to make, SIM only contracts have always been easy to obtain.

If you have a debt with the network from a past handset contract however, they won't accept you.
    Edited by: "preecey" 15th Jan

three was very simple for me they just did a check via bank card and then it was fine.

Don't worry you will pass it. I got my first contract (24 month phone contract) in December and I passed it even though I'm not on the electoral register yet

They do pretty much a soft credit check for them..

if you get one with three on their website they will deliver next day don't think they do much of a credit check and then once you are with them they keep offering additional contracts

Original Poster

Oh I have couple of bank accounts ect lived at the same address for years and (this might not be a good thing) am self employed.
    So from what you've said, I would be ok. Infact, might be a good way to get some credit history.

Thank you guys!

justanothercid

three was very simple for me they just did a check via bank card and then … three was very simple for me they just did a check via bank card and then it was fine.

They also did a credit check.

I would go to the same provider as your PAYG SIM already they can see your profile, also try a 30 day SIM ASWELL as they maybe easier to obtain.

asking as you have a bank account you should be able to get a dral.

No credit checks on SIM deals with Tesco Mobile
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions