Mobile network as main house main wifi

Posted 18th Apr
Hello everybody. Hope you're all well.

Money is tight. I've an unlimited plan with three that I'm very happy with. I live in a remote area and speeds are decent. I live with my partner and she wants and we currently have WiFi from Plusnet that's due to run out sept/October time. She is a low level user and just mainly streams YouTube videos for our toddler etc.

I would like to use my three network as the main WiFi internet. how would I go about this? which router should I buy? could I get two Sims because I would also need my sim for when I'm out and about. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Could just use your phone as a hotspot?
Arto18/04/2020 19:56

Could just use your phone as a hotspot?

Yes. But just problem when out and want to take phone
john_chappell18/04/2020 19:58

Yes. But just problem when out and want to take phone

You wouldn’t be able to have 2 active sims on the same number so you would either have to hotspot or pay for another sim
Arto18/04/2020 20:00

You wouldn’t be able to have 2 active sims on the same number so you would …You wouldn’t be able to have 2 active sims on the same number so you would either have to hotspot or pay for another sim

Cheers
I have seen that smarty who use 3 network have 30gb data and unlimited minutes for £10 a month.
So you can use your data when home and then the 30gb should do them.
I kept my old Lumia 640 X to use for mobile data use. £23 gets you one on ebay
Edited by: "bigwheels" 18th Apr
The hardware: battered Android smartphone with optional standard router means you can still use any inclusive mins & texts on the SIM, example: hotukdeals.com/com…674
The package: if Voda works for you, Voxi's unlimited everything £10/m package: no credit check, no contract (sadly). Usual comment: the Voxi unlimited everything £10/m package is marketed as 6GB or 8GB but is unlimited until Voxi graduates counting college, and all the colleges are currently closed.
Both you and partner get SIMO with unlimited data.
Turn on hotspot at home.

I would also recommend you andnyour partner sign up to different network. Three network is not that reliable.
Cisco06060618/04/2020 21:06

Both you and partner get SIMO with unlimited data. Turn on hotspot at …Both you and partner get SIMO with unlimited data. Turn on hotspot at home.I would also recommend you andnyour partner sign up to different network. Three network is not that reliable.

I know people have trouble with three. But personally in my current location near farms/fields it works a treat

I might get on three live chat and ask for sim for partner
john_chappell18/04/2020 21:09

I know people have trouble with three. But personally in my current …I know people have trouble with three. But personally in my current location near farms/fields it works a treat I might get on three live chat and ask for sim for partner

Other methods to obtain 2nd 3 SIM can be more beneficial. Either in-app, or my personal fave: the bait&switch route, where the b&s unlim data option is potentially available as about equiv £5.40/m on 12m SIMO starting from the combination of 12GB £10/m deal + £55 cashback opportunity.
MO for current b&s option would be variation on earlier example at hotukdeals.com/com…017 and current £55 cashback opportunity at topcashback.co.uk/3-m…le/
AndyRoyd18/04/2020 21:27

Other methods to obtain 2nd 3 SIM can be more beneficial. Either in-app, …Other methods to obtain 2nd 3 SIM can be more beneficial. Either in-app, or my personal fave: the bait&switch route, where the b&s unlim data option is potentially available as about equiv £5.40/m on 12m SIMO starting from the combination of 12GB £10/m deal + £55 cashback opportunity. MO for current b&s option would be variation on earlier example at https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/37231017 and current £55 cashback opportunity at https://www.topcashback.co.uk/3-mobile/

I will try that
Lovely chaps give waived me two months of bills for my inconvenience. I swear they'll give you anything
john_chappell19/04/2020 22:03

Lovely chaps give waived me two months of bills for my inconvenience. I …Lovely chaps give waived me two months of bills for my inconvenience. I swear they'll give you anything

What inconvenience?
Ferris19/04/2020 22:06

What inconvenience?

I can't remember. Told me about a deal incorrectly. I was just blagging it to them. there wasn't any inconvenience. Just made up
We got a 4g Router with socket for a normal house phone so depending on package you get your internet and all calls.
Get a £10 voxi sim each if Vodafone has good coverage where you live, unlimited data texts and calls #bargain
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions