Groups

Mobile Phone Contract

This probably sounds really stupid, but have only ever ordered PAYG phones in the past. I am now looking to order the HTC Hero on a contract, but its a christmas present for someone.

If I order it now, is there a way of delaying the start of the contract until christmas? Dont want to pay for a month when its stuck in the box!

If it matters, it will be T-Mobile contract and ordered from mobilephonesdirect

5 Comments

In short the answer is no. They will want a months rental in the first few days you get the phone, so maybe order it near xmas?

Original Poster

Thats what I thought :-( Really want to get it sorted now, dont want to leave it too late.

Also wont necessarily be able to get the contract I can get now

Thanks, rep on its way

As a present ?

You do realise if the contracts in your name you're liable for all the costs ?
    If they go over by £100 one month you'll be expected to pay it if the contracts in your name ?

Original Poster

steve1221;6886410

As a present ?You do realise if the contracts in your name you're liable … As a present ?You do realise if the contracts in your name you're liable for all the costs ?If they go over by £100 one month you'll be expected to pay it if the contracts in your name ?

Mum buying for dad, joint bank account so doesnt make a difference, he also hardly uses his phone so wont even use minutes etc he gets free

Thanks for the warning though, hadnt really thought of that (Yup, I am totally clueless when it comes to contracts! Always been PAYG because none of us use our phones much!)

Sounds safe enough then

I only posted that as there's a thread on MSE where a mum took a contract for her daughter and then the child went over her text limit by a 1000 and minutes by a few hundred and mum wasn't at all pleased with the £130 bill !!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions