Mobile network who is best?

Posted 1st Apr
I'm looking at a new phone and leaving 3

I don't mind who I go to I just want the best coverage and fastest speeds

Are ee the best?

If I get the phone from affordable mobiles they offer 125gb would any of that be throttled after the first 25gb (which is the figure they've crossed out)

Will be used in South Wales and North Wales
3 really struggled in North Wales

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Usually it's EE definitely but even than best coverage is geographic.
So in one particular area another provider could be better than EE but overall EE
I'd recommend ordering some free PAYG SIMS and carry out your own tests to decide who will offer you the best coverage/speeds. Perhaps look at their 5G roll out plans too and consider when you may move to a 5G handset too.
It's all down to the area you'll be mainly using your phone. Around here Vodafone are best. Take the coverage maps on the websites with a pinch of salt too.
I'm from South Wales (Swansea) and used to swear by EE.

Overall, they do still have the biggest 2G/3G/4G and 5G networks but there is little difference these days as the others have caught up a lot, particularly CTIL (Vodafone/O2). Google 'CTIL' if you want to know more about what it's about.

I'm with Vodafone these days and have found them to be very good to excellent in terms of 4G alone in the vast majority of places between Haverfordwest and Newport, as well as Lampeter, Brecon, the Cardiff valleys (Pontypridd, Cwmbran, Abergavenny etc), and Aberystwyth.

I have never been to North Wales so can't comment on signal up there - Aberystwyth being the northernmost area of Wales I've been to.
EE supposedly have best coverage and speed but in my area Vodafone are the best. You'd be best checking with some payg sims. Check it at home and at work.

Vodafone are certainly a lot better than Three who were very often down and struggle to get a signal in lots of places.
From what I have experienced...

In terms of coverage:

EE - absolute best but most expensive.
Vodafone - best value for money.
O2 - good signal, poor data speeds.
Three - Cheapest but worst network.

In terms of customer service they all are bad, but ranked least worst to worst:

EE
Three
O2
Vodafone

Check each network's coverage tracker to see which is best in your postcode area Hyperlinked all coverage trackers above.
Edited by: "jamie15" 1st Apr
jamie1501/04/2020 15:54

From what I have experienced...In terms of coverage:EE - …From what I have experienced...In terms of coverage:EE - absolute best but most expensive.Vodafone - best value for money.O2 - good signal, poor data speeds.Three - Cheapest but worst network.In terms of customer service they all are bad, but ranked least worst to worst:EEThreeO2VodafoneCheck each network's coverage tracker to see which is best in your postcode area Hyperlinked all coverage trackers above.

I always found Threes CS dreadful. Every time I called them and complained about something they then tried putting me through to the sales team each time. Like ok I'd really like to take out a new contract after receiving really bad service etc.. Also getting PAK code you had to argue with them for about 10 minutes. They certainly tested my patients. It's better now you can text for it etc..
.MUFC.01/04/2020 16:13

I always found Threes CS dreadful. Every time I called them and complained …I always found Threes CS dreadful. Every time I called them and complained about something they then tried putting me through to the sales team each time. Like ok I'd really like to take out a new contract after receiving really bad service etc.. Also getting PAK code you had to argue with them for about 10 minutes. They certainly tested my patients. It's better now you can text for it etc..

All 4 have bad customer service, but O2 and Vodafone are even worse than Three.

I would recommend using an MVNO instead.
jamie1501/04/2020 16:15

All 4 have bad customer service, but O2 and Vodafone are even worse than …All 4 have bad customer service, but O2 and Vodafone are even worse than Three.I would recommend using an MVNO instead.

I've had good and bad on Vodafone but Three was defo worse for me. Had to constantly call them to sort problems out. Not had to contact O2 or EE.
I'm Midlands and on EE and I've found signal and CS excellent, although as stated a bit more expensive than other companies.

My contract is up in June and I'll definitely be looking at staying with EE but on a monthly contract.
.MUFC.01/04/2020 16:19

I've had good and bad on Vodafone but Three was defo worse for me. Had to …I've had good and bad on Vodafone but Three was defo worse for me. Had to constantly call them to sort problems out. Not had to contact O2 or EE.

All up to personal experience as I said.
Thankyou - I'll go for EE
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions