Expired

Mobile phone advice

Found 23rd Oct 2017
Hi all, I'm getting my son a new phone for Xmas . He currently has a Samsung S5. I guess it means going S6? I can't believe the prices to be honest so I did some searching and found the One Plus 5 phone which seems better for the dollar.
So would it be best to stick with Samsung S6 or One plus 5 ?
Any suggestions welcomed.I didn't really want to spend over £300 tbh on a phone lol
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Ive had an S6 and its a brilliant phone but the battery life is shocking. Ive also heard the oneplus 5 aint great, is he on a contract already?
Have a look at the LG V20 from eglobal UK, high end specs, but on offer for an amazing price (I'm typing on one now from the same company).
WileyFox do decently specced but budget priced Android phones.
You can pickup a galaxy s7 for £350 on amazon warehouse S7
As someone said below, wileyfox swift two or the new Moto g.

I wouldn't bother paying over £200 for a phone nowadays.

Got the WF swift, got it in the Amazon warehouse, had it a year and works great and I use it all the time.

Lots of good choices sub £200.
Original Poster
Thanks all, much appreciated. I will look into all those suggested. Once sorted the next decision will be a 4g TV that can be used for gaming!! Jeeez this is a minefield.
Off to look at those phone suggested. Thanks again x
Original Poster
gormley907 h, 51 m ago

Ive had an S6 and its a brilliant phone but the battery life is shocking. …Ive had an S6 and its a brilliant phone but the battery life is shocking. Ive also heard the oneplus 5 aint great, is he on a contract already?

No, I buy the phone outright and do a simple only option. I've just moved mine to ID, which I think use O2. £5 a month and it's brilliant service & coverage. The app is amazing too.
Original Poster
SIM* not simple.lol
Ive got an s7 edge for sale if you were interested. Very good condition.
Original Poster
master101 h, 9 m ago

Ive got an s7 edge for sale if you were interested. Very good condition.

I've just bought the LG V20 and accessories or else I'd have been interested. Thankyou though
Catherine.Bonera3 h, 9 m ago

No, I buy the phone outright and do a simple only option. I've just moved …No, I buy the phone outright and do a simple only option. I've just moved mine to ID, which I think use O2. £5 a month and it's brilliant service & coverage. The app is amazing too.

ID use the '3' Network
Catherine.Bonera2 h, 34 m ago

I've just bought the LG V20 and accessories or else I'd have been …I've just bought the LG V20 and accessories or else I'd have been interested. Thankyou though

Great phone for the price...good choice
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Totally appreciate the help. X
I too have an s7 edge which is virtually new if you wanted.
GiffGaff is O2. ID is 3, but they have the best value for money packages IMO.

Buying the handset and a Pay Monthly sim is the best way to do it. Some of my friends have outrageously expensive 24 month phone contracts, and you'd save that money in a few months.

LG was the other phone I was looking at alongside the WileyFox, it's a solid phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions