Mobile networks and questions...

Posted 13th Oct
Anyone know why Life mobile sims don't get access to EE's (Plusnet's) 4G and more specifically the 800mhz band - think that's the long range 4G band?

Been thinking of moving to ID Mobile but being a MVNO was wondering if any frequencies on the Three network are excluded from ID sims? And the last thing if anyone know's, why would a phone register to a cell tower with excellent signal for a few minutes then move to either a much weaker 4G or 3G tower. Trying out a 3 sim, when the phone is first turned on it will register with full 4G VoLTE, minutes later it's half the signal on either band and nobody seems to know why?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Id and bt are the only mvno's with full features, all bands, volte etc. Sky are semi featured with WiFi but no 4g calling. All the others don't have vowifi or volte. Plusnet don't have access either.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 13th Oct
Maybe you're only on a 3G contract? I'm with Plusnet (via Life mobile), and only get 3G, but I only pay £1 pm, so I'm happy with that.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 13th Oct
Cheers chaps. I'm also on the £1 PM deal that was available some years back. Was wondering why coverage has become do dire around here of late on the old Life sim. I suppose it's not having 800mhz here in the sticks that's the problem.

Might give ID a go if I can find out why signal goes from all singing all dancing to mediocre in minutes. Makes no sense!
Dusty13/10/2019 22:52

Cheers chaps. I'm also on the £1 PM deal that was available some years …Cheers chaps. I'm also on the £1 PM deal that was available some years back. Was wondering why coverage has become do dire around here of late on the old Life sim. I suppose it's not having 800mhz here in the sticks that's the problem. Might give ID a go if I can find out why signal goes from all singing all dancing to mediocre in minutes. Makes no sense!

If you're like me and only paying £1 pm click, I wouldn't cancel that Plusnet (Life mobile) contract.
No, think I'll keep it going. Do wonder at times if it's deliberate because it's so cheap?

I'm surprised we've still go it to be honest.
Dusty13/10/2019 23:00

No, think I'll keep it going. Do wonder at times if it's deliberate …No, think I'll keep it going. Do wonder at times if it's deliberate because it's so cheap?I'm surprised we've still go it to be honest.

How much data do you use anyway? You thought about getting a dual sim phone?
Yes as RiverDragon8 says the £1 Life Mobile deals were when they didn't offer 4G yet. They did towards the end before they became Plusnet Mobile
call up plusnet and ask them if they can give you a new sim you never know they might give you a 4G one and then you have an amazing deal.
Im on plusnet, Ive had to switch off 4G and make the phone 3G.
When on 4G I dont get calls they got straight to answerphone and the only fix is to set it to 3G.
Due to billing issue I only pay £1 for 2000 mins ult txt and 1.5GB data.
So dont mind to much.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants