Groups

mobile phone Argos question

Can I return a phone or bought from argos last week.
    It's too big. I been using it.

13 Comments

just box it back up and say it keeps dropping signal where u live so no use to u did this a month ago after using for around 10 days no problem they cant even check as local store about 3 miles from my home hope this helps

Original Poster

Thanks I'll try

If you've opened it then no, their 30 day is for unopened items. The only way is to lie about it being broken mentioned above, though the stock would then have to be written off so you'd arguably be dishonestly losing them money - unless you're a 'they're a big company and they can handle it' type. Should work though.
    Edited by: "misterleoni" 8th Jan

Original Poster

Lol fraud returning a phone

Just sell it on here, what phone is it ??

It works a treat though, I had to try the same thing in Sports Direct and say there was a spiky bit inside because they don't do refunds -.-

kcspurs

Lol fraud returning a phone

Amended what I said now as that was a bit 'overkill'. If there's nothing wrong with it and you're returning it as a faulty item then you'll be losing them money, that's all. If you don't care then you will get your money back I think. Some would argue that this is a bit dishonest though, as it's not really their fault the phone doesn't suit you and they will be losing money on it.

darrenriordan

just box it back up and say it keeps dropping signal where u live so no … just box it back up and say it keeps dropping signal where u live so no use to u did this a month ago after using for around 10 days no problem they cant even check as local store about 3 miles from my home hope this helps

Yep. This kind of lie is what causes prices to go up for decent honest customers.

Original Poster

They opened the box at checkout because they was looking for the £15 Google play voucher

If you picked it up in store you're stock with it unless you're going to lie, which I think is wrong. If you bought it online you can return it.

Is your other thread connected to this?

Have you redeemed the £15 Google Play voucher?

Original Poster

andynicol

Is your other thread connected to this?Have you redeemed the £15 Google … Is your other thread connected to this?Have you redeemed the £15 Google Play voucher?

​Haven't redeem the voucher yet

kcspurs

​Haven't redeem the voucher yet

Ah okay, as others have stated, bit naughty to return as its not there fault that you don't like it.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553780
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047092
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7071341
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?715

See more discussions