Mobile found - where’s the best place to hand in?

Found 12th Nov 2017
Local police station shut and not really sure what to do with it?
The phone is off and wont switch on. Totally mint Samsung A5.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

CEX?

Will it switch on if you connect it to a power source?

If not, you’ll have to wait until you find a police station or a police person

Take the SIM out and phone the network? They must know who it's registered to, although you'd have to post the phone to them or take it to their high street store.

terriclarkfan3 m ago

Take the SIM out and phone the network? They must know who it's registered …Take the SIM out and phone the network? They must know who it's registered to, although you'd have to post the phone to them or take it to their high street store.

Simple

davewave37 m ago

Oh dear.

Yeah, much better price on fleebay.

Power it on and wait for someone to call it?
Edited by: "Manny50" 12th Nov 2017

terriclarkfan1 h, 25 m ago

Take the SIM out and phone the network? They must know who it's registered …Take the SIM out and phone the network? They must know who it's registered to, although you'd have to post the phone to them or take it to their high street store.

I doubt they would tell you, data protection act, common sense goes out the window at times

Have you got a local Facebook book page. Say you've found a phone in ??? and see if anyone responds describing it.

Power on. If no password > phone book > look for home number ring it and inform owner

If no home number ring last number called (if it's from phone book) call them explain you found phone and unsure who's it is. If they can inform the owner (the name will show up on their received list).

If password > police station (very low chance of it getting sorted, if no one claims it'll be destroyed).

Take sim card out, put into an unlocked phone . See if you can find the number (ring your own mobile number if it has credit) and search it on Facebook.
Edited by: "kos1c" 12th Nov 2017

kos1c3 m ago

Power on. If no password > phone book > look for home number ring it and …Power on. If no password > phone book > look for home number ring it and inform ownerIf no home number ring last number called (if it's from phone book) call them explain you found phone and unsure who's it is. If they can inform the owner (the name will show up on their received list). If password > police station (very low chance of it getting sorted, if no one claims it'll be destroyed). Take sim card out, put into an unlocked phone. See if you can find the number and search it on Facebook.

If password, also don't forget to press the "Emergency" button, they may have filled out owner or points of contact for ICE.

Charge it and sum one will ring it
Edited by: "kevlfc" 12th Nov 2017

Do nothing with it. If it’s absolutely mint, it may be stolen or counterfeit. Give it to the police tomorrow and stress that you found it and had nothing to do with it.

Dolphinzz44 m ago

Do nothing with it. If it’s absolutely mint, it may be stolen or c …Do nothing with it. If it’s absolutely mint, it may be stolen or counterfeit. Give it to the police tomorrow and stress that you found it and had nothing to do with it.

Or it could be brand new or someone has looked after the phone.

My Samsung S8 is 3 or so months. If I removed the screen protector. You'd see a completely mint phone.

I would do as above, either what I mentioned or leave the phone switched on charged and hope someone calls it. Either a friend of the actual owner and explain the OP found it.

bung it on shpock
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions