Groups

Mobile Internet, dongles and SIM cards.

Right, I've had a lot of problems from high street who are saying one thing yet I've heard another, need to find out the straight answer.

Right.

I'm looking at buying the o2 simplicity SIM card deal on HUKD (http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/538633/o2-quidco-offer-is-back-12-month-si), I would get the free web bolt on on it, but could you use that sim card in an internet dongle and use it on a netbook? I've heard lots of stories of people using the iPhone SIM (free web) in a dongle to use on a laptop and it works absolutely fine, yet whenever I ask about it in phone shops whether it is possible they say no its not able to do it.

HELP PLEASE =]

Thanks

4 Comments

Reason you will be getting told no is because you are not supposed to. But the answer is Yes the simplicity internet will work in a dongle with correct settings used.

Ive used, O2, Voda and T-Mobile in my dongle each with web addons

It should be possible, but they don't like it as it is just supposed to work on the phone rather than through a dongle, and (I think) is against the T&Cs of the contract

Original Poster

anthonyt;7039096

Reason you will be getting told no is because you are not supposed to. … Reason you will be getting told no is because you are not supposed to. But the answer is Yes the simplicity internet will work in a dongle with correct settings used. Ive used, O2, Voda and T-Mobile in my dongle each with web addons

bassman_uk;7039107

It should be possible, but they don't like it as it is just supposed to … It should be possible, but they don't like it as it is just supposed to work on the phone rather than through a dongle, and (I think) is against the T&Cs of the contract

Thanks guys, have some rep :thumbsup:

It will work but its against the t&c's and in theory they could bill you/disconnect you etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions