Mobile GEEKS: CDMA Vs. GSM Difference?

Banned 13 replies
Found 11th Jan 2011
Verizon has just anouced the iPhone 4 on the CDMA Network? WOW, what does this mean?

GSM is what the British users use? im just reading the anoucement on macrumors

13 Comments

Original Poster Banned

found it:

How it works?

The iPhone 4 for Verizon uses the CDMA network, not LTE. That means is not going to take advantage of the higher speeds of their 4G network. It also means that your data connection will break every time you receive a call, so no internet surfing or video while talking.well

Think it is US ONLY

Original Poster Banned

Yeah it's US only, but i was just wondering what the difference is, i think its a refreshed iphone 4 aswell

Original Poster Banned

That picture cannot be correct? well the sim tray part atleast

Original Poster Banned

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/01/05/140357-iphone_antenna_comparison.jpg

Original Poster Banned

Wow, never knew that. lets hope the UK gets the updated iphone, with the better antenna also, GET RID OF SIM CARDS

Original Poster Banned

1 Year in the future, i dont see apple just replacing the Antenna and calling it the iPhone 5, cant the sim card be build into the iphone digitially

They thought about building the sim card into the phone, but met a great deal of negativity around it as its a dumb idea.

Original Poster Banned

isn't a dumb idea

D4ND4N

isn't a dumb idea

it is unless you only have one number and only intend on buying iphones for the rest of your life.

Original Poster Banned

im

deathtrap3000

it is unless you only have one number and only intend on buying iphones … it is unless you only have one number and only intend on buying iphones for the rest of your life.

im sure theres a way they can be transferred mm

htc desire

D4ND4N

imim sure theres a way they can be transferred mm

apple want you to do it via itunes. Not everybody wants/has itunes.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769306
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2239
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland712
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247602

See more discussions